News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Gear Specific Achievements

Started by Jmac, June 26, 2011, 08:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmac

I was thinking about this on the way back from vacation. What if there were achievements that you unlocked by using specific gear in PvP, (and winning) in the form of stat-boosting medals(?) that are shown below your name. For example, say one medal is unlocked by winning a fight using the tree branch and no hat 5 times and it gives you a bonus of 3 defense. This would increase the reason to PvP and it would give the higher levels something to do when they're not item hunting. This would also provide more variety in PvP weapons, i.e. not just the higher tier weapons. I have thought about how the system could be abused, and so I made some limitations:

-Fights must be vs. an equal or greater level player.

-To prevent "boosting", the loser loses 1 of their higher ranked challenge wins.(if they are 1/2 for the hardest challenge ever, they go back to 0). This would also increase the competitive aspect of PvP.

-To prevent interference (other people hitting), PvP could somehow have different stages in v3. Those who have played Terraria will know what I mean: There could be a PvP mode that allows you to hit and be hit by everyone in this PvP mode (for free-for-alls). Another mode could be a 1 vs. 1 mode where you start PvP by hitting them with a specific skill (providing that skills will be in v3) that does no damage, but brings up a sentence on the chat box saying: "Blank has challenged you to PvP" and you would have to use that skill on them and PvP would be initiated. This mode would be disabled on death to prevent spawn killing.

So that's my idea guys, thanks for reading even though it's not entirely clear. I realize that this most likely won't be implemented into v3, but I just wanted to see what you guys thoughts would be on it. Any questions, comments or anything would be appreciated.

Mystery

I like the idea, but I don't like the reward concepts. I don't see why it can't just be a case of solely 'achieving', for completion.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Jmac

Because if you didn't provide any compensation for completion, most people would see no point in trying.

Mystery

Quote from: Jmacrules on June 26, 2011, 08:32:46 PM
Because if you didn't provide any compensation for completion, most people would see no point in trying.
Well, the medals below your name idea(seeing as you said a medal for each accomplishment) wouldn't work if there were lots of achievements. Too little space. The stat boost idea I can see easily being abused by players utilizing alternate accounts(and/or asking friends to boost with them on accounts that they don't use for PVP), and if there IS a way to break the system, I can guarantee you people WILL break it to get the reward without the effort.

If there was some sort of 'search player' feature in v3, that showed everything about an account and had achievements on the front page, I think that could be used as some sort of validation of skill/bragging rights/whatever.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Lingus

Quote from: Jmacrules on June 26, 2011, 08:32:46 PM
That is the entire point of an achievement system.