News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

About the new Karma System (it has arrived, so I am changing the subject)

Started by Mr Pwnage, September 12, 2009, 11:04:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Please read THE ENTIRE post below before voting.

I love Mr Pwnage with a passion.
Spongebob for president.
What is a Pluto?

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Lingus on September 24, 2009, 05:47:31 PM
If you did it that way you'd have to change how many rep points it takes to get another rep power. If someone could give 10 rep points after getting only 20 rep points (1 rep power) then they could drastically affect the rep power of others. In my opinion, the more logical and simple solution would be to make post count not affect reputation at all. As I said, it is an entirely different indicator of someone's standing. If they have a lot of posts, that's one thing, but to have a good reputation it should only be determined by people upping their rep. This way someone can look at post count AND rep to determine another person's standing in the forum.

And as far as I'm concerned, adding the comments feature in does next to no good unless other people can view it. It's all well and good for the person receiving the comments to view it, and if they receive reputation with a bad comment on it (like, "cause I felt like it" or "cause they're ghey") then it should be taken up with a forum moderator and removed. But, for my own personal preference, I would rather look at someone's rep and see why they have the rep they do. This way I can make my own judgement as to whether their rep is deserved. Without that, they could still have been rep spammed and I wouldn't know it.

Btw, I don't mean to complain. I'm just stating my opinion. It's not necessary to do any of the above. The system in place is already better than before. But if implemented, it would be a very effective rep system imo.
Ah okay. Well when you put it that way I am sided with your views. Nice wording, lol.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

JoEL

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on September 24, 2009, 03:32:14 PM
Quote from: Lingus on September 24, 2009, 12:19:50 PM
Joel, I believe the "I disagree" option would remove rep.
He knows...he derepped me too after I derepped him... T.T

It's all good though.
Uhh No i didn't...I still don't have the privilege to de-rep people, I didn't even notice you removed rep off me...

Lingus

Pwnage, are you sure that wasn't your derepping of Joel? It shows both your rep actions to others, and other's rep actions to you...

Btw, how do you already have 3 rep power?

Mystery

Quote from: Lingus on September 25, 2009, 08:30:06 PM
Pwnage, are you sure that wasn't your derepping of Joel? It shows both your rep actions to others, and other's rep actions to you...

If you post a lot, you get Rep Power very quickly, due to all the reputation.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

ARTgames

Quote from: Mystery on September 25, 2009, 08:32:27 PM

You gain rep from posting?

Mystery

Quote from: ARTgames on September 25, 2009, 09:01:39 PM
Quote from: Mystery on September 25, 2009, 08:32:27 PM

You gain rep from posting?
Yes. 1 per post. How do you think you gained rep so quickly?
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

ARTgames

Quote from: Mystery on September 25, 2009, 09:05:01 PM

but how is that far? I don't think some ones post count needs to be linked to there rep. I fail to see what the two things have in common to be in the same system. If anything post count needs to be retained to its self or only effect members title.

Quote from: LingusIf you did it that way you'd have to change how many rep points it takes to get another rep power. If someone could give 10 rep points after getting only 20 rep points (1 rep power) then they could drastically affect the rep power of others. In my opinion, the more logical and simple solution would be to make post count not affect reputation at all. As I said, it is an entirely different indicator of someone's standing. If they have a lot of posts, that's one thing, but to have a good reputation it should only be determined by people upping their rep. This way someone can look at post count AND rep to determine another person's standing in the forum.

And as far as I'm concerned, adding the comments feature in does next to no good unless other people can view it. It's all well and good for the person receiving the comments to view it, and if they receive reputation with a bad comment on it (like, "cause I felt like it" or "cause they're ghey") then it should be taken up with a forum moderator and removed. But, for my own personal preference, I would rather look at someone's rep and see why they have the rep they do. This way I can make my own judgement as to whether their rep is deserved. Without that, they could still have been rep spammed and I wouldn't know it.

Btw, I don't mean to complain. I'm just stating my opinion. It's not necessary to do any of the above. The system in place is already better than before. But if implemented, it would be a very effective rep system imo.

well i don't think the comments are that useless if not public. But i do think they are a lot more useful if they are.

I agree with what Lingus says here.

Lingus

Quote from: ARTgames on September 26, 2009, 03:43:08 AM

but how is that far? I don't think some ones post count needs to be linked to there rep. I fail to see what the two things have in common to be in the same system. If anything post count needs to be retained to its self or only effect members title.
That's exactly what I said.

ARTgames

Quote from: Lingus on September 26, 2009, 06:53:05 PM
Quote from: ARTgames on September 26, 2009, 03:43:08 AM

That's exactly what I said.

Yeah :P While i was making my post i looked back on past ones and saw that this topic had a page i never really read. So i quoted you and places in mine and said i agree because i know people would understand you more.