News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

loading promblems!

Started by king, April 19, 2011, 10:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

king

sly 3 4 me

Not quite sure what it means by directory, but have you tried re downloading the game with the link given to you? Try to place the folder containing StickOnline somewhere else. The other reasoning I could think of is that the directory located in the registry is somehow corrupt and it is pointing to an incorrect path for StickOnline. Try the first option I mentioned about re downloading the game though, as it is the safest.

Meiun

Are you trying to run it without extracting it from the zip file? Or do you for any other reason not have the proper security/account privelages to let the program copy or launch the program on its own? Basically this happens when the update fails because it cant copy in or find the newly downloaded update files to replace the old ones.

king

Quote from: Meiun on April 19, 2011, 11:28:51 PM
Are you trying to run it without extracting it from the zip file? Or do you for any other reason not have the proper security/account privelages to let the program copy or launch the program on its own? Basically this happens when the update fails because it cant copy in or find the newly downloaded update files to replace the old ones.

so what should i do?

Meiun

Make sure that you have fully extracted the game and all its associated files OUT of the .zip archive it came bundled in. Then also make sure you have administrative privelages on whatever account you are logged into on your computer. Those are the first things I'd check at least.

king

Quote from: Meiun on April 20, 2011, 06:07:05 PM
Make sure that you have fully extracted the game and all its associated files OUT of the .zip archive it came bundled in. Then also make sure you have administrative privelages on whatever account you are logged into on your computer. Those are the first things I'd check at least.
Okay I will get my friend to do that. (I have know idea what your talking about) My friend is smart with computer and stuff like that.

king

my friend said it was coruptided
can u email me meiun with the download again?

Meiun

If it were corrupt you likely wouldn't have even been able to run it at all, but I will email you the link either way. Since it is a problem with retrieving the latest updates, manually downloading the latest version from the link I send you should resolve it.

king

Quote from: Meiun on April 20, 2011, 07:15:08 PM
If it were corrupt you likely wouldn't have even been able to run it at all, but I will email you the link either way. Since it is a problem with retrieving the latest updates, manually downloading the latest version from the link I send you should resolve it.
ok thank you I will make another post saying if it works or not.

EDIT-didn't work. it started when the easter event started

sly 3 4 me

I'd message you the link with only the client itself, but I'd be forced to upload it somewhere, which is in many different ways not allowed. I believe it would not do this even if the files were not extracted. I believe it's the problem I mentioned in the beginning. I don't believe it is this; but you're running the game from having it saved on the computer itself, right, and not a flashdrive or external hard disk? It should not cause this problem, but if you are restricted from administrative rights it could be a reasoning for it to happen.

king

Quote from: sly 3 4 me on April 20, 2011, 07:52:15 PM
I'd message you the link with only the client itself, but I'd be forced to upload it somewhere, which is in many different ways not allowed. I believe it would not do this even if the files were not extracted. I believe it's the problem I mentioned in the beginning. I don't believe it is this; but you're running the game from having it saved on the computer itself, right, and not a flashdrive or external hard disk? It should not cause this problem, but if you are restricted from administrative rights it could be a reasoning for it to happen.
I tried redownloading it ..it didn't work.

Josh

I have somewhat the same error but it just says that failed to retrieve recent updates or something along those lines. Just happened today. Ive re-downloaded, extracted and ran as administrator.

Meiun

Quote from: Josh on April 22, 2011, 07:13:11 PM
I have somewhat the same error but it just says that failed to retrieve recent updates or something along those lines. Just happened today. Ive re-downloaded, extracted and ran as administrator.
Sounds like your game client for whatever reason is unable to communicate with the update server. Make sure you don't have a firewall or any other security programs blocking the program.

king

what should I do? it still won't let me play SO

king

sorry for double posting..but oh well..anyway I think i got it farther along.but still another promblem.

please help,
king