News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Bioshock Infinite

Started by Yankyal, April 01, 2013, 08:55:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yankyal

I torrented it because I'm poor and shit. I started playing at 10 AM and finished at 9PM. I beat the whole damn thing in one sitting. I haven't played a videogame that long since the glory days of WoW.

10/10, the best single player campaign I've ever played.
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10

T-Rok

I was told they ruined the game. Deviated from the original design to appeal to the Call of Duty crowd and the game lost a lot of what made it Bioshock. Haven't played it yet myself.

Titan

Maybe 50% through it and I can easily say it is one of my favorite games all of time.

Livin' in a lonely world.

KaptainKohl

The story line for this was amazing, probably one of the best FPS type games i have played in a long time, i beat all in one day just to progress the story. Because it was so great im going back and playing the very hard 1999 mode and trying to find everything hidden. And yes they did change some things from the original Bioshock but the reason was is that this is a completely different game. I would give it a try T-Rok because its really good.

T-Rok

I don't mean changes from the original Bioshock. I mean changes from the design they had in place during late development. Apparently they completely changed the gameplay mid production. This is what my game developer friend told me, but I could have misunderstood him.

Cactuscat222

Quote from: T-Rok on April 01, 2013, 09:44:37 PM
I don't mean changes from the original Bioshock. I mean changes from the design they had in place during late development. Apparently they completely changed the gameplay mid production. This is what my game developer friend told me, but I could have misunderstood him.

Yeah, stuff was definitely cut, and there is a myriad of ways Infinite could have been improved - if you go back and watch the 15 minute E3 2011 demo after playing the game, it really makes you wonder what "could have been". My personal opinion is that they had the right formula, but they just didn't have enough content following it. There were characters, themes, and stories that were left largely untouched - all they needed was just more time in game to explain and show it all...

...That said, the game is still utterly amazing. As much as I could rant and rave about the problems it has, it is still incredibly fun, completely immersive and has a fairly impressive story; it is miles ahead of the competition. I wish it could have been everything they made it out to be when they first announced and showed it years ago, but they still got fairly close. If you have the time, the game is very much worth it.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Chaos111

Absolutely loved it, the story is brilliant, just like Bioshock should be.
I didn't have the time to play it all in one sitting, but 3-4 got me through it. Definitely worth getting, the story is so well written the gameplay almost makes no difference to the game at all.
Life is only the beginning of the story.

Yankyal

Quote from: T-Rok on April 01, 2013, 11:13:45 AM
Deviated from the original design to appeal to the Call of Duty crowd and the game lost a lot of what made it Bioshock.
sounds like you got trolled. appealing to the call of duty audience, aka "we wanna get that call of duty crowd" is a common accusation to any new game that comes out.

i don't usually like fps games but this one was hot, let me tell you.
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10

Cactuscat222

Quote from: Yankyal on April 02, 2013, 04:47:02 AM
Quote from: T-Rok on April 01, 2013, 11:13:45 AM
Deviated from the original design to appeal to the Call of Duty crowd and the game lost a lot of what made it Bioshock.
sounds like you got trolled. appealing to the call of duty audience, aka "we wanna get that call of duty crowd" is a common accusation to any new game that comes out.

i don't usually like fps games but this one was hot, let me tell you.

Yeah... I've seen lots of people attack the whole 2-weapon system, as if it is inherently weak or wrong. Personally, I feel it was implemented properly for Infinite and actually expands the game. Had they let you hold every weapon, I feel the combat wouldn't maintain that fast-pace, on-edge thrill; having to conserve ammo or pick up other weapons on the fly made the combat much more entertaining. However, I do see how the upgrade system impacts it and people don't appreciate that (i.e. people not wanting to switch weapons because they aren't upgraded). Though, for me, that wasn't necessarily a negative; I enjoyed being specialized and am excited for other playthroughs to try other weapons more exclusively.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

ARTgames

I payed for it and felt like it was worth the money. I liked it. If you like single player fps games that is well polished than this will do it for you.