News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Your Creations

Started by Delicious, September 14, 2009, 08:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinball

-Gears of War Lancer, my favorite made up game weapon.  (:

-In Gimp I tweaked the background so it wasn't as similar to the gun's color, painted the blood on it, and added the Gears of War logo.

Jake

Great work like usual Pinball, love it. What program do you use?

My only suggestion is to use something other than a square plane for the background.

Seifer

Blood would splatter a lot further than that. It's fine how it is for the most part, but I think a bit of blood here and there over the entire gun would be better.

Jake

Quote from: Seifer on August 05, 2010, 01:46:01 AM
Blood would splatter a lot further than that. It's fine how it is for the most part, but I think a bit of blood here and there over the entire gun would be better.
Oh shit, we have a blood physics expert in here! Where'd you get your training, Gears of War?

Scotty

Question for ya Pinball, I know that starting with Adobe CS4, they started to add a lot of 3D integration with their Creative Suite products, does GIMP offer any sort of comparable functionality, either natively or with plugins?

Pinball

Quote from: Jake on August 05, 2010, 01:38:20 AM
Great work like usual Pinball, love it. What program do you use?

My only suggestion is to use something other than a square plane for the background.
I use blender, and I agree that the plane wasn't the best idea.  I forgot about it, and didn't notice it until halfway rendered out and said the hell with it.

Quote from: Seifer on August 05, 2010, 01:46:01 AM
I suppose a little more blood on the gun wouldn't hurt, I'll add some if I get time.

Quote from: Scotty on August 05, 2010, 10:07:11 AM
Question for ya Pinball, I know that starting with Adobe CS4, they started to add a lot of 3D integration with their Creative Suite products, does GIMP offer any sort of comparable functionality, either natively or with plugins?
Not that I know of, the only thing 3d you can do in gimp is make basic shapes like a box, and have the canvas mapped onto it.

Lingus

Quote from: Aqua on August 04, 2010, 05:00:15 PMDid you even read all of what I said? Most of it was physics and contrast issues, which pertains to nature's 'golden rules.'

I wish people would give me the critic I am willing to give others to help them improve. There aren't colleges giving degrees on art with kids just using a pencil and paper. There are things to art which make it look better.

etc...
Aqua, I think the main point (as Jake kind of hinted at) is that many of your suggestions are assuming too much. Given, there are definitely rules to art, but some of those rules can (and probably should) be broken (mainly refering to style rules here, not the physics rules, but even those can be broken too depending on the piece.)

I don't know, it seems like Jake took some of your "physics" based comments and ignored your "style" based comments. So all in all your comments were taken as they should have been. Jake will determine the style of his piece. But the other critiques seemed to be appreciated.

DarkTrinity

I'm a little late here, but my critique on Jake's piece would be to add some smaller buildings in the background or something, with less detail.(giving some atmospheric perspective in the picture) It kinda looks like the city just stops and there's nothing. Since the horizon line would be at your eye level, which is basically where that gold stripe is on the wall, I'd imagine there would still be ground there no matter how high up this building is.
Also odd that there are no buildings close to the one us viewers are "standing in" or any of the same height, but that's probably just me over-thinking things...lol.

And, I like the robot, he's cute, like a little puppy waiting at your feet ;3

Jake

Quote from: DarkTrinity on August 05, 2010, 03:23:41 PM
I'm a little late here, but my critique on Jake's piece would be to add some smaller buildings in the background or something, with less detail.(giving some atmospheric perspective in the picture) It kinda looks like the city just stops and there's nothing. Since the horizon line would be at your eye level, which is basically where that gold stripe is on the wall, I'd imagine there would still be ground there no matter how high up this building is.
Also odd that there are no buildings close to the one us viewers are "standing in" or any of the same height, but that's probably just me over-thinking things...lol
You just nailed everything that's wrong with the background. It needs work.

Scotty

I was actually thinking something similar, only mine comes in the form of a tasty main course of syphilis!

Mystery

Again, excellent job Pinball, +rep. The only problem I have with it is like Seifer said, the blood splatter doesn't look realistic. Other than that, I have no criticism to offer.

Quote from: Scotty on August 05, 2010, 05:52:58 PM

I was actually thinking something similar, only mine comes in the form of a tasty main course of syphilis!
...How does that make any sense whatsoever? I know that was intended to be a joke, but still. Syphilis is an STD, not a material being, so syphilis can't wait at your feet. ...Are you saying you like syphilis? I expect more from you than that, Scotty. That's a Mr. Pwnage-level joke right there.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

T-Rok

Quote from: Mystery on August 05, 2010, 09:10:31 PM
Again, excellent job Pinball, +rep. The only problem I have with it is like Seifer said, the blood splatter doesn't look realistic. Other than that, I have no criticism to offer.

...How does that make any sense whatsoever? I know that was intended to be a joke, but still. Syphilis is an STD, not a material being, so syphilis can't wait at your feet. ...Are you saying you like syphilis? I expect more from you than that, Scotty. That's a Mr. Pwnage-level joke right there.

Actually, I saw someone named Syphilis once. So I would consider it a material being. xD

DarkTrinity

Quote from: T-Rok on August 05, 2010, 09:32:33 PM

Actually, I saw someone named Syphilis once. So I would consider it a material being. xD

That poor bastard... His/her parents should be shot.

Mystery

Quote from: T-Rok on August 05, 2010, 09:32:33 PM

Haha, wow. That's just sad.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Mr Pwnage

Needless to say...that was a Mystery-level comment. ;)
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php