News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Your Creations

Started by Delicious, September 14, 2009, 08:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: JoEL on October 31, 2009, 01:19:27 PM
Sorry, this is defenatly the zip: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tnvdyzne3nt
If not someones playing tricks on me...
Third time's a charm. I tried it, was really cool...seeing as when I tried playing around with C++ I was driven to insanity. Good luck in your further works. :)
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

JoEL

thanks, yeah it's defenatly not easy to have a play with...atleast untill you grasp it. I'd like to work in a good loading system with some encryption....all for testing purposes of course.

Red October

Quote from: JoEL on October 30, 2009, 04:32:46 AMWhat have I been making? you might be asking. Well in short, I've been subjecting myself to pages & pages of C++ Tutorials and what not...and decided to test my skills by creating a small Platform Game test, I mean right not I wouldn't call it a "game" exactly, but it has some platform game physics (which took me quite a long time to work out how to do). So if you have the time to download a 200kb file (which on todays computers is less then 2 seconds worth of your time) take a look and compare it to a game just like it in game maker. Also check out the speed, I think it runs smoothly.

Comparing your creation to most game maker jump-based games, your engine is completely more smoother. I congratulate you in your effects to learn something other than game maker. However I would like to see this engine expand a bit more, such as having a floating platforms, "one way" platforms and maybe even moving platforms.

JoEL

Thanks,

I plan to add similar features to the ones you have suggested. I would like to get a small animation in there too for the little box as well. I'll more then likely have ghost platforms too, I'm hoping it won't be as hard as I think it will be.

Jayce

Delicious

So much effort to see your comic... not everyone has an account on that site, ya know?  :P
After registering and confirming my email address, the darn thing didn't load.  :(
<3

Pinball

Made a new avatar to replace the Halloween one I had.

Jayce

Quote from: Delicious on November 05, 2009, 12:39:15 AM
So much effort to see your comic... not everyone has an account on that site, ya know?  :P
After registering and confirming my email address, the darn thing didn't load.  :(
Wow, I am extremely sorry.  I posted it to my facebook, and it loaded for everyone who looked at it, I just figured it would do the same here.

JoEL

Quote from: Pinball on November 05, 2009, 12:49:57 AM
Made a new avatar to replace the Halloween one I had.

Nice one dude!

And sorry Jayce I couldn't look at yours without signing up. :(

Delicious

Quote from: Jayce on November 05, 2009, 10:02:17 PM
Quote from: Delicious on November 05, 2009, 12:39:15 AM
Wow, I am extremely sorry.  I posted it to my facebook, and it loaded for everyone who looked at it, I just figured it would do the same here.
Ahaha, no need to be sorry mate. It's alright.  ;)
<3

yottabyte

Here's my beautiful piece of art I drew at class today :D

Not the best quality, I'm not good with scanners. I did my best.

O and yes censored my notes. :P

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

Jayce

crozier

Yeah yotta I love those spiderwebs.
Blast those school notes... Ruined the best Stickonline art since meiuns van.

yottabyte

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: crozier on November 06, 2009, 06:12:51 PM
Blast those school notes... Ruined the best Stickonline art since meiuns van.
I don't get what your saying?

Looking good both of you.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php