News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Your Creations

Started by Delicious, September 14, 2009, 08:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoEL

Quote from: Lingus on January 26, 2010, 01:30:51 PM
Quote from: Pat on January 26, 2010, 10:43:39 AM
That doesn't look anything like NFO's hud, not even.
That's what I thought when I first saw it. But it's different enough. It's just the HUD anyways. Not a big deal. Besides the HUD for the new NFO will be different.

Explain to me how it even looks the same? I mean I just used simple shapes on MS paint. I didn't post these up so you can say, "wow that looks like this, blah blah" I mean hell, ZOMG pinball's gun looks like a gun  that's been in a game before.

I just came here to get some c&c if that's alright.

Lingus

No need to be defensive. I don't agree with Pat that you've ripped off the NFO HUD. I think it looks somewhat similar if you don't look close enough. It was only on first glance that I saw the similarities. And that's mainly in the color choices. Other than that it's distinct enough that it doesn't make a difference.

As for C&C, it looks good. Nice and simple. Some of it could be cleaned up a bit.

Delicious

The body for the paperdoll has an extremely odd anatomy, Joel. Perhaps you should look at reference.
Good work so far, keep it up.
<3

Jake

Quote from: JoEL on January 26, 2010, 08:45:28 PM
Explain to me how it even looks the same? I mean I just used simple shapes on MS paint. I didn't post these up so you can say, "wow that looks like this, blah blah" I mean hell, ZOMG pinball's gun looks like a gun  that's been in a game before.
It's obvious that you got inspiration from NFO's GUI when you made your own, and that's perfectly fine. No need to deny that simple fact. I get inspiration from tons of sources when I sprite.

JoEL

Quote from: Jake on January 27, 2010, 01:27:55 AM
Quote from: JoEL on January 26, 2010, 08:45:28 PM
It's obvious that you got inspiration from NFO's GUI when you made your own, and that's perfectly fine. No need to deny that simple fact. I get inspiration from tons of sources when I sprite.

I'll deny it, because it's not true. Just because something may seem similar to another, doesn't mean anything. Discussion closed.

Pat

I wasn't saying he stole it, I was saying they are similar.
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

JoEL

Quote from: Pat on January 27, 2010, 05:23:11 AM
I wasn't saying he stole it, I was saying they are similar.

I'll agree the colour is similiar but that is all. This has no point to my post or the main post of this topic, so please discontinue this.

Thanks for your input lingus and delicious. I will work on it.

venuse

a small 8 bit still tile set trying to stay with in nes limits.
i came up with a name for this mockup.
dead edd and the search for life

his brain would pop out of his head like jack in the box :P

Delicious

Yay, that looks awsome Venuse. Glad you tried your hand on stuff other then Stick-online, plus you restricted yourself well!  :)
<3

crozier

Quote from: venuse on January 28, 2010, 07:37:56 PM
a small 8 bit still tile set trying to stay with in nes limits.

i came up with a name for this mockup.
dead edd and the search for life

his brain would pop out of his head like jack in the box :P

Thats really cool.
That is a great idea for a game anyway.

venuse

made a small 8bit character. semi mega man thing

crozier

http://www.yoyogames.com/games/113578-pond-skater
my gm game for a contest.
All made out of text. Please rate and play if you have the time.
Any thoughts?

Forum

Quote from: crozier on January 31, 2010, 08:47:53 PM
Any thoughts?
Your game was fun i got past first lvl now heres where im stuck now

Officially quitted

Pinball

Quote from: crozier on January 31, 2010, 08:47:53 PM
Any thoughts?

Pretty nice.  The only issues I seen were that the 'X' got offset oddly sometimes, and on the last level the music didn't play.  As for a rating I'll give it 8/10.

Quote from: venuse on January 31, 2010, 08:34:52 PM
made a small 8bit character. semi mega man thing

I like it.  Only things I can think that might improve it is make his blaster arm a tad shorter, and on the left side of the blaster hole put dark yellow to give it more of a round shape.

venuse

actually i didnt want the blaster to be round :P but thanks