News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by Josh, December 12, 2011, 10:11:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cactuscat222

Quote from: Chaos111 on June 08, 2012, 06:31:21 AM
Whenever I play I constantly get the worst teams ever, they feed massively, bitch about everything, defend badly, and then blame me because I'm doing the best and can't help because they fail so much.

It's funny - everyone always says this. :P

I started playing again (DotA 2 will still always have my love <3)... gotta dust off that ol' King Rammus skin. Though lately I've been having too much fun with Darius, who is just a dick.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

EpicPhailure

On a sidenote, if you guys follow the competitive scene, MLG Anaheim's LoL stream is live:

http://www.twitch.tv/mlglol

Kiegruen

Quote from: EpicPhailure on June 09, 2012, 02:15:49 PM
On a sidenote, if you guys follow the competitive scene, MLG Anaheim's LoL stream is live:

http://www.twitch.tv/mlglol

Yeah man I've been watching all day/yesterday. TSM just barely beat out CLG.EU; that last game was great.

~~~~~~~~~~~~Kie~~~~~~~~~~~~
AKA That One Bro

krele

MoscowFive [M5] is gonna dominate everyone on the scene, it's so obvious, but most of Americans are ignorantly bitching about how good TSM is. The point is, they're not, they're just not that good anymore which is something you should get over. Even guys from Dignitas without Voyboy are a better team. Chaox and Reginald are forced to carry 3 braindead players.

I also dislike those cocky Korean players that always bitch about how good they are, yet not even one of their teams can be called top-tier team.

What are your opinions on Fnatic, now that Shushei has been kicked out of the team?

EpicPhailure

Quote from: krele on June 09, 2012, 09:16:31 PM
MoscowFive [M5] is gonna dominate everyone on the scene, it's so obvious, but most of Americans are ignorantly bitching about how good TSM is. The point is, they're not, they're just not that good anymore which is something you should get over. Even guys from Dignitas without Voyboy are a better team. Chaox and Reginald are forced to carry 3 braindead players.

I also dislike those cocky Korean players that always bitch about how good they are, yet not even one of their teams can be called top-tier team.

What are your opinions on Fnatic, now that Shushei has been kicked out of the team?

I feel like M5 has already fallen out of influence. They're constantly being beaten by CLG.eu, who are probably the best team in Europe at the moment.

Asian teams can never play with the rest of the world because the Asian servers are a patch behind.

Shushei was in a long slump, and Fnatic needed to get rid of him before MLG Anaheim if they wanted to make best use of Lamia and Extinct. So far, the substitution for their support seems to be doing decent, and their new top laner can hold his own.

Lucifer

By the way if anyone is interested in trying out Twisted Fate, I put the builds I use up on Mobafire. I mainly use the first AP build, the second only if I've farmed very well. The only truly "core" items are Sorc Boots -> Rabaddons Deathcap -> Lich Bane, everything else depends on the match. Haven't written a guide yet, dunno if I will, there's plenty of decent guides out there already.

Anything else I've put on there isn't entirely finished.

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/twisted-fate-186079?revision

Kiegruen

Woah Krele, I think you've got the wrong idea about TSM.

They are a great team and have dominated every team so far, 2-0ing many teams and 2-1ing teams like CLG NA, as well as CLG EU, who has beaten out M5 as of late. Chaox and Reginald don't carry the whole team... OddOne is one of the best junglers in the competitive scene and Xpecial has great mechanics even if he is only support. Dyrus holds his own in top lane, playing a deadly Vlad with Regi as Kennen in their double AP comp. Dyrus, Chaox, and OddOne have really been the most commited on the team but the team overall is still very consistent as a whole. They have won the last 3 NA competitions they played in, and may win GESL this weekend. They are definitely a strong team and have only become stronger with the addition of Dyrus. Just throwing that out there as one who has really supported CLG and Dig in the past and has watched TSM really grow as a team in the last few months. All the teams are really great though, but TSM shines through with their ability to communicate effectively and it's really just their team's synergy that wins them so many games. Don't try to tell me otherwise either-- I watch all the pro's streams/scrims as well as almost every match of all professional tournaments and am a proud supporter of the competitive LoL scene as a whole.

EDIT: As of just now TSM just took 1st at GESL against CLG.B in the finals. Great overall tournament and TSM only lost one game during the whole tournament. Great play by TSM definitely, they are nearly unbeatable.

AKA That One Bro

krele

Quote from: Kiegruen on June 17, 2012, 02:53:39 PM

Woah Krele, I think you've got the wrong idea about TSM.

They are a great team and have dominated every team so far, 2-0ing many teams and 2-1ing teams like CLG NA, as well as CLG EU, who has beaten out M5 as of late. Chaox and Reginald don't carry the whole team... OddOne is one of the best junglers in the competitive scene and Xpecial has great mechanics even if he is only support. Dyrus holds his own in top lane, playing a deadly Vlad with Regi as Kennen in their double AP comp. Dyrus, Chaox, and OddOne have really been the most commited on the team but the team overall is still very consistent as a whole. They have won the last 3 NA competitions they played in, and may win GESL this weekend. They are definitely a strong team and have only become stronger with the addition of Dyrus. Just throwing that out there as one who has really supported CLG and Dig in the past and has watched TSM really grow as a team in the last few months. All the teams are really great though, but TSM shines through with their ability to communicate effectively and it's really just their team's synergy that wins them so many games. Don't try to tell me otherwise either-- I watch all the pro's streams/scrims as well as almost every match of all professional tournaments and am a proud supporter of the competitive LoL scene as a whole.

EDIT: As of just now TSM just took 1st at GESL against CLG.B in the finals. Great overall tournament and TSM only lost one game during the whole tournament. Great play by TSM definitely, they are nearly unbeatable.
They are far too overrated IMO. 80% of the competitive scene doesn't even like their games. Always the same teams, always boring, always slow. CLG.eu and M5 are currently the only teams that make the competitive LoL interesting.

Lucifer

http://i.imgur.com/WdtGf.jpg

I've finally gotten 0CS Karma Support down. The trick is maxing her E (Soul Shield) first, which as it turns out is actually much more mana efficient than her Q (Heavenly Wave) when used correctly. As a percentile based heal her Q is outshined earlygame by the sustainability of champions like Soraka and Sona, but provides just as much if not more lategame healing for the entire team. I actually max Q last, instead prefering her W (Spirit Bond) which when combined with her shield allows your ad carry to abuse like no tomorrow.

But of course I've yet to try her in higher level and/or ranked games and I'm sure there's a reason why she isn't used there, I just enjoy knowing that it's possible.

Kiegruen

Quote from: krele on June 18, 2012, 07:28:20 PM
Quote from: Kiegruen on June 17, 2012, 02:53:39 PM
They are far too overrated IMO. 80% of the competitive scene doesn't even like their games. Always the same teams, always boring, always slow. CLG.eu and M5 are currently the only teams that make the competitive LoL interesting.

I'll take that, the LoL scene is pretty stagnant and nondynamic and CLG.EU as well as M5 have made it interesting. I do agree that TSM is overrated but I've been following them since the beginning. I think they need to use their great synergy and team mindset to pioneer genuinely new strategies and get everyone out of the mindset of the current meta because it's really restricting the creativity and ingenuity of the scene. I know Chauster of CLG Prime has talked about how the current meta can be countered and such but no one has really tried anything in competitive play.

Quote from: Lucifer on June 19, 2012, 05:15:38 AM

I've finally gotten 0CS Karma Support down. The trick is maxing her E (Soul Shield) first, which as it turns out is actually much more mana efficient than her Q (Heavenly Wave) when used correctly. As a percentile based heal her Q is outshined earlygame by the sustainability of champions like Soraka and Sona, but provides just as much if not more lategame healing for the entire team. I actually max Q last, instead prefering her W (Spirit Bond) which when combined with her shield allows your ad carry to abuse like no tomorrow.

But of course I've yet to try her in higher level and/or ranked games and I'm sure there's a reason why she isn't used there, I just enjoy knowing that it's possible.

Sounds like you've got it figure out, Luci. I think I'll try it sometime.

AKA That One Bro

T-Rok

Quote from: Lucifer on June 19, 2012, 05:15:38 AM

Ooh, I must try this. I have now have a reason to try Karma.

Lucifer

Here's my builds for her, #1 being Mid, #2 Support. Comments & suggestions always appreciated.

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/karma-mid-amp-support-221190?revision

EpicPhailure

My suggestion is to not use Mobafire ;D Upload on Solomid or something; Leaguecraft at the very least.

The reason many champs aren't used in professional play is purely because there's someone else who does the job better. Like you said, Soraka and Sona outshine Karma in laning phase with pure sustainability. Janna's AD bonus on her shield is why it's better than Karma shield. Late game, her heal may catch up, but initiations are more important, as catching someone out of position is a game-changer. Aggressive supports like Leona and Taric are more important than Karma at those times.

Karma is under the same category as Caitlyn or Amumu in tournament play. Someone else can do what they do, but better. In the case of Caitlyn, her long range is basically negligible in the face of pure dps (Graves). Amumu's bandage toss ganks are basically what Nautilus specializes in, except his toss brings the target into range as well as allowing him to escape by terrain. The hooks through wall isn't worth it because if you're trying to initiate through a wall, how would your team follow up?

It's just the issue of maintaining balance on a large scale. With 99 champions, it's difficult to keep even half of them viable.

I am however, looking forward towards the Karma rework :D Saving IP for her the instant it comes out, as well as saving IP for Leona or Lulu. Those are pretty much the only common supports I'm lacking right now.

krele

Just by looking at karma's kit and base stats you can clearly see that she's underpowered. Yes of course, she can dominate games, but so can fed AD Carry Soraka. She's a far tier 3 pick in competitive play IMO.

Titan

Haven't played LoL in a long time, this topic makes me want to play again.
Livin' in a lonely world.