News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Your Creations

Started by Delicious, September 14, 2009, 08:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Trogdor on September 29, 2009, 10:07:38 PM
Quote from: HamsterPants on September 29, 2009, 03:54:26 PM
I just spent the last 5 hours spriting this axe.

It's recognition to myself, that I am getting better at this.
This monster puts all my other weapons to shame.

That is simply amazing. To me, you're up there with Chaos' mad spriting abilities (though I haven't seen any recent sprites done by him). I can easily see that being used as a Mod's weapon. Keep up the great work, I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product!
Chaos pretty much only does pixel art from what he's shown me...so it's not much of a comparison. But regardless, very cool weapon concept, decent sprite, I like it.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

DarkTrinity

I don't get it... both HamsterPants & my brother sprite... How is that not a good comparison...?

Delicious

Finished a bunch of concepts (Around 12) of these weapons for a game. Here is one of them.
<3

ARTgames

do you get paid for this? I can see this stuff in a book or concept art for a piece of media.

Delicious

Not usually, it's more volunteer work to help me improve my abilities and construct a portfolio for future careers. :)
<3

flashmaniac

Delicious, you have to teach me your ways of drawing. I aspire to draw like you :)
You are truly an inspiration.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: flashmaniac on October 01, 2009, 10:32:03 AM
Delicious, you have to teach me your ways of drawing. I aspire to draw like you :)
You are truly an inspiration.
Awwwwwwwww. *tear runs down cheek*

Hella' good as always Delicious.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

Delicious

Thank you very much fellas. :)
Here is another oldie and concept work for the same game. This one is zoomed in a bit more. No line tool was used, so please excuse the jagged lines and whatever else may had happened as a result.
<3

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Delicious on October 01, 2009, 06:34:11 PM
Thank you very much fellas. :)
Here is another oldie and concept work for the same game. This one is zoomed in a bit more. No line tool was used, so please excuse the jagged lines and whatever else may had happened as a result.

All your art seems to follow the same unique style...you have many light spots all over your drawings and things look really glossy and toned. I think it's really cool...keep at it.

ARTgames

NotoriousM4^

Quote from: ARTgames on October 01, 2009, 07:04:00 PM
line tool?
In paint, or any other pixeling/graphic program a line tool lets your draw "perfect" straight/curved lines.

ARTgames

Yeah but im not sure how not using a line tool would lead to there being jagged lines when zoomed in. wouldn't you loose definition in any bit map when zoomed in or out no matter how it was made? Unless he using some vector for the outlining.

Or he was just saying he was not using a line tool.

Also @ Delicious it looks just fine to me. i really like the shading. I don't know but it must be hard to give detail to something that looks metallic like that.

EpicPhailure

Is that just a little sketch with no meaning, or did you actually have stuff like the type of weapon it is and stuff?

Delicious

It was made for a game which is still getting worked on and tweaked, I believe. I had to design weapons to fit modern day weapons though make them futuristic and original. So yea, they had and still have meaning rather then it being a "little sketch".  :P
<3

flashmaniac

Well, you have achieved your goal. They look very "modern-futuristic" (Nice new word there). Loving the light source shading effects.

I keep raging at Photoshop because it doesn't do very good "Line" drawings, it makes new layers whenever you draw a line... I should find some way to turn that off.. But, back on topic:

Very well done again.