News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Your Creations

Started by Delicious, September 14, 2009, 08:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake

Quote from: venuse on August 03, 2010, 06:25:27 PM
love it but may try making some of the background buildings metalic look or something else no sure.
ah good idea! I'll do that.

Quote from: EpicPhailure on August 03, 2010, 06:34:28 PM
The crease thing in the couch is awkward. I know you're trying to go for a non-perfect thing, but it already looks that way in the cushions without the crease.
Your right, I was thinking that too. I'll take it out, or make it more subtle.

Scotty

Quote from: Jake on August 03, 2010, 06:40:29 PM
Quote from: EpicPhailure on August 03, 2010, 06:34:28 PM
The crease thing in the couch is awkward. I know you're trying to go for a non-perfect thing, but it already looks that way in the cushions without the crease.
Your right, I was thinking that too. I'll take it out, or make it more subtle.

Or you could add coffee stains, dead carcasses, bloody smeared hand-prints on the walls, naked women severed in half at the waist, and pedo-bear and I think it'll make that crease in the couch a bit more suitable!

Delicious

Quote from: EpicPhailure on August 03, 2010, 04:46:42 PM
Quote from: Delicious on August 03, 2010, 04:39:28 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, guys. Well, when I said man-made, I ment something that existed far before lanterns were invented - Something extremely ancient.

Darn, now the boobs will never be unseen. Must fix that.  :(

First the purple dragon, and now the trees?! What sick person are you?!
I guess I am sick, and I don't even realize it. Or, this community is so perverted that they see dicks and boobs in anything/everything I produce... But I'm sure I'm just sick.  :'(
<3

Aqua

Quote from: Jake on August 03, 2010, 06:11:06 PM

Any last criticisms before I do my final render? Color choice? lighting? Objects in the scene?
The baseboard on the left has an odd texture, looks like grass. It's distracting to try to understand what it is. Maybe make it the same beige as the wall?
I still think the robot is out of place. How about in the wall boards, have glass display cases with things such as the robot?
There is a reflection at the bottom in the tile. The lights in the ceiling are not noticeable for whatever reason, and the reflection doesn't line up with the sky scape glare. I suggest removing that light source, or making it more easy to understand.
~Aqua

Jake

Quote from: Aqua on August 03, 2010, 07:27:37 PM
The baseboard on the left has an odd texture, looks like grass. It's distracting to try to understand what it is. Maybe make it the same beige as the wall?
I still think the robot is out of place. How about in the wall boards, have glass display cases with things such as the robot?
There is a reflection at the bottom in the tile. The lights in the ceiling are not noticeable for whatever reason, and the reflection doesn't line up with the sky scape glare. I suggest removing that light source, or making it more easy to understand.
~Aqua
Thanks for the detailed criticism.

-On the left at the bottom of the window frame is a groove where grass grows along the outside edge. It looks like grass because it is grass :p
-What about the robot seems out of place? I've gotten a lot of comments from people that say they really like it as is.
-The lights on the ceiling aren't noticeable because they're off, because it's the day. At night is when they come on.
-I actually did a no-no with the lens-flare, which is what I assume your talking about. I made it appear to be the sun, while also having another direct source of light off to the left of the view, which also appears to be the sun. It basically causes some confusion as to where the light is really coming from.

Aqua

You're going to have to take my word for it that the robot adds nothing to the scene, but it does take away.
More thoughts.
~Aqua

EpicPhailure

You just butchered that image. I don't even see some of what you're pointing out xd

Jake

Quote from: Aqua on August 03, 2010, 11:05:32 PM
You're going to have to take my word for it that the robot adds nothing to the scene, but it does take away.
More thoughts.
~Aqua
Oh wow!

I already mentioned that the lens flare doesn't match up with the direct source of light. It was an afterthought that I threw in with photoshop. The true lightsource, like I said earlier, is coming from the left, therefore all reflections and shadows are created by it. Did you make that picture before reading what I said?

As for taking your word that the robot adds nothing to the scene, I think I'll pass. And the grass is for decoration of course. It also helps balance out the green on the right side.

Your other criticisms are duly noted. Thanks!

ARTgames

Errg I think the image looks just fine Jake.

Chaos

Personally, it looks more like Aqua is just looking for things to complain about...   :-\

Other than the lens flare, which I agree does not fit, I think the image looks perfectly fine.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

T-Rok

Quote from: Chaos on August 04, 2010, 12:58:25 AM
Personally, it looks more like Aqua is just looking for things to complain about...   :-\

Other than the lens flare, which I agree does not fit, I think the image looks perfectly fine.

You know what they say. Those who can't, well they are critics. Aqua should sign up to be a food critic in France. I think he would do a lovely job.

Cactuscat222

Considering Jake is looking to use the render as part of his portfolio, I think Aqua's criticisms are entirely fair and justified. Jake isn't going to get much out of it with people just going "Oh its good as is!", when he is possibly looking at a professional career.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on August 04, 2010, 01:32:07 AM
Considering Jake is looking to use the render as part of his portfolio, I think Aqua's criticisms are entirely fair and justified. Jake isn't going to get much out of it with people just going "Oh its good as is!", when he is possibly looking at a professional career.

There comes a point when it's so excessive and nit-picky that it is just pure obnoxiousness. I understand that when building a portfolio quality is key, but Aqua seems to be making up golden rules simply for the sake of having more to say, which really isn't that helpful...in my opinion anyways.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

ARTgames

The lens flare is the only thing I agree with is not so good. Also what credibility can I give Aqua's criticisms? I mean to be fair on both sides what does he know about the professional side of being a 3D artists? What values his option more than mine or our "It looks ok"?

I'm not saying he does not. I mean he might know a lot about it so please inform me about your know how. btw i feel angry tonight.

Jake

I like nit picky. It's pretty much what I've been asking for, although I can definitely see when it goes too far, haha.

Anyway, here's my final low-resolution render. I won't bother you guys anymore, except for a high-res version along with an animation.

Changes:
-Got rid of the lens flare
-Added more reflectivity to buildings, and varied some of their shades
-Got rid of the weird ripple in the couch
-Added more detail to buildings
-Improved camera perspective

Finished

Before:

Thanks everyone for the help.