News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Fix WBE being slower than bandit mask.

Started by Loganvz123, October 27, 2013, 09:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loganvz123

The bandit mask is one of the most common items in the game, and the white bunny ears are fairly rare.
The white bunny ears give an agi bonus of 5, where the Bandit mask gives a speed-agi equivalent of 5.5, which means that
this common item is actually faster than this rare item.
One way to fix this is to have the WBE at 6 and the BBE at 7, as it would be a good middle range between the ~10 of the Bandit cover.

Bread

While I understand what you're saying and agree that the white bunny ears should have given more of a speed boost, Meiun has already stated that SOv2 is no longer in development. Therefore, this simply won't happen. A nice thought though!

Who knows, maybe this will be addressed in SOv3.

Loganvz123

I don't see how changing a number in a GML script really counts as 'development'.

krele

Quote from: Loganvz123 on October 28, 2013, 01:49:48 AM
I don't see how changing a number in a GML script really counts as 'development'.
Me neither, it serves as a safeguard for him to proceed being lazy =P

Hambone

Or, more simply, just don't care. If you want wbe great, go out and spend some time to get it. Maybe it's worth it just as a status symbol type thing. Just because an object is rare doesn't mean it has to be good.

Meiun

Yes, this would be a simple change. If for some unforeseen reason I did decide to do any updates to V2, I would consider adding this to the list of adjustments to make. There are a lot of things that could stand to be changed in V2, but I am not going to go releasing a new build every time someone finds another nitpick detail on a game that I haven't done an update on in years. There is a point where I simply need to draw the line and say that updates are done, and that point happened years ago. If I did ever go back on this and do a new update, I would probably want it to include a bit more than just minor tweaks.

@Krele, calling me lazy doesn't change this.

Also remember that while speed may be one of the most significant benefits, AGI does more than just boost movement speed.

DNH

Quote from: Meiun on October 28, 2013, 10:39:42 AM
Yes, this would be a simple change. If for some unforeseen reason I did decide to do any updates to V2, I would consider adding this to the list of adjustments to make. There are a lot of things that could stand to be changed in V2, but I am not going to go releasing a new build every time someone finds another nitpick detail on a game that I haven't done an update on in years. There is a point where I simply need to draw the line and say that updates are done, and that point happened years ago. If I did ever go back on this and do a new update, I would probably want it to include a bit more than just minor tweaks.

Also remember that while speed may be one of the most significant benefits, AGI does more than just boost movement speed.

Dear Meiun,

you have such a great Community.. They Spend so much time and money for you and your project.. They are patient as hell and you mind about 3 minutes in doing a small update with things that could/should be changed?...
You should really be more thankful to this community.. Srsly.. There are so retarded communitys compared to this one and even there the developer do more for their guys than you do..
Yeah you got RL, yes job etc. too..
Your working on V3 since 5 years and stopped updating v2 since a few years, even if it wouldnt be any work..
I really dont get it boy

Titan

He just opened up registration to everyone in the community. He never made anyone pay either, its all been donations. Donations go towards the server and game.(and his new Porsche ofc)
He held an event due to forums rolling back too. He has done a lot, and this isn't something he gets paid for. He has explained multiple times that this is his hobby.(one that he happens to put A LOT of time into)
You saying he doesn't appreciate his community is kind of a dick move, and I personally think you are way off.

I for one would rather have him work for 1 hour on V3 then working for 1 hour putting small tweaks into v2.

Livin' in a lonely world.

Meiun

Quote from: DNH on October 28, 2013, 06:19:55 PM
Quote from: Meiun on October 28, 2013, 10:39:42 AM

Dear Meiun,

you have such a great Community.. They Spend so much time and money for you and your project.. They are patient as hell and you mind about 3 minutes in doing a small update with things that could/should be changed?...
You should really be more thankful to this community.. Srsly.. There are so retarded communitys compared to this one and even there the developer do more for their guys than you do..
Yeah you got RL, yes job etc. too..
Your working on V3 since 5 years and stopped updating v2 since a few years, even if it wouldnt be any work..
I really dont get it boy
I am thankful for such a great community, trust me. But the main reason I even run the donor server in the first place is as a thank you to the community, not for any personal gain or profit. Not to mention that I just opened up registration to the public primarily due to your suggestion/complaints, and that I let you off the hook for some highly ban-worthy past activities. So I'm pretty sure that if anyone here needs to be a bit more grateful, it is you.

Quote from: Titan on October 28, 2013, 06:50:09 PM
I for one would rather have him work for 1 hour on V3 then working for 1 hour putting small tweaks into v2.
My thoughts exactly. As mentioned in "Current V3 Development Status" news section topic, I'm not always able to find a lot of time for SO nowadays. So whatever time I do find, I try to spend on V3.

krele

Don't take it too seriously mate :)

You do have to draw the line. I'm simply saying you're failing to draw that line! Putting the registrations back isn't doing you justice.
In my opinion, the moment you put the server down for good is the moment you can say you stopped dragging it out. I'm sure it's your own fault
for people behaving like this.

The opportunity for us all to play again proved only one thing. It's over and we need to get over it. It's a nice game and all, but it has no future.
Not like this where you're playing line runner, bringing the hopes of people that favor this game a great deal up to the point of ejaculating every time you
make a new topic. It's about time you made a concrete decision, going on like this only makes you look disrespectful towards the fanbase.

I'm only visiting the boards on a yearly basis and I've personally never really put up hopes in SO3. In turn, I can only imagine how stupid the people that did (or maybe even still do) feel.

Meiun

There is a big difference in my mind between allowing people to play an old/"finished" (as finished as it is going to be) version from the past, and making promises to resurrect its development. I have tried to make it clear that I am not going to bring the old one back into development, but I suppose it is on me for not making this clear enough. But either way, I'm pretty sure the number of people made happy by open registration outweighs the number of people being mislead into disappointment by it, so I certainly do not regret doing it.

In short, I do this shit for fun. Hopefully some other people are able to get some fun out of it too. If I've mislead or disappointed anyone, I'm sorry. Quit bitching. Topic closed.