News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Quite Odd Bug [Solved.]

Started by Infection, April 06, 2011, 05:11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Infection

Okay, I'll explain what happened, I had hit some key in the keypad region (the one you would normally use for calculators) of my keyboard. I don't know which key I hit, but when that happened, its as if Stick Online froze except for my character.

When I would sit down, I would still recover my health and energy. I managed to take a 6 second video with fraps before I disconnected. My internet is/was fine at the moment, so that did not cause it.

This is rather minor as in would happen never again, but I have yet to try it for a 2nd time.  Though I would still like to post about it.

A link to the video will be below, PLEASE mind that Fraps is very bad my computer is pretty bad recording Stick-Online, as my settings (couldn't switch them as I was pressed for time) could only record a odd upper-right corner of the game, so I ask that you do Fullscreen 480p to see most of it.

I sped the video up x2 since I only get ~2 fps when recording. (I have a horrible computer. :P)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6qt6U1NXuE

In it, you can see me sit down AFTER I had already pressed the key, and you can see my energy go up.

Pretty odd, eh?

Edit: I was on the ground before I started recording, I jumped to the branch and that is when I started recording.

"Nobody is perfect, I am nobody, therefore, I am perfect."

"When the rich wage war it's the poor who die."

Meiun

I am really failing to see what is wrong here. What exactly is it that is "frozen"? The bandits are just no chasing you because you are too high up, so they are normal, you still move and do everything as normal, all the displays seem to be working fine, and the screen still scrolls as it should by the looks of it. If by chance you are trying to imply that even when you were on the ground, the NPC's would not chase you, that is likely due to the fact that your connection was cutting out so communication with the server (which is what tells the monsters what to do) was not happening. This also would explain why you would have gotten disconnected shortly afterwards.

Infection

Ah, yes, I totally did not mention that, I was on the ground when I had hit the key, and I jumped up onto the branch when it happened. When I was on the ground,(within chasing distance) they did "freeze" or not move.

Quotewhen you were on the ground, the NPC's would not chase you, that is likely due to the fact that your connection was cutting out so communication with the server (which is what tells the monsters what to do) was not happening. This also would explain why you would have gotten disconnected shortly afterwards.

Okay. That makes sense, heh. So you're saying cutting out communication with the server is still possible with a stable internet connection? I thought that only happened when you lost internet or something similar.

I guess not :)

Well thanks for clearing that up, (despite the fact I feel a little dumb, haha) it makes sense to me at least. I suppose a lock?
"Nobody is perfect, I am nobody, therefore, I am perfect."

"When the rich wage war it's the poor who die."

Meiun

Quote from: Infection on April 06, 2011, 05:38:41 PM
Ah, yes, I totally did not mention that, I was on the ground when I had hit the key, and I jumped up onto the branch when it happened. When I was on the ground,(within chasing distance) they did "freeze" or not move.

Quotewhen you were on the ground, the NPC's would not chase you, that is likely due to the fact that your connection was cutting out so communication with the server (which is what tells the monsters what to do) was not happening. This also would explain why you would have gotten disconnected shortly afterwards.

Okay. That makes sense, heh. So you're saying cutting out communication with the server is still possible with a stable internet connection? I thought that only happened when you lost internet or something similar.

I guess not :)

Well thanks for clearing that up, (despite the fact I feel a little dumb, haha) it makes sense to me at least. I suppose a lock?
There are a variety of things that could cause it, and a couple blips in your connection every now and again are really not that uncommon, they just may be harder to detect in casual usage such as internet browsing since those things don't usually require a stable connection for more than the time it takes to load a page. Also, it does not always neccesarily need to be YOUR connection that is causing the problem, as it could also in some cases be the server end that is having the issue.

Basically, all your experiencing by the sounds of it is a rather severe lag spike that was big enough to merit a connection loss.