News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Help please i just donated. :) Error when running game.

Started by BlackDemonX, April 17, 2011, 09:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDemonX

So yea, uhhh i wanna play. but i keep getting this.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Meiun

Hrmm, strange. What operating system are you using just out of curiosity? One thing you might want to try, is to right click the game and select "Run as Administrator" if you are using Vista or Windows 7 (that is, assuming you do have administrator privelages on that computer).

BlackDemonX

Im running  " Windows Vista" Basic and im using an Acer Aspire One Laptop

BlackDemonX

Also Ran as administrator and turned my firewall and Virus protector off. Still got the same error.

sly 3 4 me

Which version of DirectX are you currently running on the system? Try running the game in compatibility mode with Windows by right clicking the .exe and clicking the compatibility tab and setting it to a Windows XP Service Pack.

RayRay

Sometimes I get that error when testing my games while watching YouTube and playing Minecraft all at once. This could be because you don't have enough memory. I don't mean hard drive space, I mean the physical memory. Could you tell me how much memory you have? You can do this by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del, opening Task Manager, and clicking the Performance tab.

I'm not sure how Vista displays it, but try looking at these two:
  • It should be obvious if you see Memory as a graph. It should be the 2nd graph.
  • If not, try looking at the bottom and find a section saying "Physical Memory (K)."

Also I think you're better off showing a picture instead if you don't know the maximum.

Hope I didn't get you lost. :P

Also #2, that's the right compatibility mode. (the one that's highlighted)

sly 3 4 me

The one you currently have highlighted is the one you should try to run it on. I believe he should have enough memory to run a gamemaker application simply because he is able to run Windows Vista, considering how much of a memory hog it is to even run.  :P

RayRay

Quote from: BlackDemonX on April 17, 2011, 10:51:42 PM
What Do? D:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Yeah, I think you have enough memory, ~2 GB. So if that isn't the problem, what is...?

I suggest that compatibility mode Sly suggested and hopefully it works. When Windows went Vista, a lot of things couldn't work, so try that.

BlackDemonX

Ive done everything you guys have said and its not working. :(  It sucks that it works on my slow computer though... It's an old Dell computer. Windows XP/ -__-

Meiun

I would also suggest the compatibility mode, that would have been one of my next suggestions. The only other thing that comes to mind at the moment, which is probably a stretch, is to ensure your graphics drivers are up to date. Although I'd imagine you would most likely get a different kind of error if they had anything to do with it anyways.

I keep feeling like there is something I'm forgetting though, and that I've seen this error before. So I will keep thinking and let you know if I think of anything else. In the mean time, I'd try the comatibility mode, run as admin, restarting your computer if you havn't already, and ensuring you have the latest windows updates/graphics drivers.

sly 3 4 me

Well, before we attempt to see if the way you're running the game or what is configured is the underlying cause, I think you should try to run another gamemaker game to see if it's a problem on gamemaker games with your computer. Would you mind posting your directx diagnostics information here? It can be done by following these steps

1 From your Windows "Start" button, select "Run...". Type run into the search box.

2 Type DxDiag in the "Open:" field and hit Enter.

3 DxDiag will start, and may display a prompt that begins "Do you want to allow DxDiag to check if your drivers are digitally signed..." Answer "Yes" to this query if it appears.

4 A window entitled "DirectX Diagnostic Tool" appears, and in the lower left corner, a bar will begin to collect the DxDiag information relating to the system's hardware and Windows component configuration.

5 When the progress indicator disappears, hit the "Save All Information" button. Save this file as DxDiag.txt where it can be easily located. By default, DxDiag will place this file on the Desktop.

Note: If you do not see a button that allows you to save the output, you will need to log on to Windows as the Administrator.

After doing this post the contents in the .txt here. Also, if you read this Meiun would it be possible to add the ability to add attachments to posts through the 'additional options...' menu when creating a post? It would make it easier for events such as this or similar problems.

Here's an image if you're having problems once running the DxDiag:

Mr Pwnage

Well sadly this isn't helpful, but I recognize that error. That is the game maker "fluke" error. It's pretty rare, and when it happens nobody knows the !@#$ why. It's only ever happened to 1 of my games when run on certain computers. Nobody really knows why it happens...some weird internal GM thing.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php