News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Purple squares

Started by sly 3 4 me, April 24, 2011, 12:23:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sly 3 4 me

Not quite sure as to what I managed to change, but this somehow occurred. This is an image of the game from the virtual machine I am currently running. That's a view of the temple. The blocks are players and monsters. I tried reinstalling the entire virtual machine twice and it was still like this after each time, so I have no idea why. The start up screen was like this too. The grey box which is about to appear is the saving failed and disconnected.

The driver for the video is the generic one which can only be used for the virtual machine, it is not the problem. I am running it in 32 bit color. Everything should be updated. Full acceleration on drawing and hardware is enabled.

Meiun

I really wouldn't consider this an issue with the game, as it was never intended to be run on a virtual machine. Virtual machines are not typically designed to run games, particularly those that use things like directx, or any other non trivial graphics processing. In all honesty, if it doesn't work with everything up to date and set as it should be, I would be somewhat skeptical as to whether there is much you could do to get it to work at all on vmware.

sly 3 4 me

Well, it would be something which I'd consider in actuality, yet it has worked for around a week before this happened. If it didn't work to begin with I wouldn't have posted it. Should have mentioned that note before probably.

I believe it'd be quicker for me to apply some work arounds to the situation rather than attempting to fix it, so I'll be trying that in the meantime.

I fixed the problem. Locking the topic because I don't believe this type of problem has anything to do with Stick Online, yet perhaps in the graphics as Meiun mentioned. No need to post how I fixed it.