News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

What Would You Like to See in SOv3?

Started by Zario777, September 24, 2012, 04:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zario777

This is not necessarily suggestions for SOv3, but more of ideas that would be cool for Stick Online. Personally, I'd like to see two things in SOv3 which are:

1. Item groups (Like a straw hat, pitch fork, dust storm skill for example for a Farm Items group or Fire Hat, Inferno Sword, Fire Blast for fire group, etc)

2. Item Pair bonuses (In the case of Stick Online 2, using the Knight Helm and Short Sword would give a slight stat bonus to the KH and/or performance bonus in the short short)

Post your thoughts and responses below!
What would be the minimum requirements to play SO on my computer?
i7 core running at 3.6 ghz 16gb ram minimum with at least 2 x ATI Radeon HD 4870. Best played with full surround sound and a 30" widescreen moniter.

sly 3 4 me

A sortable inventory to make things look nice. I've wanted this one for a while. :)

A store that has potential usage (I would want to go out of my way to get there due to the items or specifics it offers).

Signs or some form of helper system for people that are not familiar with the game perhaps? They could give a general level range for what levels you should be to train there.

11clock

Vanity slots, like in Terraria and some other games.

Lucifer

What I would like to see more than anything is a strong emphasis on Clans, and Clan related PvP content. Meiun has informed us as to the potential existence of independent "zones", rather than a purely seamless world.

I see the possibility for some of these zones to be controllable, able to be contended over by Clans. Whether or not these zones would actually have a specific function (perhaps trickling gold into a Clan vault) or simply be for ego's sake is up to debate, as well as how the specifics of how such a system would function.

I'd also like to see a shout back to early SoV2 days with some zones enforcing PvP at all times, literally turning it on for you and disabling the capability to be turned off upon entering the zone. These could be areas in which Clans could establish a presence, similar to specific clans claiming ownership of the Mountain, etc, like before.

One more thing, and I believed I expressed this in another topic, but zones also provide the potential for Clan Bases. These Bases could simply be areas for your Clan members to hang out, similarly to an idea for the SOv2 donor clubhouse that had some popularity in the previous forum's donor section. They could also have practical uses, for instance perhaps the Clan Leader would be able to spend funds on certain things; shops, aesthetic improvements, etc.

I'm truly excited to see what Meiun has in store for us in this transition from a seamless to a zoned world.

Meiun

Quote from: Lucifer on September 25, 2012, 10:40:58 PM
What I would like to see more than anything is a strong emphasis on Clans, and Clan related PvP content. Meiun has informed us as to the potential existence of independent "zones", rather than a purely seamless world.

I see the possibility for some of these zones to be controllable, able to be contended over by Clans. Whether or not these zones would actually have a specific function (perhaps trickling gold into a Clan vault) or simply be for ego's sake is up to debate, as well as how the specifics of how such a system would function.

I'd also like to see a shout back to early SoV2 days with some zones enforcing PvP at all times, literally turning it on for you and disabling the capability to be turned off upon entering the zone. These could be areas in which Clans could establish a presence, similar to specific clans claiming ownership of the Mountain, etc, like before.

One more thing, and I believed I expressed this in another topic, but zones also provide the potential for Clan Bases. These Bases could simply be areas for your Clan members to hang out, similarly to an idea for the SOv2 donor clubhouse that had some popularity in the previous forum's donor section. They could also have practical uses, for instance perhaps the Clan Leader would be able to spend funds on certain things; shops, aesthetic improvements, etc.

I'm truly excited to see what Meiun has in store for us in this transition from a seamless to a zoned world.
I agree!

Scotty

I personally am a huge fan of how Firefall is handling donations with their Founders program.  By paying into one of three tiers, you receive various bonuses that benefit the player in both cosmetic, and features that non-founders wouldn't have.  They have tiki masks which would fall under cosmetic, to motorcycle like vehicles that would fall under features.  Another feature, which Meiun may not be so keen on, is various permanent XP bonuses depending on how much you donate.

Meiun has made it abundantly clear that he doesn't want donors to have an advantage, but "advantage" is a gray area that is up for interpretation.  Do we get expedited transportation in SOv3?  Vehicles?  Vehicles that move faster for donors/founders?  The infamous once dreamed of "Secret of Mana"-like cannon to fire out of from one location to another?  A cannon that you can fly further in for donors/founders?  What about enhanced loot drop percentages for kills made by donors?  Is there crafting in SOv3?  What if certain things that are normally bought through stores can be crafted for a lesser price (but requires effort in scavenging) by donors?  Clans?  Why not provide a limited set of designs and colors to choose from for clan banners, but give donors who start clans the ability to design their own banners (kind of like how Minecraft allows custom skins, but only if you've legally bought the game).  Does the game have some sort of universal PvP ranking system?  No?  Great!  Make one for donors only.

The options are endless, but I think that this sort of effort will provide the most reward for both players and developer(s).  I'd pay into that.

Matty_Richo

andy302

I would like to see some group oriented/rewarding content  ;)

Loganvz123

NotoriousM4^

Exiled

Quote from: Loganvz123 on October 07, 2012, 07:14:48 AM
Skill trees
Cross platform

I believe the new version will be coded in C#.  This means it can only run on Windows; not Linux nor Macs.

Meiun

Quote from: Exiled on October 13, 2012, 03:09:21 PM
Quote from: Loganvz123 on October 07, 2012, 07:14:48 AM
Skill trees
Cross platform

I believe the new version will be coded in C#.  This means it can only run on Windows; not Linux nor Macs.
Not quite true actually. While C# is officially a Microsoft language, C# software can run on Linux, Mac, as well as numerous other platforms (including certain mobile ones including Android and iOS) using the mono framework, which has become quite a well respected cross platform implementation of the .NET framework. Heck, they even have an open source implementation of XNA for mono. I believe many versions of Linux even include the mono framework by default nowadays. Even without mono though, C# programs run on more than just PC's (pretty much any other microsoft product, such as Xbox, Windows Phone, etc.) So it really would be plenty possible in theory.

Bread

Does that mean it's possible to see Stick-Online in the Xbox Arcade one day? xD

Meiun

Quote from: Bread on October 13, 2012, 11:37:15 PM
Possible yes, but I don't know how probable :P If I were to make it available on any other platforms that probably wouldn't be the first i'd go for.

sly 3 4 me

Quote from: Meiun on October 13, 2012, 11:46:21 PM
Quote from: Bread on October 13, 2012, 11:37:15 PM
Possible yes, but I don't know how probable :P If I were to make it available on any other platforms that probably wouldn't be the first i'd go for.

I was thinking the same. It'd be interesting to see, but I'm not sure if in the long run if it would be plausible. Mind if I ask which platform would be the highest in terms of a port? I don't think it would be easy on a phone with the inventory and smaller screen.