News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Your Creations

Started by Delicious, September 14, 2009, 08:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delicious

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on February 23, 2010, 08:10:01 PM
Too cool man, too cool. So smooth, so simple, but put perfectly together.
Thanks buddy. :)

Quote from: ARTgames on February 23, 2010, 08:12:28 PM
Delicious did you ever think of making like 1 sprite set and give out for any one to use? That would be awesome.
Actually, I have done that quite often. I have a bunch of work on my old computer that will never be used by me so sometimes I hand them out to others in need of them. :P
<3

ARTgames

EpicPhailure

Quote from: Delicious on February 23, 2010, 06:42:51 PM
I might want to learn how to code soon so I can make a small game one day by myself. Low res stuff are fun. :P
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/5533/mockups.png
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/9739/runman.gif

It's funny how I see you EVERYWHERE. People on GG2 forums make references to Cops n' Robbers ALL the time.

Delicious

Sure, once I get to my house-hold computer and not my laptop. Might see if I can find them tomorrow though.  :)

Quote from: EpicPhailure on February 23, 2010, 11:11:54 PM
Quote from: Delicious on February 23, 2010, 06:42:51 PM
I might want to learn how to code soon so I can make a small game one day by myself. Low res stuff are fun. :P
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/5533/mockups.png
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/9739/runman.gif

It's funny how I see you EVERYWHERE. People on GG2 forums make references to Cops n' Robbers ALL the time.
Aha, I know. I found a few projects which used my work as reference (Sometimes down right ripped and claimed as their own >:() from forums that I just happen to pass by. GangGarrison is a pretty chill place though, so I'm glad to be known there.  :P
<3

Josh

I think youd make awesome games if you new how to code :P
And how do you do your animating and spriting like on your avi? Any specific guide? And how many frames was for that running person?

Delicious

Quote from: Josh on February 24, 2010, 01:37:25 AM
I think youd make awesome games if you new how to code :P
And how do you do your animating and spriting like on your avi? Any specific guide? And how many frames was for that running person?
Thanks, I will eventually learn.  ;)

Well, pixeling/spriting can't necessarily be explained by any guide rather it is something that will come to you through knowledge after time. Guides could possibly progress the speed though, and there are plenty around. I never used one though.

I use Graphics Gale to do the animations just by picturing the motion in my head and scribbling it out with my tablet and try to get something with some movement, I'm fairly new to animating though. There are 8 frames in the one I had just did underneath the mockup.
<3

Josh

I cant see any in your avatar but do you use much differing?
Heres a sword i put together.

I dont think it looks to good but meh first try and pixeling. Even though i dont think thats considered pixeling...

I saw your black and white picture and meh i felt like making something alike might animate it later.

Also what does 8bit meen :S

JoEL

Quote from: Delicious on February 23, 2010, 08:18:00 PM
Quote from: Cactuscat222 on February 23, 2010, 08:10:01 PM
Too cool man, too cool. So smooth, so simple, but put perfectly together.
Thanks buddy. :)

Quote from: ARTgames on February 23, 2010, 08:12:28 PM
Delicious did you ever think of making like 1 sprite set and give out for any one to use? That would be awesome.
Actually, I have done that quite often. I have a bunch of work on my old computer that will never be used by me so sometimes I hand them out to others in need of them. :P

You could of made your own competition, to see who could make the best game with your sprite sets. (just an idea, not truly a suggestion)

Delicious

Nice work on those, bud. :)

Quote from: Josh on February 24, 2010, 03:29:37 AM
I cant see any in your avatar but do you use much differing?

Hardly ever. I usually only use them on restrictions such as when PixelJoint has a compitition to make a complex piece using only two colours. By dithering, it's basically allowing me to use a third colour without actually having to do so because it basically mixes the two colours you are limited to. So, I only use dithering when necessary.

QuoteAlso what does 8bit meen :S

8 bit, in pixel terms atleast, means restricting yourself to 8 colours. There is also a term for 8 bit music which are the ones you'd normally find on Gameboys and such. So, that black and white piece you just did is 2 bit, since you only used two colours.  

JoEL - That isn't too bad of an idea actually, but I don't know if I a massive variety of my work to lend in order to do so. :P
<3

JoEL

I thought that black and white image was 1-bit

This is what I thought;
I'm confused because I thought 8-bit was 256 colours.

1-bit = 2 colours (black and white) 2x1
2-bit = 2x2 = 4
3-bit = 2x2x2 = 8
etc..etc..
8-bit = 2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2 = 256

ARTgames

well 8 bit art kind of means restrict your self to the limitations of an 80's 8-bit computer graphics PPU.

JoEL

Quote from: ARTgames on February 24, 2010, 09:24:53 PM
well 8 bit art kind of means restrict your self to the limitations of an 80's 8-bit computer graphics PPU.

But to me, the name is missleading...

ARTgames

Chaos

Except, if I remember correctly, NES sprites were limited to 4 (disputably 5 or 6) colours, and NES is considered 8-bit.  Anyone know the explanation there?  ???
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Delicious

Quote from: JoEL on February 24, 2010, 09:19:24 PM
I thought that black and white image was 1-bit

This is what I thought;
I'm confused because I thought 8-bit was 256 colours.

1-bit = 2 colours (black and white) 2x1
2-bit = 2x2 = 4
3-bit = 2x2x2 = 8
etc..etc..
8-bit = 2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2 = 256
Oh yea, 1-bit is two colour restrictions, screwed up there. Not sure what 8-bit is then.
<3