News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Help please i just donated. :) Error when running game.

Started by BlackDemonX, April 17, 2011, 09:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meiun

Ahh your running on a netbook? I noticed you have an atom processor which is definitely an indication of that. Could you possibly find and post the graphics card information from the dxdiag? You could either probably find it in that file listing, or just by going to the Device section under the Display tab.

BlackDemonX

Meiun

It depends entirely on the specs of the netbook really. I have a netbook that it runs fine on, and I know of a few others who have done so as well. It certainly is a possibility that it could have something to do with it though. Your card certainly has enough video memory to run it (although Im sure most of that is borrowed from your system RAM), but as for the card itself I don't know too much about it. Typically Intel integrated graphics cards are pretty awful, especially in highly mobile based devices. But even then, I'd be quite surprised if the game didnt even start up.

When you click on the battery indicator on your task bar, what power plan does it list you as using? I would try to make sure it's on the high/maximum performance one if you can and see if that has any impact. I'm really not quite sure what else to try at this point if you have tried everything else.

sly 3 4 me

That is indeed enough memory to run the game in any case. Even the processor speed should be sufficient enough to run it. I have less VRAM than that and it runs fine. Try setting your resolution to a different setting and see if it works. Try 1280x800, you can change it back if it doesn't work afterward. This may cause the icons on the desktop to become ajar, it should be fine though since you have an image with the desktop on the first page if this does happen. Stick-online by default asks for 1024x768 as the recommended resolution.

Meiun

He has enough total video memory available, but I believe the card itself is extremely crude if I'm not mistaken. But even then, I'd still imagine it would be good enought to at least start the game. But I really don't know enough about it to say for sure. Setting the resolution differently probably wouldn't have much of an impact. As long as your resolution is at 1024 wide, and 600 high, you should be fine.

However, I did just notice that your color depth is set to only 16 bit? I would imagine that would cause an issue well before the resolution would. I would try setting that up to 32 bit and see if that helps.

sly 3 4 me

Ah, yes. I did not notice it said 16 bit because the image is kind of hard to read with the size of the image. I should have enlarged it. I believe if it's under 24 bit it's possible for it to be a problem, so yeah, set it to 32 bit.

BlackDemonX

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Im pretty sure it's just my Net Book, thanks for all the help though guys, i really appreciate it.

sly 3 4 me

Looked around a bit and received a few reports of problems with that net-book and Gamemaker. Maybe people noted the GPU wasn't powerful enough to run it. There were a few other reports of the problem being fixed when they installed a windows update. Is your system fully updated with windows updates? Another report showed it worked in 800x600 resolution for some reason, lol.

CherryPie

Sorry for being off-topic, but I remember you from 2007 BDX, hope you'll make it back in-game :)

KaptainKohl

Did you ever fix it? i have some information that might help

When i have made games in gamemaker i found that this error sometimes happened when i made to large of sprites that the computer couldn't load in the game. so i think its just your computer that cant load the game right.

since you haven't posted in 4 months i think you fixed this.

krele

GAH! I hate that one!

As far as I know this is mostly caused by memory issues. Also by redrawing a room in a draw event, or by calling a script from itself... So it must be a memory issue of some sort :S

Forum

Quote from: KaptainKohl on August 11, 2011, 06:55:03 PM
Did you ever fix it? i have some information that might help

When i have made games in gamemaker i found that this error sometimes happened when i made to large of sprites that the computer couldn't load in the game. so i think its just your computer that cant load the game right.

since you haven't posted in 4 months i think you fixed this.
I saw him in game so its fixed. But you do realize your post doesn't provide info that can accually help him, its not his computer, it was his netbook.

And you necroed 4 month topic ;(
Officially quitted

RainbowDash

I think it could be a problem with your DirectX. Could be missing some files or something bad happen to them.

Goto http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35 and download and install this to make sure its not that. After installing it restart your computer and try and run the game.

If that does not work then its most likely really bad graphics/sound drivers.

BlackDemonX

Im gonna try that as of now RainBow Dash, and yea, its been 4 months and i never got it fixed. lol

Loganvz123

Quote from: CherryPie on April 19, 2011, 04:34:25 AM
Sorry for being off-topic, but I remember you from 2007 BDX, hope you'll make it back in-game :)
Ditto.