News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Your Creations

Started by Delicious, September 14, 2009, 08:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EpicPhailure

I'm liking this new color scheme. Maybe just to add to the Futuristic Nature thing you have going on already, maybe add a lone flower to the grass.

But anyway, how are you not hired full-time, sir?

Jake

Quote from: EpicPhailure on July 31, 2010, 12:13:43 AM
I'm liking this new color scheme. Maybe just to add to the Futuristic Nature thing you have going on already, maybe add a lone flower to the grass.

But anyway, how are you not hired full-time, sir?
Believe it or not, what I've done so far is pretty average in terms of skill required.

EpicPhailure

Did it take you that long to create the scene up until now?

Oh, and now that I look at it closely, the most foreground shadow from the dividers in the window looks odd because of the dithering or w/e you did there.

Jake

Quote from: EpicPhailure on July 31, 2010, 12:24:01 AM
Did it take you that long to create the scene up until now?
Around 3 days or so?

QuoteOh, and now that I look at it closely, the most foreground shadow from the dividers in the window looks odd because of the dithering or w/e you did there.
Not really dithering, it's to account for the fact that the light source isn't a spec, but rather a spherical object with size to it (aka, the sun). Therefore, I gave the shadows a little bit of blur to them as they get farther away from the lightsource. I don't know if I like it either, but I figure it's more realistic.

EpicPhailure

Quote from: Jake on July 31, 2010, 12:34:42 AM
QuoteOh, and now that I look at it closely, the most foreground shadow from the dividers in the window looks odd because of the dithering or w/e you did there.
Not really dithering, it's to account for the fact that the light source isn't a spec, but rather a spherical object with size to it (aka, the sun). Therefore, I gave the shadows a little bit of blur to them as they get farther away from the lightsource. I don't know if I like it either, but I figure it's more realistic.

Sounds about right. The scattering itself though is a little bit too sharp I think.

Aqua

For such a fancy condo like room, I wouldn't expect the tiles to be that uneven.
~Aqua

Jake

Quote from: Aqua on July 31, 2010, 01:21:22 AM
For such a fancy condo like room, I wouldn't expect the tiles to be that uneven.
~Aqua
Your so right dude. I was wondering if anyone would notice that haha. I wanted to make them very slightly uneven because nothing in life is perfect, but I outdid it.

venuse

im probably the only one but i actually liked the other textures more with the green sofa, too me it looked like it was more vibrant and kinda futuristic, the new textures seem really drab, although i am a sucker for futuristic looking stuff. not sure how i feel about the tiles, the uneveness looks cool because at first you kinda have alittle mind trip thinking you are seeing stuff but then its the tiles that are off and not you just seeing stuff. although i like the new blue sky background, those buildings just got in the way of the piece.

Aqua

Vibrant colors are fine, but I said to change the couch because it was green and the stripe on the wall was red. Try to avoid having inverts near each other.
~Aqua

T-Rok

Quote from: venuse on July 31, 2010, 09:47:41 AM
im probably the only one but i actually liked the other textures more with the green sofa, too me it looked like it was more vibrant and kinda futuristic, the new textures seem really drab, although i am a sucker for futuristic looking stuff. not sure how i feel about the tiles, the uneveness looks cool because at first you kinda have alittle mind trip thinking you are seeing stuff but then its the tiles that are off and not you just seeing stuff. although i like the new blue sky background, those buildings just got in the way of the piece.

I'm going to agree with Venuse, the green to me looked more futuristic. Almost as if "You can't touch anything but this green".

DarkTrinity

Quote from: venuse on July 31, 2010, 09:47:41 AM

I like it the way it is, I agree it looks less futuristic, but the greeny/blues gives it a more calming feeling, more like being in a spa. And I believe he said that he IS putting the background city back in, just not until it's further rendered.

@Aqua: It depends on the type of feeling you're trying to give the picture... At least with painting, putting complimentary(inverted) colors next to or near each other creates tension in a picture. So if you want an upbeat, high energy picture, then it works. I don't know Jake's intentions with his picture, so it could be either way.

Jake

ARTgames

There is not any fire or water effects. What kind of 3D molder are you. >: )!

EpicPhailure

That city looks cool so far. If you added more of the background rectangular buildings, it'd have more of the cluttered futuristic look.

Jake

Quote from: ARTgames on July 31, 2010, 10:40:21 PM
There is not any fire or water effects. What kind of 3D molder are you. >: )!
Sorry :/ Here's a video of mine with fire effects.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N54icJE74MI