News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Your Creations

Started by Delicious, September 14, 2009, 08:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delicious

Woah, that's old stuff! Nice work with the clothing, NotoriousM4.  :)

QuoteI wish I had your creativity, my main flaw. Would you help me and let me know any suggestions on how to improve the tiles.
Thanks, buddy. I'm not to good with giving criticism to others who do not share the same or close to the same style of mine. I could try, but you would need to point out something specific and I'll go from there.

Quote from: ARTgames on May 05, 2010, 05:15:29 PM
Delicious, do you know how good your work is? Did you make any graphics for so. If you did stick online will be the one of the most professional game maker gamse ever. Not just game maker but video games in general.
You made my day a thausand times better, do you know that? However, I must agree with Cactuscat; Though, those who sprite for Asian MMORPG's such as MapleStory are professionals with education in the feild. I'm unfortunitly self-educated and my work flow is only limited to small independent games because of that.
<3

NotSoCheerios

Quote from: Delicious on May 05, 2010, 06:53:30 PM

QuoteI wish I had your creativity, my main flaw. Would you help me and let me know any suggestions on how to improve the tiles.
Thanks, buddy. I'm not to good with giving criticism to others who do not share the same or close to the same style of mine. I could try, but you would need to point out something specific and I'll go from there.

Well you said the grass bothers you, and I'd like to make it more enjoyable tot he eyes, with keeping a simple and more realistic feel (as in not the typical giant blades of grass), what would you suggest I change in that, whether it be slight pallet change, or complete revamp(preferably not this lol).

oh.. lol shame I'm not good with Animations.. Crypto contacted me about Eden. Though I hate Slym.. would of been nice to work with the talent of you two.

Cactuscat222

Quote from: Delicious on May 05, 2010, 06:53:30 PM

Delicious, do you know how good your work is? Did you make any graphics for so. If you did stick online will be the one of the most professional game maker gamse ever. Not just game maker but video games in general.
You made my day a thausand times better, do you know that? However, I must agree with Cactuscat; Though, those who sprite for Asian MMORPG's such as MapleStory are professionals with education in the feild. I'm unfortunitly self-educated and my work flow is only limited to small independent games because of that.

Yar - I feel like what I said was jerkish, so by no means was I downing your work. The fact that it is all self-taught and what not is amazing, and it looks better than most sprites I see. I'm just saying its up there, if not a little above, some of the professional work out there!

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

ARTgames

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on May 05, 2010, 06:15:23 PM

Now, I won't deny that Delicious' work in amazing, because it utterly is. But honestly, even Asian 2D MMO's crank out graphics that look as good as Delicious' work. And that is not a bad thing, for either party.
you have seen game maker games right? And yes that's true. But still Its only a matter of time till its not.

Delicious

It's fine, Cactuscat. It wasn't at all a "jerk" thing to say. Also, thanks for the compliment.  :)

QuoteWell you said the grass bothers you, and I'd like to make it more enjoyable tot he eyes, with keeping a simple and more realistic feel (as in not the typical giant blades of grass), what would you suggest I change in that, whether it be slight pallet change, or complete revamp(preferably not this lol).

oh.. lol shame I'm not good with Animations.. Crypto contacted me about Eden. Though I hate Slym.. would of been nice to work with the talent of you two.
Perhaps a better palette would work. It doesn't seem to shift as nicely as the cliffs do. You should add more shadow (purple) into the grass tile as I see tons of highlights and the base color.

I would've asked you to join us on Eden, however after you told me you didn't like Slym I decided to not say anything...  :P
<3

NotSoCheerios

Hrm.. I'll have to touch up the grass. I've found another artist thats going to help me with this. He's pretty good with his pallete choice. So I'll see what his opinion is on colors to use.

ARTgames

I think any one here has seen an anaglyph 3d image. So i looked on the web on how to make one and found this.
http://stereo.jpn.org/eng/stphmkr/index.html

Here is a red/cyan 3D image i made.
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/2061/47711906.jpg

It would be cool if some of you out there made sum also.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: ARTgames on May 07, 2010, 07:02:35 PM
I think any one here has seen an anaglyph 3d image. So i looked on the web on how to make one and found this.
http://stereo.jpn.org/eng/stphmkr/index.html

Here is a red/cyan 3D image i made.
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/2061/47711906.jpg

It would be cool if some of you out there made sum also.

You should find out how to make 3D images for the new Real 3D glasses...because the red/cyan system is out-of-date.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

ARTgames

Well i cant afford a theater grade DLP projector with a non un polarizing screen to use my Real 3D glasses. Hell 120hz screen with active shutter glasses cost a hell of a lot.

This 3D just cost me $8 and that's only because i got the fancy ones. But i know your just kidding. : D Maybe one day better 3D will become that affordable. That would be cool if i could do just that.

NotoriousM4^

Well, recently I've been listening to this house DJ Deadmau5 it's pronounced dead mouse, and he's notorious for wearing these Mau5heads while he DJ's Example:

So I decided, to try and sprite one myself on paint and here's how it came out:

Touched it up in Fireworks CS3 and here's how it came out (I made two):

EpicPhailure

What a coincidence. I was reading up on Pendulum and they happened to link to DeadMau5, so I read that as well.

I like the brighter version of his hat.

Delicious

Not to fond about the pixel piece, but the photoshop touchups look pretty cool; I like the mouth on them mostly.  :)
<3

NotoriousM4^

Quote from: Delicious on May 09, 2010, 03:26:37 PM
Not to fond about the pixel piece, but the photoshop touchups look pretty cool; I like the mouth on them mostly.  :)
Yeah :P I kinda rushed the pixeled one, and only added enough detail for it to be able to take form in the photoshop versions.

Looperpuck

Heres a couple things Ive done in the meantime away from stick-online...Seeing as I cant play, I still wanted to have fun with stick online, so I tried out the style of shading and I came up with these.

Heres a knight helmet The one on the left is 2 pixels, and the one on the right is 1.

Heres a Gladiator helmet, One on the left is 1 pixel, and the one on the right is 2.

Heres some sort of helmet, One on the left is 1 pixel, and the one on the right is 2.

~Looperpuck
Resurrected

EpicPhailure

Have you tried no outline?