News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Your Creations

Started by Delicious, September 14, 2009, 08:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Modern Futuristic = Post modern
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

Delicious

Don't want this topic to die, so here is a warmup of me goofing around and doodling.  :D
<3

NotoriousM4^

Quote from: Delicious on October 10, 2009, 10:36:53 PM
Don't want this topic to die, so here is a warmup of me goofing around and doodling.  :D
[Epic Pictures Here]
Pfft, do you need any criticism? I think not.  :D

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: NotoriousM4^ on October 10, 2009, 10:41:14 PM
Quote from: Delicious on October 10, 2009, 10:36:53 PM
[Epic Pictures Here]
Pfft, do you need any criticism? I think not.  :D
Yeah he does! That silly goose forgot to give that girl a second eye! (just kidding)
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Delicious

Whoops! Hehehe...
Thank you mates. Wish I could see more from other members of the community to get some eye pleasure.    ;)
Cruddy fast sketch I did a few minutes ago.. Though, I kind of liked the face for a ideal enemy monster, hmm.
<3

Scotty

I'm treaching myself Adobe Flash, and once I get anything worth mentioning, I'll gladly post them up here for constructive criticism!  Try to be kind though, I'm still learning!

JoEL

Make a flash game about boobs!

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: JoEL on October 12, 2009, 04:46:50 AM
Make a flash game about boobs!
Knowing Scotty...I am sure they are already chalk full of boobs.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

Delicious

Halloween is soon..

This was really fun to make.  :)
inspired by "Larwick"s' work.
<3

Jake

A little background I made for fun. Advice on the rock shading would be helpful.

Scotty

Quote from: Jake on October 13, 2009, 03:15:02 AM
A little background I made for fun. Advice on the rock shading would be helpful.

First off, well done.

Secondly, I don't know if it is so much the shading that is the problem.  It needs more contrast, and jagged edges.  The foremost rock is too smooth with the black outline.  It needs to be jagged to show the contrasting lines of the boulder, maybe even another dark shade of gray to help bring out the outlines better.

Just my advice, but mostly, well done Jake!

EDIT: BTW, I just noticed that the grass doesn't have a black outline when everything else does.  Not sure if that's your style, but it definitely does stand out.

Jake

Thank you! Now that I look at it properly, I completely agree with what you said.

The lack of an outline on the grass was a design choice. Does it stand out in a bad or good way?

Thanks a lot for the compliment.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Jake on October 13, 2009, 04:09:49 AM
Thank you! Now that I look at it properly, I completely agree with what you said.

The lack of an outline on the grass was a design choice. Does it stand out in a bad or good way?

Thanks a lot for the compliment.
A good way...I don't think you need to over-define the grass with a black outline, I think it's cool just the way it is...very nice work.

Delicious

What a lonely tree.  :(
I dislike the fact that it isn't pure pixel work, but it is lovely none the less.  :)
<3

ARTgames

wow its interesting how you can tell who is who by there art work. Its almost like a signature.