News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

loading promblems!

Started by king, April 19, 2011, 10:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celson

Quote from: king on April 23, 2011, 10:59:12 AM
sorry for double posting..but oh well..anyway I think i got it farther along.but still another promblem.

please help,
king

You got that error because you ran StickOnline_(2).exe

I just did the exact same thing and got the same error. Run the game with it's normal name.

thekolla

The problem is what celson said, i also made a copy of my StickOnline and got the same error.

Meiun

Thats because you are running a copy of it that has the wrong file name. The program has to have the name StickOnline.exe, not StickOnline (2).exe

king

Quote from: Meiun on April 23, 2011, 12:03:41 PM
Thats because you are running a copy of it that has the wrong file name. The program has to have the name StickOnline.exe, not StickOnline (2).exe
okay I did and its loading..waiting...waiting...

EDIT:okay i changed the name and it then loaded and then i reclicked it and it went back to the first promblem

Meiun

Did anything change about your computer recently, particularly security wise? Did you install any new antivirus or other security software, or change any settings for the ones you have? My best guess is that something (either an account level privileged restriction, or security program probably) is not allowing the program the access it needs to finish or properly perform/check the updates.

king

yea about a month back or so my dad installed an antivirus system thing on my computer

Meiun

Quote from: king on April 23, 2011, 05:57:23 PM
yea about a month back or so my dad installed an antivirus system thing on my computer

I'd imagine there is a good chance that has something to do with it. I would try temporarily disabling it if you can, and at least see if that helps. If so, you could probably make a program exception for the antivirus for Stick Online so it doesn't interfere.

king

Quote from: Meiun on April 23, 2011, 08:11:30 PM
Quote from: king on April 23, 2011, 05:57:23 PM

I'd imagine there is a good chance that has something to do with it. I would try temporarily disabling it if you can, and at least see if that helps. If so, you could probably make a program exception for the antivirus for Stick Online so it doesn't interfere.
I think I can get ether my brother, a friend, dad, or even a tect person to allow the antivirus thing to use SO on my comp. :)

king

This is King's Tech Support (a.k.a. Dad).  Turned off the antivirus and firewall.  Removed the extracted files and re-extracted from the zip into a new directory.  Game still does what was stated in previous posts to this thread.

Opened the txt file titled game_errors.txt.  It contains the following message.

ERROR in
action number 1
of  Step Event
for object z1l6m___3__pix100cxt9__9MoMA:

Cannot execute C:\Users\Coleson\AppData\Local\Temp\Updater.bat

Meiun

Updater.bat is the file that is generated and used to copy the newly updated versions of the game files from their temporary download location to replace the outdated versions after they are done downloading. It appears that for some reason, the computer is not able to run that final step. Although another thing that I am a bit curious about as well, is (assuming the latest version of the game is already on the computer, as was implied in earlier posts) why it would think it needs to be updated to begin with. The only thing I can really think of is that there are still some sort of permission issues going on in regards to the program being able to download and copy in the update files. I've honestly never heard of anyone having this much issue with updating before, despite the numerous thousands of people that have played.

EDIT: I just realized that the .zip file download for the game did not include the latest game client like it normally does, which is why the game would have to update when you first downloaded it. I just now updated it to include the latest files, so if you download the latest version of it from the download link I have provided via email whenever there is a new update, it should essentially serve as a workaround for the problem for the time being. This doesn't exactly solve the problem you are having with the updater itself, but should continue to work as long as you just re-downloads it manually whenever an update comes out. Either way, give it a try and let me know if you can play.

king

Quote from: Meiun on April 24, 2011, 04:31:12 PM
Updater.bat is the file that is generated and used to copy the newly updated versions of the game files from their temporary download location to replace the outdated versions after they are done downloading. It appears that for some reason, the computer is not able to run that final step. Although another thing that I am a bit curious about as well, is (assuming the latest version of the game is already on the computer, as was implied in earlier posts) why it would think it needs to be updated to begin with. The only thing I can really think of is that there are still some sort of permission issues going on in regards to the program being able to download and copy in the update files. I've honestly never heard of anyone having this much issue with updating before, despite the numerous thousands of people that have played.

EDIT: I just realized that the .zip file download for the game did not include the latest game client like it normally does, which is why the game would have to update when you first downloaded it. I just now updated it to include the latest files, so if you download the latest version of it from the download link I have provided via email whenever there is a new update, it should essentially serve as a workaround for the problem for the time being. This doesn't exactly solve the problem you are having with the updater itself, but should continue to work as long as you just re-downloads it manually whenever an update comes out. Either way, give it a try and let me know if you can play.

I CAN PLAY AGAIN! thank you! I will still beable to get some bunnys :) and eggs