News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Terraria (1.2 is out!)

Started by 11clock, May 03, 2011, 10:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotty

boobs.servebeer.com for anyone who's interested in a semi-temp server.  IP address (since the game can't resolve hostnames) is currently 76.21.163.113, but that's liable to change in the future.  If it does, ping it and it'll resolve the IP for you.

Snakeman

Quote from: darkflash on May 17, 2011, 06:37:30 PM
ok so how do you get through corrupt ground anyone?

There are three ways, from the most expensive/easiest to the least expensive/hardest.

Most expensive/easiest: Buy some dynamite and blow that shit up.
Balanced out: Defeat a boss enemy (The eye, world eater, or skeletron) and buy some purification powder from the Dryad for 50 copper. When you use it on Ebonstone (The corrupted stone), it (as well as any corrupted blocks around it for about a bomb explosion's area) will turn into regular stone, and then you can mine through it.
Least expensive/hardest: Forge a nightmare pickaxe (Made from boss drops) or a molten pickaxe (Made from underworld materials) and it will break like regular stone.

I would suggest first going for the "Balanced out" way, and then the "Least expensive/hardest" way when you've gathered more supplies.

Speaking of underworld, it's profitable as hell if you're a good dodger! The molten armor pieces give around 9-10 defence apiece, and if you wear the full set, it adds another 10 defence as a set bonus! I am DEFINATELY sporting this when I take on bosses from now on. ;D

darkflash

I toally need help with eveything in the lava world I just cant pass it D: And how exactly do I buy dynamite?

Snakeman

Quote from: darkflash on May 17, 2011, 08:37:23 PM
I toally need help with eveything in the lava world I just cant pass it D: And how exactly do I buy dynamite?

Get a demolitions man to move in. He sells grenades, bombs, and dynamite. I'm pretty sure he moves in when you have a vacant house and find a bomb (which is DAMN easy considering it drops commonly from pots)

11clock

Yeah, I already found some bombs and I'm not that far.

I keep hearing weird sound in some places. It sounds like a combination of water splashing and someone munching on cookies. I'm kind of worried.

Snakeman

Quote from: 11clock on May 17, 2011, 10:11:46 PM
Yeah, I already found some bombs and I'm not that far.

I keep hearing weird sound in some places. It sounds like a combination of water splashing and someone munching on cookies. I'm kind of worried.

The only things that are underground on a generally shallow basis are Mother Slimes, Black Slimes, and Skeletons. Nothing too terrible, but they are stronger than your run-of-the-mill surface enemies. The splashing water is them flopping around in any body of water near you.

As for I, just assembled the full Molten Armor set, and now am rocking massive defense. I did two Cthulhu Eye runs in one night, and it was during a Blood Moon too, so it was !@#$ing hectic. Severed limbs and eyeball halves everywhere. All the loot from it is quite a nice sight though. I need to start looking into smashing all the shadow orbs in my world and get some meteors to drop so I can put together the Meteor Armor set and get the mother!@#$ing SPACEGUN :D

darkflash

Snakeman

Quote from: EpicPhailure on May 17, 2011, 11:08:35 PM
Quote from: darkflash on May 17, 2011, 11:05:19 PM
how do you get a merchant?

http://terraria.wikia.com/wiki/Terraria_Wiki

Pretty much this. The wiki has supplied me with so much vital info.

Also, be more than prepared for a boss fight when you smash a shadow orb! I learned that the hard way. The World Eater slapped me silly but I was able to take him out once he tried to storm my spawn and all my NPCs. Now I got the whole Shadow Armor set, whoop.

Ceroblitz

The only thing i'm really having trouble with is finding the underground jungle..

Destroyed about 8 corruption orbs, but cant find a freaking underground jungle.

Snakeman

Quote from: Ceroblitz on May 17, 2011, 11:41:14 PM
The only thing i'm really having trouble with is finding the underground jungle..

Destroyed about 8 corruption orbs, but cant find a freaking underground jungle.

It's kinda deep, and going straight down won't land you in one. They're just kinda scattered throughout the middlemost portion of the map. Let me run to one on my map and drop you the depth.

Edit: One I found was around 700 ft below. Again, this didn't sprawl through the entire map at that level, it was just a chunk of it.

Edit 2: Since map size seems to have an impact on depth, I'm playing on a Small map.

igufed

Finally ran into lava at ~1900 below.  Nice sapphire there, too. :)

Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0

Snakeman

Welp, destroyed Skeletron and got into my world's dungeon... hard to loot everything in there because the !@#$ing Dark Casters APPEAR EVERY FIVE SECONDS AND SPAM YOU TO DEATH WITH WALLTHROUGH MAGIC.

But I did find the Muramasa. :D

Magebolt

Snakeman, i swear you must be no life-ing this game or your just uber leet at it-__-
http://teno.boards.net/

Just started a 2D Platformer MMORPG with Killer Loader called " The Endless Night Online"

11clock

I haven't even got my first heart upgrade yet. o.o