News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Your Creations

Started by Delicious, September 14, 2009, 08:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeGuy

Quick doodle I made today with Paint.NET.
Whee!

Jake

Quote from: LeGuy on July 28, 2010, 01:52:33 AM

Quick doodle I made today with Paint.NET.
I like it :)

Here's a new scene I'm working on. Just started today so it's very bare, and the city isn't developed yet.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Jake on July 29, 2010, 03:06:05 AM

Here's a new scene I'm working on. Just started today so it's very bare, and the city isn't developed yet.

Even so, the lighting is already brilliant, and great color choice.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Aqua

Click on the image for my inspiration.

It's half man... half chicken... half turtle...
I'm cereal!
~Aqua

Jake

Updated. I know the background buildings kinda suck right now. It may not look like a lot has changed, but I've spent the day working on it, lol.

EpicPhailure

Actually, it looks a lot different compared to the first image.

I kind of liked how the first background had no visible ground or horizon, so it seemed as though you were on a floor that was high up in the sky.

T-Rok

I agree with epic. It was a nice feeling, even if it is just a picture.

Jake

Haha ok, I'll fix that. It's funny though because the building is still very high in the sky, but the ground is stretched extremely far, making it appear as if it's lower than it really is. In my final render, I never planned on it being visible because there'd be so many buildings. I simply added the ground for indirect exposure. Either way, I'll make sure it's not visible.

Edit: Here's an update. I toned down the colors a bit, modified the couch and replaced it's texturing with something a little more realistic (despite the fact that it's hard to see). I added panels to the wall, thinned out the mullions dividing the outside windows. Added mullions to break up the ceiling window. Added a futuristic type plant to the scene.

DarkTrinity

That's coming along very nicely Jake, I like it :)

Aqua

You need a SO poster on the wall. Now.
Edit: Try making the furnishing on the couch red, just to see how it looks.
~Aqua

EpicPhailure

I'm liking the plant.

Lucifer

For some reason, the tallest blue spiral building in the background draws my attention away from the amazingness of everything else, I don't know why, might just be me. Other than that, looks awesome, I'm loving the plant too.

venuse

simply beautiful jake

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Lucifer on July 30, 2010, 11:17:05 PM
For some reason, the tallest blue spiral building in the background draws my attention away from the amazingness of everything else, I don't know why, might just be me. Other than that, looks awesome, I'm loving the plant too.

I was thinking the same thing too...but this piece of yours in particular has come a long way Jake, definitely the work of a mastermind.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Jake

Thanks guys.

Don't mind me, I'm just gonna be uploading the changes I've made every once in a while in this topic. If any of you are bothered by it, just let me know and I'll stop. The more criticisms the better, because I'm building up a portfolio of renders.

Changes: More realistic and earthy tones. Temporarily got rid of distracting background buildings until I make my final renditions. Gave the floor a texture as well as tiled it. Ruffled up the cushions a bit and gave it burlap bump mapping. Modified the lighting.

Suggestions on any additions to the scene?