News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Open SOV2 for everyone

Started by DNH, October 02, 2013, 03:14:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DNH

Yo Guys,

what about opening SOV2 for everyone, just like it was a few years ago.. im alone on So cant do anything.. Some ppl would be very nice

jackel1994

DNH

Meiun

Part of me would like to be able to open it to the public again, but the main reason it is not open to the public is because there is no scenario of opening it to the public that would not require more work and time from me. This doesn't make much practical sense, seeing as whatever time that I do find for Stick Online I have been trying to apply towards V3 (the future of the game). Opening it to the public (even if it didn't bring in many more players) would add a whole variety of additional moderation requirements and concerns, and even if I hired more GM's to help me with this, it would still require a decent level of involvement on my part to oversee things properly. The main reason the donor server of V2 was open was more so as a thank you for all the people who had donated over the games lifespan.

crozier

What if you allowed donors the ability to create new accounts (ie having 2+ unlocked/created accounts but only paying 10$ total)? I for one would love to play a level 1 again and have the community doing the same simultaneously. Would this scenario require a lot of work and maintenance?

Meiun

Quote from: crozier on October 08, 2013, 09:07:09 PM
What if you allowed donors the ability to create new accounts (ie having 2+ unlocked/created accounts but only paying 10$ total)? I for one would love to play a level 1 again and have the community doing the same simultaneously. Would this scenario require a lot of work and maintenance?
The only real problem with that idea is that if donors were allowed to create unlimited accounts, they could just as easily create them for any and everybody who wants a new account (donor or not), which would essentially be the same thing as just making registration public again as mentioned in my previous post. If people only created them for their own personal use, that would be fine. But I'd hate to have to be a hard-ass about that, and ensuring it wasn't abused would indeed require extra efforts. Additionally, from a moderation standpoint, people are less likely to misbehave and break rules when they know they have something to lose (and can't just make a new account anytime they get in trouble).

Trust me, I've thought through a lot of these possibilities in depth at one time or another.

tehrozzy

Quote from: Meiun on October 09, 2013, 10:45:05 AM
Quote from: crozier on October 08, 2013, 09:07:09 PM
The only real problem with that idea is that if donors were allowed to create unlimited accounts, they could just as easily create them for any and everybody who wants a new account (donor or not), which would essentially be the same thing as just making registration public again as mentioned in my previous post. If people only created them for their own personal use, that would be fine. But I'd hate to have to be a hard-ass about that, and ensuring it wasn't abused would indeed require extra efforts. Additionally, from a moderation standpoint, people are less likely to misbehave and break rules when they know they have something to lose (and can't just make a new account anytime they get in trouble).

Trust me, I've thought through a lot of these possibilities in depth at one time or another.
I thought the point was just a slight increase in the characters/player.
SO like, having one or two extra accounts pp, not unlimited.

Meiun

Quote from: YayForLife on October 09, 2013, 11:32:02 AM
I thought the point was just a slight increase in the characters/player.
SO like, having one or two extra accounts pp, not unlimited.
It would add a little bit of extra complication to keep track of how many accounts have been registered to each donation (as opposed to just "this donation has been used"), and still would have a slight bit of room for abuse, but overall I wouldn't really be opposed to it. I don't know if I want to make this the official policy or anything (especially this late in the game), but if any current donors reading this want a second account, feel free to email me about it. Can't guarantee I'll keep doing this forever though, will have to see how it goes.