News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Your Creations

Started by Delicious, September 14, 2009, 08:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotty

Quote from: Pinball on August 10, 2010, 01:05:57 AM
Looking over the noob to pro wiki, I forgot that it's all done with version 2.49 or before.  The newer version has a different gui so you might have to search around for a button, the hot-keys should all work though, except adding a mesh is now shift A instead of space-bar.  Basically the horizontal bar on the bottom of the older version is now the vertical bar on the right in the newer one.

This page explains where most of it went from version to version.
http://www.blenderguru.com/whered-that-button-go/

It appears as though the most recent version in Ubuntu is 2.49b, built on 2010-01-21.  I think I'll be good in that regard.

ARTgames

@pinball
I added you on my msn if you dont mind. I would like to ask you computer wise things.

Cactuscat222

I might just have to give Blender another go.

@Scotty - Yeah, you heard right. Blender is really dang powerful, just it has a rather large learning curve.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Aqua

I present to you, the Glob.

I don't plan on doing any core changes, as I already have completed 9 of his animations.
~Aqua

EpicPhailure

http://epicphailage.deviantart.com/#/d2wkr52

This is my entry for the Toshiba laptop skin contest on DeviantArt. Basically, they want you to create a skin for their laptop. First, second, and third place winners will get the same laptop, a 1-year DA membership, and varying amounts of DA points as well as cash.

I'm aiming for the laptop. But competition is fierce, and the deadline is half a month away D:

Seifer

I would never do an art competition on DA. Your chances are so slim, too many amazing artists their.

EpicPhailure

Yeah, but at least it gets me attention from other artists.

And who knows. Many good looking ones (a lot are way better than mine) used other pictures or stocks and merely put it together. If not, they used brushes. Only a small amount of them probably made it 100% themselves.

Scotty

Quote from: Seifer on August 17, 2010, 01:34:14 PM
I would never do an art competition on DA. Your chances are so slim, too many amazing artists their.

Do an art competition on DA to win?  Who gives a shit about winning!  DA is one of the best and easiest places to get recognized if you are good at art!

EpicPhailure

Quote from: Scotty on August 17, 2010, 03:10:41 PM

Do an art competition on DA to win?  Who gives a shit about winning!  DA is one of the best and easiest places to get recognized if you are good at art!

:U

Aqua

DA is one of the best and easiest places to get recognized if you are good at art!
Yeah, because there's a lot of untalented art on there. Just put something decent up there and it makes you look like Da Vinci.
http://browse.deviantart.com/digitalart/pixelart/
Makes SO's graphics look professional.
Atm, there are 4 on that page at least which aren't pixel art. Stats on them.
~Aqua

Scotty

Quote from: Aqua on August 17, 2010, 03:21:16 PM

DA is one of the best and easiest places to get recognized if you are good at art!
Yeah, because there's a lot of untalented art on there. Just put something decent up there and it makes you look like Da Vinci.
~Aqua

Couldn't quite tell if that first sentence was sarcasm or not, but I will say that I know a couple who peruse DA looking for good talent, and I'd imagine that if people do it as a hobby to see who they can learn from, there must be others at a more professional level who do the same for alternative purposes (i.e. recruiting and such).

Question regarding the stats you linked.  Are the color tables all the colors used in the pixel art?  If so, holy hell!!!  That's a lot of freaking detail they put into it!  I guess I don't have the eye to pick out the enormous quantity of different colors, that's really impressive!

Aqua

Quote from: Scotty on August 17, 2010, 03:53:02 PM
Quote from: Aqua on August 17, 2010, 03:21:16 PM

~Aqua

Couldn't quite tell if that first sentence was sarcasm or not, but I will say that I know a couple who peruse DA looking for good talent, and I'd imagine that if people do it as a hobby to see who they can learn from, there must be others at a more professional level who do the same for alternative purposes (i.e. recruiting and such).

Question regarding the stats you linked.  Are the color tables all the colors used in the pixel art?  If so, holy hell!!!  That's a lot of freaking detail they put into it!  I guess I don't have the eye to pick out the enormous quantity of different colors, that's really impressive!
Can't quite tell if that second paragraph is sarcasm, but having a pixel art with over 15000 colors is probably not pixel art. I've seen a few pieces with over 200, but only like 6. And the quality of those is terrible. They are not pixel art, not even color reduced.

There is talent on DA, but it's rather drowned by the rest of the submissions. Thus I don't really check DA at all, and have lost 2 accounts on it already over the past several years. I don't even know the password of my current account, I've just been logged in forever.
~Aqua

Delicious

Most professional pixel artists are also found on DA. The only reason why the site contains junk is because DA doesn't filter it out unlike Pixel Joint. The population of that site is just so crowded. It's a real shame to see scribbles in MS Paint be noted as pixel art.

Anyways, this is my entry for the weekly challenge going on at Pixel Joint. We have to make some sort of slimy monster, unfortunately mine isn't all that slimy looking.

<3

DarkTrinity

I would just like to point out that this: http://fool.deviantart.com/art/iso-castle-75849130?q=boost%3Apopular+in%3Adigitalart%2Fpixelart&qo=2
Is epic win & godly.

But I guess people realized that because it's gotten a Daily Deviation in the past... lol.

I guess one of my biggest issues with DA is the art thieves. While I've never had any work stolen (that I know of), some of the Deviants I watch have had their work stolen. One of the thieves was even making money off of the person's work.
Another person I watch has had many of his works stolen, a small unknown band even stole one of his works for their CD cover.

I've noticed it to be a rather large problem on DA :/

Delicious

Art theives are common everywhere. I've actually had a good number of my work stolen or edited with minor changes. I'm flattered and angry at the same time.  ;)
<3