News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

[bug][minor]alt+tab and window dragging

Started by ARTgames, August 22, 2009, 07:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARTgames

When you hold the top of the window of stick online and then alt tab into another window than release the the left mouse button the window gets stuck to the mouse.

and if you move the mouse up in a fast motion while alt+tab its possible to make the window get stuck under the mouse making it so you cant just click back to fix it.

video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmcU5Mg8IOc

Mr Pwnage

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

ARTgames

hints the "minor" in the topic title. I know this is a small bug and i don't do it on purpose. >_< i just happen to me today and even tho this is a vary uncommon thing to happen i still felt like pointing it out.

was your post using sarcasm? i could not tell

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: ARTgames on August 22, 2009, 09:05:23 PM
hints the "minor" in the topic title. I know this is a small bug and i don't do it on purpose. >_< i just happen to me today and even tho this is a vary uncommon thing to happen i still felt like pointing it out.

was your post using sarcasm? i could not tell
But that isn't even really a bug? It's essentially the same sort of thing where...you hold down right to run, than click off the window and you keep running? It's not a glitch with Stick Online.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

ARTgames

hits "minor" in the topic title.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: ARTgames on August 22, 2009, 09:15:18 PM
hits "minor" in the topic title.
Well...I hate to break it to you, but your title is wrong too than. Because in order for it to be a "minor bug", it actually has to be a bug. But hey, I won't argue the point with you...I'll just let Meiun pwn you. :P

Lingus

A bug is a bug. If the program isn't acting the way it is intended, it's a bug. It might not be something Meiun can deal with. It might be a bug with Game Maker... but it's still a bug.

yottabyte

Quote from: Lingus on August 23, 2009, 02:11:58 PM
A bug is a bug. If the program isn't acting the way it is intended, it's a bug. It might not be something Meiun can deal with. It might be a bug with Game Maker... but it's still a bug.
qft :)

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

Dragx_Rage

Quote from: Lingus on August 23, 2009, 02:11:58 PM

Mr Pwnage, you offically got owned.

Mystery

Pwnage got pwned. OH THE IRONY

..But in all seriousness, this sounds more like a bug with Game Maker than Stick Online. Which is still a bug nontheless though.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Mystery on August 23, 2009, 06:53:33 PM

..But in all seriousness, this sounds more like a bug with Game Maker than Stick Online. Which is still a bug nontheless though.
NOT IN THE LEAST! If anything, it would be a bug with windows, because I can do that TO ANY FREAKING WINDOW I HAVE OPENED. I've tested this to be true. Not too much shit Meiun can do to fix our operating systems... >.>

Mystery

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on August 23, 2009, 09:55:27 PM
Quote from: Mystery on August 23, 2009, 06:53:33 PM

NOT IN THE LEAST! If anything, it would be a bug with windows, because I can do that TO ANY FREAKING WINDOW I HAVE OPENED. I've tested this to be true. Not too much shit Meiun can do to fix our operating systems... >.>
Are you serious? I tried that to confirm earlier that it was an issue with Game Maker, and not the OS. It only worked with GM for me.  :-X Dunno if it's my comp or something.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

ARTgames

This is my speculation:

im sure the box area that is used in game was made by meiun. the only draggable window area you can have on default normal old game maker that is controlled by the os is the main one meiun disabled that border game maker games by default.(that i know of. but im prity sure about this) now he could be using a dll to drag the window. i dont know. but seeing the dlls that come with the game i dont think they do.

but to back up that meiun made it is that this bug does not exsits on other default windows. i tryed notepad and fire fox and did not have this problem.  And one more thing is that if you move your mouse fast the window can be left behind a little. this is also a commend thing of game maker when it cant grade the mouse position fast enuff due to it only being able to grab it once every frame (to what ever the fps is set to) or other matters.

if you hover your mouse over a hat and move it quickly you can tell that the name fallowing the mouse is a little behind. this is almost the same amount as does the lag the window does. (shown in video 2ed part ware the window is under the mouse)

now can he fix it i dont know. The easiest way would be to check if the window is in focus. But i dont know if game maker has a function for that. and he's meiun. meiuns are smart. :P

my conclusion of this is that i think meiun made the box area that drags the window in game maker.

but as i said in the past.

QuoteNow i could have gotten this all wrong and meiun will pwn me soon.

JoEL

No, this is not a bug at all, Meiun did this on purpose just to piss people off, which means this was intended, which means Not-A-Bug.

Edit:

On what artgames has just said...no this would not happen in other programs...this is exactly like the key press game maker bug....where you press a key minimize window / change application with your finger still on a key and you're still walking, this is the exact same, another game maker bug. Stick Online is checking if you make a key press at the of the window and if it is then allow window dragging, but if the application isn't selected and you release the key/mouse button , game maker can't recieve the key/mouse release event and untill it does, it will keep dragging the window.

ARTgames

Quote from: JoEL on August 23, 2009, 10:25:15 PM
On what artgames has just said...no this would not happen in other programs...this is exactly like the key press game maker bug....where you press a key minimize window / change application with your finger still on a key and you're still walking, this is the exact same, another game maker bug. Stick Online is checking if you make a key press at the of the window and if it is then allow window dragging, but if the application isn't selected and you release the key/mouse button , game maker can't recieve the key/mouse release event and untill it does, it will keep dragging the window.

i never said that its not a bug in game maker like that. my conclusion was that meiun made the box area. what you just said i agree with. and your statement can only be true if my statement is true.

for it to be a bug in game maker it must be made in game maker. which was my point.(that it (the window dragging engen) was made in game maker) i never explined what caused the bug (you did in your post) i only explined that it(the window dragging) had the characteristics of being made in gm and not the directly controlled by the os. that post you made is the next step to the problem.