News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Your Creations

Started by Delicious, September 14, 2009, 08:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake

Quote from: Magebolt on December 23, 2009, 12:51:18 AM

I use to Sprite heaps.
I started to loose my touch so i eventually quit.
This was the best i got. Enjoy. Del told me to upload it.
Practice practice practice!!!!! Don't stop. Keep going.

Delicious

The piece is done, and can be veiwed in my Pixel Joint gallery - http://pixeljoint.com/pixelart/48861.htm  :)
<3

ARTgames

What is your real job Delicious? Because i would like to see a game made with this stuff.

Delicious

Don't have a job, I'm still a student so there is no time other then the small breaks we get.  :(

With freelance pixel and concept art, I'm not professionally employed, so I can't really say it's a job. I could get paid for doing job requests for others which offers around $10.00 to $50.00 depending on how large the game is and how much they are willing to fork up for quality work (Some pay by the hour instead). I'm not sure if I'm capable of devoting myself to more than two big projects even if I do get paid, though. Stick-online and Adrenaline Online are my major goals at this momment, but I do like to start mini-games that don't take much time and are not online.  :P

Thanks for the compliment, man.  :)
<3

Lingus

Quote from: Delicious on December 23, 2009, 01:53:51 PM
Don't have a job, I'm still a student so there is no time other then the small breaks we get.  :(
Don't wait until you have a job and are working 9am-6pm or longer and are too exhausted to do anything else but come home, eat dinner, and fall asleep. Or, get a job doing this kind of work... Not sure how they would pay, but if you're working doing something you love and that you're good at then you've succeeded in life.

NotoriousM4^

Started out with this, nothing special pretty simple:

Amped it up using Fireworks CS3:

Animated it:

;) Patrick Barrau ~ Tale Of A Brick Wall.

Delicious

Not going to work on this much anymore, cause I got hired by a Iphone/Itouch game developer (Yay!) and I need to work with him on a little project. I also was hired by another programmer to just design some small sprites for him for a small price of $10.00 in which I will donate to Stick-online and give someone a free activation as a gift. Also, I'm doing a collab with Dex (Another Pixel Artist) on a large piece. I need to then provide concepts for Stick-online 3, though I enjoy how laid back this games developement is, so that can usually just come to me whenever. Homework along with that... I dug myself in too deep.

Here is my blog by the way: http://zacharyjjames.blogspot.com/

(Adrenaline online V2 is coming out in 01.01.2010! I'm excited!)
<3

Pat

I loved Adrenaline, I think me and Mage used to play it. I hope its gonna be at least 2x as good :P
That thing looks really nice, I love the use of colours and the eye looks so cool. Keep up the awesome work.
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

mikkelet

Quote from: Delicious on December 30, 2009, 07:10:07 PM

Not going to work on this much anymore, cause I got hired by a Iphone/Itouch game developer (Yay!) and I need to work with him on a little project. I also was hired by another programmer to just design some small sprites for him for a small price of $10.00 in which I will donate to Stick-online and give someone a free activation as a gift. Also, I'm doing a collab with Dex (Another Pixel Artist) on a large piece. I need to then provide concepts for Stick-online 3, though I enjoy how laid back this games developement is, so that can usually just come to me whenever. Homework along with that... I dug myself in too deep.

Here is my blog by the way: http://zacharyjjames.blogspot.com/

(Adrenaline online V2 is coming out in 01.01.2010! I'm excited!)

I just watched the trailer of Adrenline Online, and I'm tempted to say "Wow dude! That looks AWESOME!", but due to my habit of always moderating my language, I think I'm gonna say "Wow mate! That looks JOYFUL!" ;) I really can't wait :P

on a side-note; the trailer last 1 minuter and 37 secs, which is just a '3' away from 1337 :D

Scotty

Delicious, I have one word for your consumption: "networking".  Do everything you can to get noticed.  Work for as many people as you can handle, and with as much variety.  It's good you have a blog going, because people will always know where to find you (attach your blog URL to every forum signature you ever sign up for, does no good if people don't know it's there).  Just make sure that you are letting people know you are out there, and I GUARANTEE that if you are good enough (which you have demonstrated that you are), others will hear about you via "networking" and you'll find your way to the top.

You don't have to put up little things saying "Will sprite for 10 bucks" because then you look cheap and desperate for work.  If anything, just throw out your sprites, get on deviantart, get on as many social networking apps, and constantly bombard them with updates of what you are working on.  Reach out to people as well.  If you find an artist you admire, submit your work to him for critiquing, and if he responds, it shows he's interested in your capabilities.  The more people that know of your amazing talent, the more word will spread to far corners.

That's how I landed my job.  I had a huge network I was building with the help of some friends, and when it came time for an interview, I damn near already knew half the people in the interview from occasional chat over instant messengers, emails, blogs, etc...  I'd ask them how they go about handling "this" or if they had "this" problem, how would they fix it.  It's amazing how well your work will stick when you communicate with people.

yottabyte

QuoteStick-Online 3 (Unreleased)
Massive online game that is going to release it's third version soon.
:o

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

Delicious

Thank you everyone. I appreciate giving me those tips Scotty, and I will do my best to get more known throughout; though I'm contacted through my Pixeljoint gallery and I don't contact any programmers unless I'm really interested in working with them, so I never gave out desperate postings saying that I'd do work for $10, rather it was a programmer who insisted on paying me for something so small and easy.  :P

Quote from: yottabyte on December 31, 2009, 05:28:56 AM
QuoteStick-Online 3 (Unreleased)
Massive online game that is going to release it's third version soon.
:o

Aha, I hope you didn't take that too seriously. I don't know when the release is, and it wont be "soon" persay. Soon in my terms is something that is being worked on, despite it could take a year before it's finished. Sorry for any confusion. Thanks for checking my blog out.

Here is a sketch that was based some-what on that pixel piece up above.

And here is another 5 minute doodle...
<3

crozier

Is james your middle name delicious?
Cause my first name is Zack and my younger bro's middle name is james XD
Neat blog and your pixlejoint page is filled with all your awesome work.

EDIT:
Here is a game mockup I did for a spriting forum.

Complete with a start menu and death menu.
What does everyone think?
The set colors was a huge pain too.

Pat

Cactus I love your models! They look like something out of half-life (The guns). Do you think you could try making a FN SCAR?
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

Delicious

Quote from: crozier on December 31, 2009, 08:58:22 PM
Is james your middle name delicious?
Cause my first name is Zack and my younger bro's middle name is james XD
Neat blog and your pixlejoint page is filled with all your awesome work.

EDIT:
Here is a game mockup I did for a spriting forum.

Complete with a start menu and death menu.
What does everyone think?
The set colors was a huge pain too.
Aha, James is my last name. Thank you for the compliment.  :)
Also, neat mockups. Those colors look like a pain to work with, I must agree.
<3