News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros. Crusade

Started by sly 3 4 me, October 17, 2012, 10:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sly 3 4 me

I figured this would be an adequate place to post this. Super Smash Bros. Crusade is Super Smash Bros, as the name says. It is made in Game Maker and it encompasses a roster of hopefully 80 characters, currently having 44 at the moment. The game has some strange controls, but they can be edited through the options. It also supports controllers, and in the next version will support them natively. You'll want to adjust the controls before playing. The game also supports online mode, but I've yet to try it. It has some cool characters such as Goku and Rayman. Sort of like Mugen I suppose.

I mainly posted this since it's interesting, and it's made in Game Maker, which Stick Online 2 was created in.

Here's some information on it from a forum I frequently visit.

I haven't played it much, but from what I saw, it runs well. It's currently a demo, meaning there are some bugs, but it still plays fine. Check it out if you're interested. :)

Link to the forum for Super Smash Bros. Cruade: http://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/

Scotty

How are they getting around the copyright infringement?  Nintendo has never been one to flex the litigation weenie on people, but this is rather blatant.

sly 3 4 me

I can ask him if you'd like. Maybe it's one of those 'Don't tell Nintendo' things, but even then they will eventually find out. I'll see how he responds on it. I was planning to ask the same question actually.

11clock

Quote from: Scotty on October 18, 2012, 01:49:33 AM
How are they getting around the copyright infringement?  Nintendo has never been one to flex the litigation weenie on people, but this is rather blatant.

Nintendo has stated in the past that they love fan games (free advertisement), so they're fine with these types of games, as long as people don't try to sell them.

DarkBlade325

Quote from: Scotty on October 18, 2012, 01:49:33 AM
There's worse ones out there. PokeMMO for example requires you dumping a FireRed rom into the directory to play the game. Plus, they're making money off the project via donations. Thats the sorta thing that would get Nintendo's attention.

sly 3 4 me

The creator of topic responded with 11clock's exact response as he believed it to be an acceptable answer, so there's your response. :P

The main GBAtemp site is down due to a breach, but here is the download page for the newest version.