News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

@owner of this Project

Started by Gatupojk, August 14, 2009, 06:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EpicPhailure

flashmaniac

I make money on the rare occasion where I get casted for a show... :P
Still have to get around to donating...

Mystery

@sillyyank69: No. Some people can't donate to play on the donor server. Whether they don't have the money or their parents won't let them. (I'm ABLE to right now, just haven't gotten around to doing it quite yet.  ;) ) So, essentially you'd be screwing those people out of what they've been waiting for. And Meiun said it himself:

Quote from: Meiun on August 18, 2009, 12:33:14 AMTo help make up any differences we encounter, I may do some sort of in-game rewards to those who donate significant amounts. However, I can promise you that none of these rewards will in any way give players any sort of unfair advantages. The goal of any such item/reward would just be to give donors something cool, not something "powerful." I also agree that many free games take the whole cash system too far, so you can rest assured that we won't be offering any ways for players to "buy their way to victory" in Stick Online.

This should be enough to cover it all.

EDIT: And paying ANY amount of money yearly/monthly for a game/online service can get quite annoying, which is why several people don't play those games requiring it.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Lingus

Quote from: Mystery on September 07, 2009, 06:27:07 PM
EDIT: And paying ANY amount of money yearly/monthly for a game/online service can get quite annoying, which is why several people don't play those games requiring it.
Agreed. I'm in that boat. It's hard to pay for something regularly that I don't plan on playing regularly. I want to be able to play a game for a bit, then stop for a while, then play again, and not worry that I'm throwing money away while I'm not playing it. I feel obligated to play more because I'm paying, which is just bad for me because then I play the game way too much. At this point I don't play those games because I don't have enough will power not to play them all day long.

Cactuscat222

Well if you read what sillyyank was saying, he said should the need ever arise that not enough money is in - which could happen (it almost happened a couple times, to my understanding, but at the last second Jesus or whatever stepped in with like $200) - then a small yearly fee could be applied.

Obviously everyone wants it free, and its going to be.

@Lingus: I've always found that peculiar - if you know you have a 'willpower' problem, it should be incredibly easy to fix; especially if you know you have one.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Mr Pwnage

I am not all for games that require monthly/yearly subscriptions either. I'd much rather pay a larger one-time fee and not have to worry about throwing my money away. Lingus couldn't have worded it better for my situation aswell...when I play those games I feel I NEED to play so I am not wasting my money...and that isn't a good feeling. I don't see why Stick Online, or how Stick Online could ever resort to this as it already has a community with almost all players willing to donate for it....or if they can't they want to and usually don't have the ability...just my observation.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Lingus

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on September 07, 2009, 09:58:02 PM
@Lingus: I've always found that peculiar - if you know you have a 'willpower' problem, it should be incredibly easy to fix; especially if you know you have one.
Yea, I did fix it. I stopped paying for those games and now I can't play those games. That's the thing about addiction, you can either handle being around what you're addicted to or you can't. If you can't, at least have the sense to remove yourself from it.

Cactuscat222

Aye best way; and I realized I said that weird. I meant, in my personal opinion, its weird how you can recognize you have a problem, but many people, even after recognizing either do nothing about it, or can't.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here