News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Your Creations

Started by Delicious, September 14, 2009, 08:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tehrozzy

How did you know what my coffee and table looked like this morning o.O

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Delicious on December 12, 2009, 03:22:17 AM

OMG DUDE CAVE STORY!

Jokes, that's really cool though. I have actually never seen anything like that...Pixel art with actual detail. I think you have just developed a unique style right there in my book. (As if you already didn't have one.)

@ Jake: That is really awesome, but are you sure about the light from the window being there? I think it might be misplaced?
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

EpicPhailure

Delicious and Jake win this topic.

How long have you been working on that, Jake?

ARTgames

Quote from: Delicious on December 12, 2009, 03:22:17 AM
I very much dislike Cave-Story since now any pixel work that does not have a black outline and uses soft inside-AA is considered to look like or remind other of the graphic aspect of the darn game. :(

Its also the low rez look with not many colors that makes it more look like cave story. I will say that i don't see that cave story stile that much. (im not saying cave story invented it, its just that what comes to mind when i see that stuff)

Here an image that is pixel art and does not have a black outline and no AA and does not look like cave story. http://pixelisto.deviantart.com/art/Dream-Art-Fighter-144872284

But why do you care? Its still really good art. I don't care what stile its in your still creative. I never seen a Santa that look like that. Never.

Your guy with with the gun hand looks like it could be a up rezed nearest neighbor snes/gba game boss. And your other art work that is not pixel art looks like a super professional concept art for a video game. Even jakes realistic 3d something i see a lot http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=168680 (i know he never calmed it as original, im just saying. Also im not dissing your art jake. Its really good and i can never do that)

All i want to say is don't let the idea of originality restrict you. Make what ever you want.

TL;DR vs:
Keep making what you are making. Its really good.

Chaos

It's nothing to do with the fact that it has no black outline.  It's because it LOOKS like a graphic that could be in Cave Story.  And how is that bad thing?  Cave Story is !@#$ing epic.

Looks epic, Jake.  I love how people keep questioning your lighting in your 3d models, when it looks perfectly fine.  XD
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Jake

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on December 12, 2009, 08:03:47 AM
@ Jake: That is really awesome, but are you sure about the light from the window being there? I think it might be misplaced?
It's a mathematical improbability that it wouldn't be there. Unless you're saying that the sun's position is off?

Quote from: EpicPhailure on December 12, 2009, 09:22:11 AM
How long have you been working on that, Jake?
2 days. Finally got 3ds max working with vray on my comp again (such a hassle).

Quote from: ARTgames on December 12, 2009, 11:33:16 AM
Even jakes realistic 3d something i see a lot http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=168680 (i know he never calmed it as original, im just saying. Also im not dissing your art jake. Its really good and i can never do that)
You're right. 3D modeling is much easier than spriting.

mikkelet

I made this with this random program Called 3Ds Max :

ARTgames

Quote from: Jake on December 12, 2009, 02:20:39 PM
Even jakes realistic 3d something i see a lot http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=168680 (i know he never calmed it as original, im just saying. Also im not dissing your art jake. Its really good and i can never do that)

Was that sarcasm? The only thing i would like to see improved is the smoke.

Jake

Quote from: ARTgames on December 12, 2009, 02:27:20 PM
Quote from: Jake on December 12, 2009, 02:20:39 PM

Was that sarcasm? The only thing i would like to see improved is the smoke.
Not at all, I'm completely serious. Spriting forces you to view the world in a dimension that is not our own, therefore it's harder to get proportions and outlines right. Modeling allows you to see the scene from multiple angles, and it takes care of all the lighting for you. All you have to do is tell it how you want it to light up the scene. It's still hard to achieve good results, but being a good spriter is much more of a challenge (in my opinion anyway). It could be that I just haven't delved deep enough into the intricacies of modeling (of which there are a LOT).

Delicious

I don't hate Cave-Story, but it seems that there is so much that reminds other of it.  :P
Anyways, I have a pixel-joint account that could be found here - http://pixeljoint.com/p/17347.htm?pg=1&sec=icons - It contains some work that is not seen on these forums.
<3

Cactuscat222

@Delicious: Beautiful pieces. I wish I could get back into pixel art, but I have no where near enough talent or motivation.

@Jake: Haha, awesome. I was just trying to get 3DS Max working on my computer again, gotta redownload it. I haven't actually ever tried something in high detail, all I have been doing is game art. Maybe I'll give something like that a shot, doubt I'll do as good though.

@Mikkelet: Lol, are you being sarcastic about the "random program named 3DS Max"? xD

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Cactuscat222

Double Post, sorry, but wanted to show some stuff I did recently - I've been improving a lot and working hard on it, and I haven't gotten textures done yet. On that note, most of my stuff is more low poly, because I'm modeling for games, not for realism or static pieces. :P

First is my Warrior that is in progress, along with a sword, dubbed "The Burden".

This is a very low poly model of a gun I created, that I'm using primarily to test out texturing skills on. Right now, I just have it vertex colored so I know where to texture it. Also, it was attempts at making hands/fingers, and positioning/animating, that I will have done soon.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Jake

Cactus, those models are friggin sweet. You're so much better than me at modeling geometry. I'm jealous.

I'd say the only thing you need to work on is the legs on that guy. They're kindof boring compared to the rest of the model. Other than that, amazing work man.

Delicious

Interesting work Cactus.  ;)

This...

Is based off this mockup I did...
<3

Cactuscat222

Quote from: Jake on December 13, 2009, 02:45:07 AM
Cactus, those models are friggin sweet. You're so much better than me at modeling geometry. I'm jealous.

I'd say the only thing you need to work on is the legs on that guy. They're kindof boring compared to the rest of the model. Other than that, amazing work man.

Haha, thanks Jake. I appreciate your comments, considering I believe to be much better than I am, especially at texturing (you lucky dog, I have so much trouble with it). Yeah, as I was working on the guy, I found I wanted to work more on the top of the body than the bottom, so I spent more time up there. My original plan was more armor down there, or big boots, but didn't feel it was necessary. I'll test it out.

@Delicious: I'm trying to figure out exactly was is happening in that scene, and what that orange/brown patch is, but other than that, very nice style. I like it :P I can see the guy in an idle stance, popping up and down now, haha.

EDIT: Oh doh. Missed the bottom picture of your post. >.< I get it now, hehe. Nice, I love the mockup too, you make it all seem so simple!