News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Need scripter and artist

Started by WereWaffle, July 20, 2011, 07:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WereWaffle

I'm making a game in game maker and I need an good artist who Is good at making Monsters, Animations, And other things.
Secondly I need a scripter who can script good in GML.
It's an RPG stick game just like stick online.
I can't get anyone to it on the Game Maker forums and I know there are some good artists on these forums
so I came here. =P

Cactuscat222

I don't think advertising for teams and such is allowed on these forums. Might have to look elsewhere!

P.S. What do you plan on doing to make the game? You're asking for a programmer and an artist, so do you intend on just being the vision and direction for the game?

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Scotty

Check: http://www.stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=319.0

QuoteThis section is meant for the discussion of video games other than Stick Online. However, this section is not meant for the advertisement and or promotion of your own (or friends) games and or personal projects. In other words, please be sure you are posting about games as a fan, not a developer or promotor. As a general rule of thumb, if the game is developed by an active member of this community, you probably shouldn't post it. Topics that do not follow these standards may be either closed or removed.

DarkTrinity

Quote from: WereWaffle on July 20, 2011, 07:09:40 PM
I'm making a game in game maker and I need an good artist who Is good at making Monsters, Animations, And other things.
Secondly I need a scripter who can script good in GML.
It's an RPG stick game just like stick online.
I can't get anyone to it on the Game Maker forums and I know there are some good artists on these forums
so I came here. =P

Besides what Scotty and Cactus already said, your description has some.... issues...
There's a million different kind of monsters, as an artist, id be more interested in what kind of monsters, what the game would be like(and telling me it's just like stick online doesn't do much for you, we already have a stick online, make something new). How much detail you want in the monsters, and more specific on the "and other things" part. Not a good way to commission an artist. Give people a reason to want to work on your game, otherwise you just sound like every other 1,000 people who ask for artists/scripters.
Also, "I can't get anyone to it on the Game Maker forums" isn't a good advertisement for you. As I recall, GM forums has a good deal more members than this one.
Lastly, you're not the first one who has tried recruiting animators/scriptors/programmers from this forum... And everyone has gotten their topic locked.
Good luck on finding help though, hope your vision comes to light eventually.

Danimal

Refer to the above posts. Sorry to say, you'll have to look elsewhere, topic locked.