News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Your Creations

Started by Delicious, September 14, 2009, 08:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARTgames

Delicious why don't you ever work with vector based programs like illustrator?

Delicious

Thank you Epsilon, that means a lot.  :)

Also, I do use vector programs... Not as frequently though. There is a reason that I choose to work in pixel art programs, and that is because I enjoy having to place every since square dot freely and I love the challenge it sets. Not only so, but it shows that lots more could be done in paint then others think.

I did more to it, and now I'll show you in 1x. (There is only 20 colors, which was difficult to do. It may go up a few though.  :P )
<3

ARTgames

Well you can place every dot feely in those programs. you know that.

But hey. I know why your doing this. Some times its just more fun to use different tools for what they are. But i think we have all seen the monalisa in paint video.

Also i think an ax should be in the other hand. :D

Delicious

Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of vectors, as it cleans up all the AA and smoothens it out for you? Anyways, I enjoy pixel-art, and that's mostly what I can explain for using just so for pieces such as this. Thanks for the suggestion, might consider using the other hand to weild a weapon.  :)
<3

ARTgames

It can do everything paint can and more. That's my point. The point of vectors is smooth scaling and on the fly modifications.(you know just google "illustrator pixel art") You don't need that stuff but for some artsiest that are really good like you that strikes there fancy. And i was just wondering why it doesn't. But i know that does not for you now.

But if you like the tool now you using then use it. I don't dislike paint.

Lingus

Delicious, that's an awesome piece there. I have 2 comments. 1) the back arm should be waving back like he's riding a bull or w/e. and 2) the wing on the dragon is a bit flat and inconspicuous. I almost didn't notice it there. Maybe have it bigger and go over the boy's leg a bit.

NotoriousM4^

Lol, I dunno Lingus, I kinda like the small wing. It kind of adds to the humor in a way. Although, I would agree that it does look a tad bit flat.

Delicious

Yea, that was a major problem since I started with the piece. I'm going to try and find a way to keep it it's size, look thin and all without it looking flat.
Thanks for the compliments and criticism.  :)
<3

ARTgames

I like the wing other than it would be nice if it had a shadow to make its back part stand out more. I mean there a shadow behinds the boys leg why not the wing also?

Lingus

Quote from: NotoriousM4^ on December 22, 2009, 03:49:11 PM
Lol, I dunno Lingus, I kinda like the small wing. It kind of adds to the humor in a way. Although, I would agree that it does look a tad bit flat.
Agreed. That was just a suggestion, but I do like the smallness of it. It makes it a bit absurd, which is funny.

Quote from: ARTgames on December 22, 2009, 03:59:10 PM
I like the wing other than it would be nice if it had a shadow to make its back part stand out more. I mean there a shadow behinds the boys leg why not the wing also?
That might work. I'm sure Delicious can figure it out!

Delicious

Almost done. I got rid of the wing and made him a runner instead.  :P
Need to work on the tail, spikes and head a slight bit more, and I'm gonna call it finished.
<3

Aqua

I've been waiting for this topic to become active again, and see more of Delicious's work :D. I'm glad that you're back!
I like the... crocodragon, and I love the AA in the backgorund.
~Aqua

LeGuy

Delicious, that's pretty incredible. That is all that I have to say.
Whee!

Delicious

<3

Magebolt

I use to Sprite heaps.
I started to loose my touch so i eventually quit.
This was the best i got. Enjoy. Del told me to upload it.
http://teno.boards.net/

Just started a 2D Platformer MMORPG with Killer Loader called " The Endless Night Online"