News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Your Creations

Started by Delicious, September 14, 2009, 08:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkTrinity

It's kinda like how I drew a portrait of my friend for a project in highschool & my teacher hung it in the hallway and all her friends said it was really good and asked if she drew it. She started off telling people I drew it, but then supposedly got tired of telling people I drew it, so she just started saying she drew it...
Idk, I could just be overreacting, but I got really pissed about that(although I never said anything to her). And I'm pretty sure she only started saying she drew it, because the boy she like asked her about it... which if true, is pretty shallow to me... -.-

Anyways, yea, art thieves are common everywhere, but at least with DA you can hit the Report button and have it removed. But they've actually nominated a stolen work as a Daily Deviation once... lol. And then it's funny how people steal well known artworks and think they won't get caught... it's like... DUH. x.x

Lingus

Quote from: DarkTrinity on August 19, 2010, 06:49:06 PM
It's kinda like how I drew a portrait of my friend for a project in highschool & my teacher hung it in the hallway and all her friends said it was really good and asked if she drew it. She started off telling people I drew it, but then supposedly got tired of telling people I drew it, so she just started saying she drew it...
Idk, I could just be overreacting, but I got really pissed about that(although I never said anything to her). And I'm pretty sure she only started saying she drew it, because the boy she like asked her about it... which if true, is pretty shallow to me... -.-
Wait, your teacher said she did it, or your friend that the portrait was of? Either way, pretty lame. I would've called them out on it.

DarkTrinity

Quote from: Lingus on August 19, 2010, 06:52:17 PM
Quote from: DarkTrinity on August 19, 2010, 06:49:06 PM
Wait, your teacher said she did it, or your friend that the portrait was of? Either way, pretty lame. I would've called them out on it.

My best friend at the time, the girl I drew. Now, we don't even talk to eachother...lol

Aqua

Quote from: Delicious on August 19, 2010, 02:45:37 PM
The population of that site is just so crowded. It's a real shame to see scribbles in MS Paint be noted as pixel art.
It's sadder that they keep scribbles made in Photoshop with thousands of colors noted as pixel art.
Quote from: Delicious on August 19, 2010, 02:45:37 PM
Anyways, this is my entry for the weekly challenge going on at Pixel Joint. We have to make some sort of slimy monster, unfortunately mine isn't all that slimy looking.

Looks great, I love the water perspective. How'd your giant tree go?

Quote from: DarkTrinity on August 19, 2010, 05:11:12 PM
I would just like to point out that this: http://fool.deviantart.com/art/iso-castle-75849130?q=boost%3Apopular+in%3Adigitalart%2Fpixelart&qo=2
Is epic win & godly.
There are some very talented pixel artists out there, but in my opinion, Fool has some of the best art. For instance, I don't think anyone could have done what he did with 'Last Room,' let alone with just 19 colors.

Fortunately I haven't had to deal with art theft at all, but I keep my stuff pretty quiet.
~Aqua

Jake

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agnv-lPz7QA
Animation in progress. Bad quality, because it takes SO LONG to render. I'd be completely done with the thing by now if I didn't have to wait around.

Scotty

EpicPhailure

I don't think you animated all of the keys for the piano in the beginning. They look a little iffy too. Also, the flowers in the grassfield are flat. I like it so far, it definitely fits with the atmosphere of the music.

What song is that by the way? A personal project or a friend's?

Seifer

Yep. The keys, or at least not all of them go with the song, and it looks off. Also, there are much to many stars. No night sky looks like that.

Jake

Quote from: Seifer on August 23, 2010, 04:20:14 PM
Yep. The keys, or at least not all of them go with the song, and it looks off.
Yeah I thought they might be a tad bit off. I'll fix that up.

QuoteAlso, there are much to many stars. No night sky looks like that.
And a piano can't play by itself in the middle of the ocean  :D

I'm not going for total realism, so stuff like that isn't really important. Thanks for the advice though, I may lower the amount a bit.

EpicPhailure: Song is by Yann Tierse. It's called Summer 78 I believe, and was featured in the German movie Goodbye Lenin. And your right... those daisy's are too flat.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Jake on August 23, 2010, 02:24:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agnv-lPz7QA
Animation in progress. Bad quality, because it takes SO LONG to render. I'd be completely done with the thing by now if I didn't have to wait around.

The opening cut-scene to Nightfall Online 2!!! Sweet!!! I knew it would come!!!
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Scotty

Also, there are much to many stars. No night sky looks like that.

On the contrary, one of the rare things I can say was fascinating about Iraq is the fact that it is bone dry, and no humidity, you can see EVERYTHING.  I'm not joking when I say you can damn near read a book at midnight with the amount of light that's out from all the stars.

LeGuy

Quote from: Scotty on August 23, 2010, 09:36:12 PM
Also, there are much to many stars. No night sky looks like that.

On the contrary, one of the rare things I can say was fascinating about Iraq is the fact that it is bone dry, and no humidity, you can see EVERYTHING.  I'm not joking when I say you can damn near read a book at midnight with the amount of light that's out from all the stars.

I've had essentially one experience like that, with the stars completely visible, in my life. I was in the mountains in this place in Virginia. It's this little rural valley community that (thankfully) the tourist population is completely unaware of and uninterested in, and a large amount of people there legitimately own cows, among other livestock. The point is, no pollution, no city lights, etc., and for some reason, the conditions were just right on this particular night. It was spectacular. Honestly, in hindsight, I took it for granted, because I don't know when or if I'll ever see that sort of sky again.
Whee!

DarkTrinity

Yep. The keys, or at least not all of them go with the song, and it looks off. Also, there are much to many stars. No night sky looks like that.

Get out of the cities.

Also, I've been working on drawing the Lunia character's realistically.
They aren't done yet(being as there are 16 characters I probably won't do them all either), but I have 2 in progress so far.

This is Eir the healer

This is Arien the archer

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: DarkTrinity on August 23, 2010, 10:31:13 PM
This is Arien the archer

Very nice, but if I may nit-pick...

Not saying it is necessarily incorrect placement, but the eye hiding behind the nose in this picture looks awkward to me for whatever reason. Could be the angle you drew it at...but it almost looks like the eyelid is shut too much.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Jake

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on August 24, 2010, 01:52:33 PM
Quote from: DarkTrinity on August 23, 2010, 10:31:13 PM
This is Arien the archer

Very nice, but if I may nit-pick...

Not saying it is necessarily incorrect placement, but the eye hiding behind the nose in this picture looks awkward to me for whatever reason. Could be the angle you drew it at...but it almost looks like the eyelid is shut too much.
I think this is an example of our eyes playing tricks on us, nothing is actually wrong with the drawing.