News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Your Creations

Started by Delicious, September 14, 2009, 08:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkTrinity

Did this for a contest Lunia is having(winner gets their picture as one of the loading screens in game). Been working on this constantly the past 3 days... Contest doesn't end til August 8th though.

Scotty

Not bad.  The only constructive criticism I'd give is that the pail hair and skin tone doesn't jive too well with the immense glow the character has.

EDIT: Same applies to the book.  Hard to recognize the pages of the book with the glow.

DarkTrinity

Quote from: Scotty on July 25, 2010, 07:38:27 PM
Not bad.  The only constructive criticism I'd give is that the pail hair and skin tone doesn't jive too well with the immense glow the character has.

EDIT: Same applies to the book.  Hard to recognize the pages of the book with the glow.

Yeah.. kinda hard with the character I picked to draw... being as she is pale and has white hair... And the equipment she's wearing glows. lol.

Example:

EpicPhailure

Whoa. Is that all done without effects? The glows look impossibly realistic. That is, made by a photo editer.

Mr Pwnage

Yeah there's no way that's a drawing...but I thought you hated doing computer graphics?
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Jake

It looks drawn by hand with effects applied using photo editing.

Torch

The in-game glow is more blue than the glow in the picture. Still an incredible drawing.

Looperpuck

Looks great DT, and @ torch I don't think the blue/purple glow the character has in the original picture would match that good with the dark purple background on DT's drawing.

~Looperpuck
Resurrected

Chaos

Quote from: Jake on July 25, 2010, 11:51:32 PM

Nailed it.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

DarkTrinity

We has a winner. YOU WIN A COOKIE (>^_^)>@

Yes, I drew it out by hand, colored it with colored pencil, then proceeded to upload it to PhotoshopCS4(thanks to Scotty.lol) and then painted over it using PS, the glow I just went around her with a white brush and the smokey/wispy parts are special brushes that I downloaded from DeviantArt.

@Pwnage: I don't recall saying I ever hated computer graphics... I've actually always wanted to paint digitally, it's just a pain in the ass doing it with a mouse instead of a tablet...

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: DarkTrinity on July 26, 2010, 10:03:34 AM

Yes, I drew it out by hand, colored it with colored pencil, then proceeded to upload it to PhotoshopCS4(thanks to Scotty.lol) and then painted over it using PS, the glow I just went around her with a white brush and the smokey/wispy parts are special brushes that I downloaded from DeviantArt.

@Pwnage: I don't recall saying I ever hated computer graphics... I've actually always wanted to paint digitally, it's just a pain in the ass doing it with a mouse instead of a tablet...

Ah, cool...the combined effect looks really good too.

My only peeve with it, would be the nose and mouth are too faint. You should try to define them a little more, despite them not being so defined in your screenshot...because it's probably just camera angle. Other than that I give you have pat on the back and a slap on the ass, great work indeed.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

LeGuy

Darn good work, DT. I like the background particularly.
Whee!

EpicPhailure

Is that your character in the screenshot? =P

DarkTrinity

T-Rok

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on July 26, 2010, 10:31:50 AM
Quote from: DarkTrinity on July 26, 2010, 10:03:34 AM

Ah, cool...the combined effect looks really good too.

My only peeve with it, would be the nose and mouth are too faint. You should try to define them a little more, despite them not being so defined in your screenshot...because it's probably just camera angle. Other than that I give you have pat on the back and a slap on the ass, great work indeed.

Based on how a lot of games wit that style of art work. I doubt the character model actually has a nose. >.> So it is defined quite nicely compared to the in game model. :P