News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

GTA V Announced (finally)

Started by Jake, October 25, 2011, 11:32:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake

I knew they had to be announcing it soon. It's been three years since the release of GTA IV and it's time for some more sandbox awesomeness.
http://games.ign.com/articles/121/1210615p1.html

Features I think they'll be adding:
-More refined euphoria. Animation will be taken to the next level.
-Tighter controls. lets face it, GTA IV was a little bit wonky when it came to running around. I have no doubt this will be tightened like it was in Red Dead Redemption.
-Better graphics. This one is obvious. it's been three years
-planes. People cried out for them in GTA IV and I'm sure Rockstar was listening.
-Much, much more

GTA V here we come!

stick d00d

Sweet, can't wait to see where it will take place. Judging by the way it went from Liberty City to Vice City, I'm guessing thats where it might be. Thanks for posting.  ;)

Beastmode

OMG CANT WAIT FOR THIS GAME TO FINALLY COME OUT.....THANK GOD

stick d00d

Whats funny is I was just thinking about GTA 5 the other day and googling to see if there was any info on it yet lol.

ARTgames

Saw the news this morning. Been watching the news like a hawk.
http://www.examiner.com/game-industry-in-national/rockstar-confirms-gta-v-trailer-coming-11-02
"Rockstar confirms GTA V; trailer coming 11/02"

Jake

ARTgames

Freeforall

I hope they wait until a new console comes out to release thing. GTA4 was already a little too laggy on the PS3 for my taste, and if the graphics are even better, then the PS3 will probably lag even more. I think.

Scotty

Quote from: Freeforall on November 02, 2011, 05:55:16 PM
I hope they wait until a new console comes out to release thing. GTA4 was already a little too laggy on the PS3 for my taste, and if the graphics are even better, then the PS3 will probably lag even more. I think.

With the PS and XBox years away from a new console, it ain't likely.

Freeforall

Quote from: Scotty on November 02, 2011, 05:56:53 PM

With the PS and XBox years away from a new console, it ain't likely.
Don't get me wrong though, I really love the GTA games. Maybe I should just switch to PC instead of PS3?

ARTgames

GTA IV really was a Xbox 360 game moved to other platforms. And it did indeed run a bit slower on the PS3 than it did Xbox at a lower resolution also. But it also was not  a speed demon on the Xbox 360.

The GTA port to pc was meh and had many bugs and performance problems. On ATI cards the game was sometimes unplayable when it first came out. And there was no AA and still there is no AA from what I have seen. But I still think that game has some of the best graphics ever for environment lighting and car models and effects.

L.A. Noire is coming out on PC 8 November 2011 using the Rockstar Advanced Game Engine (RAGE) that Rockstare uses for there games. I would see how well that runs on pc's of today. If it runs good its most likely GTAV will also.

Freeforall

I didn't know ATI cards had that much trouble with it.

Would 2 ATI Radeon HD 4200's be able to play it? With 3 Gigs of ram?

ARTgames

I can't honestly say. For the most part gta iv works find with AMD cards now. But when the game comes out i'm sure they will benchmark it on everything. The 3 gigs of ram should be just fine.

stick d00d

Took me a while to find the topic.

New screenshots from GTA 5 released about 7 hours ago at time of this post.

Here's the article: http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/37991/transport.html

More screenshots to come later this week   :)
Sooo can't wait.