News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Very minor bugs

Started by ArtGames, August 05, 2009, 01:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArtGames

These are little nit picking bugs in game. These don?t make the game any worse at all but i really do have free time on my hands to make this.

Current version of the game when topic was made: 0.0217
SH1 of main exe of file tested: E3FC3AECA1878EB55278608C0D459EA0E1EA126F
SH1 of "Resources.sor" of file tested: E5BDA58F237BDF267D617F5EFD1015A9FC107C0F

1. Backwards motion of knock back is retained after collision with a wall. Meaning when you get hit by a hammer, you keep still moving backwards after hitting a wall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFa_cu3Qvbk
See how after i fall pass the bottom of the platform my screen starts panning to the right.

2. After the games closes, it does not clean its self up as much as it should. Once you leave the game it still leaves the ?gm_ttt_xxxx? folder with four DLL?s contained in it. Also once in a while it will leave the ?ADD? folder in there with one DLL in it.

3. For some reason while I was walking my movement will stop and i had to release all keys to continue with the game once more. This has happen to me two times and i also have head it happen to linguz.  This mostly happens at wall for me.

4. Small spelling error in readme.txt. ?Try to use atleast one non alpanumeric character (&,*,@,$,etc.)? It should be alphanumeric. And atleast is two words. :P The only reason i know this is because my spelling is so bad i have spell check running every ware and happen to come across this.
Has been fix. as of 8/5/09

I know of more even more minor bugs but i need to do more testing to tell it really is a bug or something i made up in my head and thought happen.

GaZ

No. 3 happens to me a lot not just when you're walking, the most annoying time is when 'a' doesn't react when jumping across the clouds, but also in pvp, you get to know when to use your weps (cool-down time) I hit the 's' key and nothing happens.
I've always put it down to lag, haven't a clue if that's correct I just live... or should I say in certain circumstances die with it.

lol Art, you may have spell check running, but that is all it will do.... check the spelling.

Your subject title should read 'Very minor bugs' yes vary is correct in its spelling but not the right word.

Quoteyou keep still moving back word after hitting a wall.
again back and word are both spelt correctly but the word should read 'backwards'.

That's just two I won't go into the rest, all I'm saying is do not put all your trust into spell check ;)

yottabyte

I think #4 is fun to use  :D

Hold a key, left for example, and change to another program like firefox or paint or w/e. Open stick Online and you're still walking until you press that key again (left). This is the same in many GM games.  :P

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

krele

1. Made on purpose, I think.
2. Can be done with gm functions, or if that doesn't work, making a batch file would do the job.
3. ...No idea, never happened to me...
4. No comment...

@yottabyte:
4?... Anyways, I know what you meant. That happens because GM doesn't clear IO when the window is not in focus. Mark said he'll fix in in GM8.

ArtGames

Quote from: GaZ on August 05, 2009, 03:05:28 AM
No. 3 happens to me a lot not just when you're walking, the most annoying time is when 'a' doesn't react when jumping across the clouds, but also in pvp, you get to know when to use your weps (cool-down time) I hit the 's' key and nothing happens.
I've always put it down to lag, haven't a clue if that's correct I just live... or should I say in certain circumstances die with it.

lol Art, you may have spell check running, but that is all it will do.... check the spelling.

Your subject title should read 'Very minor bugs' yes vary is correct in its spelling but not the right word.

Quoteyou keep still moving back word after hitting a wall.
again back and word are both spelt correctly but the word should read 'backwards'.

That's just two I won't go into the rest, all I'm saying is do not put all your trust into spell check ;)

Ok ill change it. I need to install word for grammar check. I don't know my Homophones. (i think they how they are spelled and called) And i wish i could rite without relying on spell check. :(

@yottabyte
#4 was a spelling error. 0_o Any way i asked Meiun about that and he said that he really does not care. Also i use windows logo. I think that works better than switching to another program. 

@krele
Well i cant say anything to you but i agree.

Forum

3. comes in handy for moving.  8)
Officially quitted

Lingus

Let me clarify on #3 to everyone. It's nothing Art wrote incorrectly. He explained it very well. But it seems people are misinterpretting what he wrote for some reason.

It has nothing to do with the alt+tab continuing to move thing.

What Art wrote is exactly what is happening. Every so often when you go to walk or something else it will not take the input and you will have to release the key and press it again. It's a very intermittent issue (meaning it doesn't happen all the time and it's very hard to recreate). It's possible this has something to do with the whole packet loss or w/e issue Meiun said to explain why I was lagging. I don't know. I have no idea how that stuff works. It's a weird issue though, and it's something that has come up more recently which leads me to think that it is related with the lagging/packet loss that I was also experiencing.

Meiun

Quote from: Lingus on August 07, 2009, 03:49:52 AM
Let me clarify on #3 to everyone. It's nothing Art wrote incorrectly. He explained it very well. But it seems people are misinterpretting what he wrote for some reason.

It has nothing to do with the alt+tab continuing to move thing.

What Art wrote is exactly what is happening. Every so often when you go to walk or something else it will not take the input and you will have to release the key and press it again. It's a very intermittent issue (meaning it doesn't happen all the time and it's very hard to recreate). It's possible this has something to do with the whole packet loss or w/e issue Meiun said to explain why I was lagging. I don't know. I have no idea how that stuff works. It's a weird issue though, and it's something that has come up more recently which leads me to think that it is related with the lagging/packet loss that I was also experiencing.
Couldn't have anything to do with packet loss or lag. Only real practical possibility that could be considered a "bug" (as far as I can see) would probably be with GM.

Aqua

This is in every GM game- and would probably require a DLL checking global (outside of game) keypresses to fix this (other than a different movement system, which would up everyone's ping by 10x). This bug is caused by GM not detecting keystrokes outside of the game, particularly key releases- can happen in many ways. Example: Pressing < and a pop up appeared- O.S. focus changed, and key-release events are skipped. Thus, the character does not stop moving.
~Aqua

yottabyte

Quote from: Aqua on August 07, 2009, 02:52:01 PM
This is in every GM game- and would probably require a DLL checking global (outside of game) keypresses to fix this (other than a different movement system, which would up everyone's ping by 10x). This bug is caused by GM not detecting keystrokes outside of the game, particularly key releases- can happen in many ways. Example: Pressing < and a pop up appeared- O.S. focus changed, and key-release events are skipped. Thus, the character does not stop moving.
~Aqua

You know a lot of complicated words, don't ya?  :D
Lol just kidding...

._.

I get what you're saying.

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

krele

Quote from: Aqua on August 07, 2009, 02:52:01 PM
~Aqua
Could be synchronization fault more than everything in my book... It depends wether Meiun uses synchronization of a window, to remove tearing in 2 different frames. Has nothing to do with keypresses, they work fine. Made a quick tool to see, it produced 1000 "A" keystrokes with a keyboard simulation dll, and GM had all of them... Again, I explained it, GM doesn't clear IO data when the window is not in the focus... Sheesh, I'll quote mark here:
Quote■When the game window looses focus, io events like key presses are now cleared.
Plus, IO bug is not what Art meant. So that's out of the subject. Even when I debug any gm game (not with game maker debug window, ollydbg) it shows IO as fresh as it was at last time I pressed a key... Sucks, but it's gonna be fixed in GM8...

Meiun

Quote from: krele on August 07, 2009, 08:04:36 PM
Could be synchronization fault more than everything in my book... It depends wether Meiun uses synchronization of a window, to remove tearing in 2 different frames.
I don't.

Lingus

Aqua, did you not read what I wrote? It has nothing to do with the game window losing focus. The issue we are talking about doesn't happen when the game window loses focus. It happens in the middle of playing the game normally. Every so often some of your key presses won't be recognized.

In any case, Meiun responded and that's all that really matters. Though I do find it odd that I have only noticed this bug very recently.