News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Negatively, Beneficial Hats

Started by Mr Pwnage, August 02, 2009, 10:44:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArtGames

If you have a stat that 1 or 2 than your getting no benefit for it to start with and most likely you have a pure account or a account favoring one stat a lot.

The point of lower one stat is to make it not too be too over powered. aka lets say there is a hat that gives you +10 str and takes way -5 int. If you have 2 int and 60 str your not getting much swings to start with and not taking away 5 int is not going to have much of a difference. in other words you have bigger problems than not having your int taken away.

Non the less the game not really meant to have a stat that you will need one or two of.

But if you still think this is unfair than make it so you haft to have enough stats to put the hat/wep to start with. This will make a stat more useful and would be more fair.

hartless!

art what your saying is that people will use them and get OVERLY negatively benefits, if someone doesnt benifet (meaning they have to low of the stat that is subtracted) then what is the point of even wearing the hat? it would be a choice as a player if they want to lose the stats to gain a bonus in another area.

ArtGames

Quote from: hartless! on August 03, 2009, 12:06:34 AM
art what your saying is that people will use them and get OVERLY negatively benefits, if someone doesnt benifet (meaning they have to low of the stat that is subtracted) then what is the point of even wearing the hat? it would be a choice as a player if they want to lose the stats to gain a bonus in another area.

No that's not my idea. my first idea out of two was to have the hat/wep affect them till 1 stat point because they already have low stats there anyways.

My 2ed idea (if people dont think the first is fair) was to not let them ware that hat/wep at all if they cant afford it stat wise.

crozier

I think if you had 30 str and 4 int. A hat that takes away 6 int and gives 12 str.
It should only take away int to leave it at 1 but not give the entire str benifit.
It takes away 3 int and gives 6 str.( new stats 36,x,x,1)
3=1/2 of 6, 6= 1/2 of 12.
If you had 5 int it would take away 4 int and give 8 str.

ArtGames

Thats not a bad idea crozier. I like that better than what i suggested.

crozier

Or when you start Version 3 everything starts out as 5.

Lingus

No, sorry, the only way this will work is if there is a low end cap on certain stats like speed, damage, etc. If your agi falls too low and your speed hits that cap, your speed won't be decreased any further. But this should only come into affect at very low end numbers like -10 or -20 agi or something. You should be able to get down to pretty low speeds if these kinds of items are going to be implemented. Think about if you had like +10 or more str on something. If you're doing that much extra damage, you better have a serious downside. Like moving slower than a 1 agi player.

ArtGames

I rather not have a ridicules negative affect but rather just get as much as a benefit i can afford. Really something slower/weaker than one agi/int/ect it gets pointless. I dont think it needs to be all or nothing.

Lingus

I do. I think without the negative aspect, this whole suggestion is pointless.

Actually, I don't particularly like this idea anyways... but that's my opinion.

ArtGames

but you still do have a negative affect to his idea. you just don't get the full benefit eater.

Lingus

You're saying if you don't get the negative affect because that stat would go below 1 that you also wouldn't gain as much of the other stat the item has... I guess that could work, but it seems kind of complicated. Plus, if you think about it, if someone is going to leave one of their stats at 1 just so they could get the benefits of the other stat the item has, even if they don't get as much, they're still getting a benefit. I dunno... it just seems like an odd work around to the problem. If you are going to have hats that give negative affects to a certain stat and large bonuses to another, it should do that for everyone, not just people who have the right amount of stats for it to work.

ArtGames

Nah its not that complicated. Just one algorithm and let the pc do the math.(btw i had so3 in mind. i see what you mean when it comes to so2.) But i do what it fair as you can make it. But something tell me people with 1-10 stat points will not happen in so 3.

11clock

I like this idea. There needs to be some downsides for certain hats.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: ArtGames on August 03, 2009, 08:53:54 PM
Nah its not that complicated. Just one algorithm and let the pc do the math.(btw i had so3 in mind. i see what you mean when it comes to so2.) But i do what it fair as you can make it. But something tell me people with 1-10 stat points will not happen in so 3.
Lolwut? Algorithms are only for Rubiks cubes! (It's a joke, dur dur dur) Anyways, im with lingus on it...making sombody walk slower than 1 agi ISN'T that hard...or at least shouldnt be, I guess Meiun can throw high 2 cents in, if he comes accross this.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

jonsploder

Considering Meiun will run out of positive only choices for hats, without making other hats obsolete, this is a fantastic idea.