News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Forum Games Child Board

Started by Delicious, September 23, 2009, 10:00:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delicious

Perhaps we could break the off topic section a bit more.. We could use the forum games as a place to store the expanding topic that Mystery has created called "Stick Mafia" as well as future games that the community may host or play. Anyone think this is necessary? That is, if it does not take too long to add a sub catagory since their are more obvious things which need to be spent time on rather then this.
<3

11clock

I agree with this. I have seen forums without a Forum Games section and the Off-Topic section was all messy.A Forum Games section would keep things more organized here.

Mystery

Quote from: Delicious on September 23, 2009, 10:00:16 AM
Perhaps we could break the off topic section a bit more.. We could use the forum games as a place to store the expanding topic that Mystery has created called "Stick Mafia" as well as future games that the community may host or play. Anyone think this is necessary? That is, if it does not take too long to add a sub catagory since their are more obvious things which need to be spent time on rather then this.
I previously PMed Meiun about just this. He replied-

Quote from: MeiunThat's typically something you could post under the off topic section, but I may consider making a subsection for them at some point.

So yeah, it is a definite possibility. While Stick Mafia would probably be the main thing there(Like on the Hang Out)there could be other games as well.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Mr Pwnage

Definitely need a games board. I concur. I also think we should have a whole board dedicated to me: "The Mr Pwnage Board". In this, we can all discuss everything Mr Pwnage. These 2 would be great additions to the forum.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Red October

Quote from: Mystery on September 23, 2009, 04:44:18 PM

Quote from: MeiunThat's typically something you could post under the off topic section, but I may consider making a subsection for them at some point.

Having only like 8 players per game isn't really "active", compared of what we had before.

Mystery

Quote from: Red October on September 23, 2009, 08:43:55 PM
Quote from: Mystery on September 23, 2009, 04:44:18 PM

Having only like 8 players per game isn't really "active", compared of what we had before.
Not comparatively active, true. Worthy of a Forum Games section? Possibly, with all the upcoming games.

I would really like it if several more people decided to try Stick Mafia and play it. Like, say, 15 people or more total. But any number greater than 10 is nice.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Red October

Quote from: Mystery on September 23, 2009, 08:54:50 PMNot comparatively active, true. Worthy of a Forum Games section? Possibly, with all the upcoming games.

I would really like it if several more people decided to try Stick Mafia and play it. Like, say, 15 people or more total. But any number greater than 10 is nice.

It depends. Do you want balance or amount of players? I would highly recommend balance over the amount of players. It's just more fun.

Firstly, mafia games are more likely to be balanced with a odd number (7, 9, 11, 13, 15...) of players. The issue is that the chance of a game being unbalanced increases with the amount of players. Games with 7, 9 and sometimes 11 (8 can be balanced if created perfectly) can only be truly balanced. The issue with Stick Mafia is that hosts just throw random roles into a game and hope it works out. Chances are greater for a successful game with a smaller group. I'm going to throw a random example of a Epic Mafia setup;

Setup 15171 - (3 Villagers, 1 Tracker, 1 Bodyguard, 1 Hunter, 1 Traitor, 1 Janitor and 1 Stalker)
Plays - 931
Mafia Win ratio - 46.4%
Town Win ratio - 53.4%
^ I would call this balanced - it doesn't have to be 50/50.

Notice that there is 3 mafia sided roles, 3 town power roles and 3 basic roles (villagers in this case).
Epic Mafia usually follows this rule:

7 Players = 3 Villagers, 2 Power Roles and 2 Mafia Roles
9 Players = 3 Villagers, 3 Power Roles and 3 Mafia Roles

Note that Third Party roles are considered to be mafia sided if they can join with the mafia (like the Jester/Fool).

Anything that you throw can be balanced, if you follow that simple rule. The issue with Stick Mafia is that host (towards the end), just threw setups together that were simply unbalanced, this were always town sided, becuase no one wanted to player as a villager. Everyone hated it. Fact is they are important to making a game balanced.

I hope you get my point. I'll suggest multiple small games going at once.