News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Your Creations

Started by Delicious, September 14, 2009, 08:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkTrinity

Quote from: Jake on August 24, 2010, 02:47:48 PM
Quote from: Mr Pwnage on August 24, 2010, 01:52:33 PM
Quote from: DarkTrinity on August 23, 2010, 10:31:13 PM
This is Arien the archer

Very nice, but if I may nit-pick...

Not saying it is necessarily incorrect placement, but the eye hiding behind the nose in this picture looks awkward to me for whatever reason. Could be the angle you drew it at...but it almost looks like the eyelid is shut too much.
I think this is an example of our eyes playing tricks on us, nothing is actually wrong with the drawing.

Granted I AM looking at reference pictures to draw these. Although it is possible that I'm not drawing them entirely accurately. People also have told me Eir's shoulders are not wide enough/her head is too big. I'm not sure if that's just because she's at a funny angle, or if her head actually does look too big...

T-Rok

I'm surprised he nit picked Arien. I thought Arien looked quite awesome. Eir on otherhand, does seem to be one of the things you mentioned. I can't really pick anything wrong out of it, but it looks awkward.

EpicPhailure

Quote from: T-Rok on August 24, 2010, 10:11:05 PM
I'm surprised he nit picked Arien. I thought Arien looked quite awesome. Eir on otherhand, does seem to be one of the things you mentioned. I can't really pick anything wrong out of it, but it looks awkward.

Yeah, I found it weird too. I think it's the face. Most prominently, the nose and mouth. Not delicate enough, I think.

ARTgames

They eye lashes on the other side look wired to me.

Pinball

Quote from: DarkTrinity on August 24, 2010, 07:23:07 PM
Granted I AM looking at reference pictures to draw these. Although it is possible that I'm not drawing them entirely accurately.
Since the face is in a normal pose you could use the other parts of the face to check if the eye is in the correct position.  Simply draw a line from one point to the opposite point, for example one side of the lips to the other side.  Repeat for the bottom of the nose, eyes, and the top of the eyebrows.  Once done all lines should all be around the same angle.  If you do this with your drawing you will see the eye and eyebrow lines are angled too much compared to the lip/nose angle.

Anyways great drawings, keep it up.

Seifer

About the stars. Guys, I grew up in Goderich, I'm talking small, farming community, no buildings higher than 4-5 stories most likely. Don't tell me to get out of the city. I've been on farms out in the middle of nowhere at night, and it never looks that dense. A star here, a star there, but not everywhere.

JoEL

Quote from: Seifer on August 25, 2010, 06:52:15 AM
About the stars. Guys, I grew up in Goderich, I'm talking small, farming community, no buildings higher than 4-5 stories most likely. Don't tell me to get out of the city. I've been on farms out in the middle of nowhere at night, and it never looks that dense. A star here, a star there, but not everywhere.

I reckon it depends, some nights I can see many stars in the sky, like possibly 1 every few centimeters of space (from my point of view). Other nights they would be several metres apart.

DarkTrinity

Ok, well when I go up to northern Minnesota, the stars look a lot like that. maybe not so many big ones, but they are that close.

Scotty

Humidity.  I guarantee humidity plays a large factor in how clear a night's sky is.  If it is bone dry, there is nothing to block the light, and it is clear as day.  Being that this is farm-country, as well as Canada, it is doubtful that you have many evenings where humidity is at a factor of negative moist.  When you see a dry sky at night, and how bright it is from all the stars, you begin to understand just how much there is out there.

DarkTrinity

Quote from: Scotty on August 25, 2010, 12:31:03 PM

Humidity.  I guarantee humidity plays a large factor in how clear a night's sky is.  If it is bone dry, there is nothing to block the light, and it is clear as day.  Being that this is farm-country, as well as Canada, it is doubtful that you have many evenings where humidity is at a factor of negative moist.  When you see a dry sky at night, and how bright it is from all the stars, you begin to understand just how much there is out there.

Especially in the milky way :O
And actually, this brings me to this picture: http://nzeman.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2wk3lm
A picture that recently got a DD on DeviantArt. It's actually a picture of the milky way taken from Rocky Mountain national park during a meteor shower. I love this picture, it's pretty amazing, IMO.

EpicPhailure

Favorites aren't working for me.

Delicious

Been quite lazy lately, especially since I'm going to head on vacation in a bit (!). Anyways, I've been working several hours today on this piece for my own enjoyment since I'm eager to do a pixel illustration and my motivation for the tree I was working on has dropped. I hope I can finish this one...

<3

EpicPhailure

Do you ever update Pushing the Pixels anymore? :u

Delicious

Nah, I will eventually though. It's just I don't really have much dedication to update a blog constantly. My site is also still being worked on, so I'm a bit more excited for that. =P

I do, however, update my pixel joint profile constantly; So if you are ever interested it's right here - http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/17347.htm
<3

Cactuscat222

Love the face as always. I always like that look for a dragon, gloomyish looking.

Can't wait to see it finished.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here