News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Your Creations

Started by Delicious, September 14, 2009, 08:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aqua

Quote from: EpicPhailure on August 03, 2010, 12:20:06 PM
Maybe a glowing moss growing on the trunk of the tree.

Although it doesn't really fit with the setting. To me, it looks like the tree is in a valley, and glowing moss is usually found in cavernous areas.
Trees like that don't commonly exist, I think moss's usual ecosystem is the least of the problems.
Quote from: Delicious on August 03, 2010, 04:50:24 AM
Quote from: Chaos on August 03, 2010, 04:39:40 AM
Quote from: Delicious on August 03, 2010, 03:56:39 AM
The secondary light source idea is good, however where will this light source be coming from? It'll look odd having one without anything creating the light. 

A lantern hanging on one of the branches, mayhaps?
Not bad, however lanterns are man-made and I want this tree to be undiscovered. Perhaps the treasure could glow? Thus the tree will gain a lightsource. A lantern would be fairly small in the scene, considering the size of the tree.
Just realized. Treasure is usually man-made too. What kind of treasure are you thinking?
~Aqua

DarkTrinity

Quote from: Aqua on August 03, 2010, 01:06:54 PM
Quote from: Delicious on August 03, 2010, 04:50:24 AM
Quote from: Chaos on August 03, 2010, 04:39:40 AM
Quote from: Delicious on August 03, 2010, 03:56:39 AM
The secondary light source idea is good, however where will this light source be coming from? It'll look odd having one without anything creating the light. 

A lantern hanging on one of the branches, mayhaps?
Not bad, however lanterns are man-made and I want this tree to be undiscovered. Perhaps the treasure could glow? Thus the tree will gain a lightsource. A lantern would be fairly small in the scene, considering the size of the tree.
Just realized. Treasure is usually man-made too. What kind of treasure are you thinking?
~Aqua

That's what I was wondering too. But with any kind of treasure, if theres just a pile of it lying there, how did it get there besides by human?
Could be a leprechaun I suppose... ;P

ARTgames

Something on fire would be a good non man made 2ed light source on the tree. Or a rip in the ground with a red/yellow glow being emitted out of it.

Or you can do what most people do and make random fluorescent looking stuff.

T-Rok

Why does the scene need another light source? I think that shark looks like crap with it. >.>

Lingus

Why is everyone trying to invent a way to add a secondary light source. It's not even necessary. The lighting looks awesome the way it is. Obviously, if his plan was to have a secondary source of illumination from the beginning then it would make sense, but there's no reason to invent something that would add that. It would make the image seem tacked onto.

Btw, I have to point out (and quite frankly I'm surprised no one has yet) but the tree top looks like a pair of boobs.

Just sayin'...

Aqua

Quote from: ARTgames on August 03, 2010, 01:39:31 PM
Something on fire would be a good non man made 2ed light source on the tree. Or a rip in the ground with a red/yellow glow being emitted out of it.

Or you can do what most people do and make random fluorescent looking stuff.
Fire would be a bit more chaotic, as it is less controlled (unless with humans), and this I doubt Delicious had a chaotic scene in mind.
Random glowing stuff would work, but it gives the mysterious theme, which I doubt Delicious had in mind as well :/.
Based on a sketch (high resolution):

~Aqua

T-Rok

Quote from: Lingus on August 03, 2010, 01:53:16 PM
Why is everyone trying to invent a way to add a secondary light source. It's not even necessary. The lighting looks awesome the way it is. Obviously, if his plan was to have a secondary source of illumination from the beginning then it would make sense, but there's no reason to invent something that would add that. It would make the image seem tacked onto.

Btw, I have to point out (and quite frankly I'm surprised no one has yet) but the tree top looks like a pair of boobs.

Just sayin'...

Hahahaha, they do look like a pair of boobs. I think Delicious may have had something on his mind when he made it. :P

Chaos

Just sayin'...

Wasn't, just thought I'd throw my suggestion out there since we were on the subject.  Frankly, I think it looks perfectly fine as is.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Delicious

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. Well, when I said man-made, I ment something that existed far before lanterns were invented - Something extremely ancient.

Darn, now the boobs will never be unseen. Must fix that.  :(
<3

EpicPhailure

Quote from: Delicious on August 03, 2010, 04:39:28 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, guys. Well, when I said man-made, I ment something that existed far before lanterns were invented - Something extremely ancient.

Darn, now the boobs will never be unseen. Must fix that.  :(

First the purple dragon, and now the trees?! What sick person are you?!

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: EpicPhailure on August 03, 2010, 04:46:42 PM
Quote from: Delicious on August 03, 2010, 04:39:28 PM

Darn, now the boobs will never be unseen. Must fix that.  :(

First the purple dragon, and now the trees?! What sick person are you?!

Haha, his avatar does have a nice pair of nipples doesn't it?!
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Jake

Any last criticisms before I do my final render? Color choice? lighting? Objects in the scene?

venuse

love it but may try making some of the background buildings metalic look or something else no sure.

EpicPhailure

The crease thing in the couch is awkward. I know you're trying to go for a non-perfect thing, but it already looks that way in the cushions without the crease.

ARTgames

I agree but i thought he was asking.

Also there no reason why there cant be two suns.