News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Kaspersky

Started by senthery, April 03, 2011, 12:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

senthery

I know stick online isn't a virus but why does Kaspersky keep detecting it as one? Its preventing me from playing it and I dont want to remove the anti virus because I just purchased a key for this program...

Scotty

It's funny how I've heard so many people boast that they are using Kaspersky, and how it's the best anti-virus out there today (at least in their opinion).  These people are often the most outspoken about how (their) anti-viruses are killing their user experience with everything.  I'm not saying you're doing this right now (because you're not), but if I had a dime for every person I've heard say that Kaspersky was the best, and only a mere penny for every time I've heard complaints over how it's screwing things up for them (but it's still the "best"), I could retire before the age of 28.

king

Quote from: Scotty on April 03, 2011, 12:36:38 PM
It's funny how I've heard so many people boast that they are using Kaspersky, and how it's the best anti-virus out there today (at least in their opinion).  These people are often the most outspoken about how (their) anti-viruses are killing their user experience with everything.  I'm not saying you're doing this right now (because you're not), but if I had a dime for every person I've heard say that Kaspersky was the best, and only a mere penny for every time I've heard complaints over how it's screwing things up for them (but it's still the "best"), I could retire before the age of 28.

how old are you now?..rofl

senthery

Any help guys? haha I'm really sick today and cant really go outside so I just feel like leveling on stick :p

Delicious

You're unable to disable the anti-virus for a bit? Sounds like Norton and Kaspersky should be close "anti-virus" friends...
<3

Meiun

I assure you that Stick Online is no virus or malware of any kind. Kasperspy is the only antivirus program I have heard of that has had any issues with it, and it seems to be a more recent development at that. I believe it is likely due to some of the security measures the game uses to try and detect cheaters (if I had to take a guess). Either way, I havn't used Kasperspy, but I know pretty much every other AV software out there allows you to make exceptions for certain programs, so I'd try to do that if you can.

Chaos

Speaking as someone who HAS Kaspersky, it doesn't detect Stick Online as a virus, it detects "ProcessViewer.dll" as a virus, which is part of the anti-cheat method that Stick Online uses.  Because of the way the dll works, it is picked up as a false positive by Kaspersky.  Rest assured, it is NOT a virus.

@Scotty:  Kaspersky WAS the best.  Unfortunately, when they decided to release the 2010 version, they chose to go the Windows Vista route of security (QUESTION ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING).  Effective, but not particularly user friendly.  Every new game I attempt to play, it pops up with a "potential keylogger" because the game wants to DETECT my keyboard input so I can actually CONTROL my game.  It isn't so bad if you take the time to bother hitting the "This is a trusted program" or "Add exception for this program" etc.  :/
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Scotty

Quote from: Chaos on April 03, 2011, 05:40:58 PM
@Scotty:  Kaspersky WAS the best.  Unfortunately, when they decided to release the 2010 version, they chose to go the Windows Vista route of security (QUESTION ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING).  Effective, but not particularly user friendly.  Every new game I attempt to play, it pops up with a "potential keylogger" because the game wants to DETECT my keyboard input so I can actually CONTROL my game.  It isn't so bad if you take the time to bother hitting the "This is a trusted program" or "Add exception for this program" etc.  :/

Perfect Example!

Chaos

Quote from: Scotty on April 03, 2011, 08:08:30 PM

Perfect Example!

Actually, it's a horrid example, because you seem to have missed the key operative, "was".  Unfortunately for your post, that makes all the difference.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Scotty

Quote from: Chaos on April 04, 2011, 02:20:49 AM

Perfect Example!

Actually, it's a horrid example, because you seem to have missed the key operative, "was".  Unfortunately for your post, that makes all the difference.

And let me guess, you still have what "was" a good anti-virus it installed, even though you claim it went the "Windows Vista route of security (QUESTION ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING)."  Or did you finally ditch that horrid piece of crap anti-virus for something that actually works and lets you work?

senthery

Quote from: Meiun on April 03, 2011, 05:17:15 PM
I assure you that Stick Online is no virus or malware of any kind. Kasperspy is the only antivirus program I have heard of that has had any issues with it, and it seems to be a more recent development at that. I believe it is likely due to some of the security measures the game uses to try and detect cheaters (if I had to take a guess). Either way, I havn't used Kasperspy, but I know pretty much every other AV software out there allows you to make exceptions for certain programs, so I'd try to do that if you can.

thanks meiun, I just made the file that it was detecting a virus an exception :p

Chaos

Quote from: Scotty on April 04, 2011, 08:51:00 AM
Quote from: Chaos on April 04, 2011, 02:20:49 AM

Perfect Example!

And let me guess, you still have what "was" a good anti-virus it installed, even though you claim it went the "Windows Vista route of security (QUESTION ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING)."  Or did you finally ditch that horrid piece of crap anti-virus for something that actually works and lets you work?

Oh, yes, I'm going to go spend $100 for a new anti-virus when this one is perfectly functional, just merely annoying.  Sorry man, not all of us are Mr. Moneybags.

Glad to hear your problem was resolved, Senthery.
Jake says:

Chaos

Jake says: