News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Your Creations

Started by Delicious, September 14, 2009, 08:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EpicPhailure

I feel that the clouds don't need the outline. Getting rid of the black outlines would add a more fluffy feel to it, in my opinion. Still awesome though.

Pinball

Got bored and made this bio-hazard looking guy. 

~Pin

Scotty

Quote from: EpicPhailure on October 13, 2009, 09:14:00 PM
I feel that the clouds don't need the outline. Getting rid of the black outlines would add a more fluffy feel to it, in my opinion. Still awesome though.

Actually, now that you mention it, I wonder if the only thing that warrants a black border are the rocks.  I can see what you are saying about the clouds, as it contrasts them too much, and is unnecessary, but what if the only thing that had a border was the rocks?

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Pinball on October 19, 2009, 12:11:40 AM

~Pin
Christ that's cool O__O. And why do you have 0 rep? Let's fix this, now.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Delicious

Get bored more often. The only real critic I could give is it needs texture.
Reminds me of the "Jet Set Radio Future" graphics, where they have a dark black outline and smooth models, which is pretty cool in my mind. +rep
<3

Mystery

~Pin
That is incredible. Texture's the only thing I could see needing a touch of improvement, but that's pretty minor. Yeah, you should totally get bored more often.  ;) The stuff you do is great.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Mr Pwnage

So...I am pretty new to drawing by hand, still working on it. I'm about 3 weeks in practice now, lol. I've never taken an art class before either...so just keep that in mind. Also you will see words through it because I did it on a history worksheet, lol.

Demonic General:

Everyone's gotta start somewhere... :/ I might try to add more later...it's armor is kinda of plain.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

Delicious

I am super glad that you are not afraid to show dark shadows, which is not common for beginners.
Some criticism to help you get started - The stance is okward, as nobody puts pressure equally between both feet especially considering how the angle of the body and the toes are completely different. Not only so, but don't ever hide your hands. If you can't draw them, draw them - This is a qoute from an artist, which basically means that you should draw what you cant to gain knowledge and ability on it.  :)
All in all, excellent progress from only three weeks of practice. Keep at it, man.
<3

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Delicious on October 20, 2009, 12:28:17 AM
I am super glad that you are not afraid to show dark shadows, which is not common for beginners.
Some criticism to help you get started - The stance is okward, as nobody puts pressure equally between both feet especially considering how the angle of the body and the toes are completely different. Not only so, but don't ever hide your hands. If you can't draw them, draw them - This is a qoute from an artist, which basically means that you should draw what you cant to gain knowledge and ability on it.  :)
All in all, excellent progress from only three weeks of practice. Keep at it, man.
Haha thanks...funny you noticed I put the hands behind his back cause I can't draw hands. >.< Also, I realize the feet placement is really awkward...I played around with so many angles...looking at my feet even, and couldn't get it right. I mean I haven't even exactly defined which portion is his foot yet because I can seem to draw them without them looking flat. Any suggestions?

Pinball

I suppose I could try to texture him, but bio hazard suits are rather plain and one colored and I have a rather poor imagination so err probably won't come out good..

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on October 19, 2009, 09:56:19 PM
So...I am pretty new to drawing by hand, still working on it. I'm about 3 weeks in practice now, lol. I've never taken an art class before either...so just keep that in mind. Also you will see words through it because I did it on a history worksheet, lol.
Demonic General:
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/9093/demonicgeneral.png
Everyone's gotta start somewhere... :/ I might try to add more later...it's armor is kinda of plain.
Not bad for just starting out.  The eyes, nose, and mouth try to make them more round and not made up of straight lines.  Work on your shading, the horns to me look more like they have a wide black outline around them then being shaded, then you have places where you have little to no shading like on the legs.  Like Delicious said you should try everything even the hands, if you have trouble drawing them, maybe do more of a cartoon hand where you only draw 4 fingers, then work up to the 5th one.

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on October 20, 2009, 12:57:26 AM
Haha thanks...funny you noticed I put the hands behind his back cause I can't draw hands. >.< Also, I realize the feet placement is really awkward...I played around with so many angles...looking at my feet even, and couldn't get it right. I mean I haven't even exactly defined which portion is his foot yet because I can seem to draw them without them looking flat. Any suggestions?
The shape I think is fine but it lacks any shading so it appears flat.

See in my quick mock up of your drawing, you can make out the top of the foot and the side?  As for the angles of the feet looking awkward I say the foot on the right should be rotated so it's pointing downward then to the left.  Hope I was at least a little helpful.

~Pin

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Pinball on October 20, 2009, 02:25:30 AM
I suppose I could try to texture him, but bio hazard suits are rather plain and one colored and I have a rather poor imagination so err probably won't come out good..

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on October 19, 2009, 09:56:19 PM
Demonic General:
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/9093/demonicgeneral.png
Not bad for just starting out.  The eyes, nose, and mouth try to make them more round and not made up of straight lines.  Work on your shading, the horns to me look more like they have a wide black outline around them then being shaded, then you have places where you have little to no shading like on the legs.  Like Delicious said you should try everything even the hands, if you have trouble drawing them, maybe do more of a cartoon hand where you only draw 4 fingers, then work up to the 5th one.

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on October 20, 2009, 12:57:26 AM
The shape I think is fine but it lacks any shading so it appears flat.

See in my quick mock up of your drawing, you can make out the top of the foot and the side?  As for the angles of the feet looking awkward I say the foot on the right should be rotated so it's pointing downward then to the left.  Hope I was at least a little helpful.

~Pin

Yeah thanks pin, that was really helpful. I see how you signifcantly darkened one portion of the foot to make it more round and 3d...which is exactly what I was going for...And yeah, now that I see how you've done it...I think I have to rotate the right foot (looking at it, not his actual right)...so that the stance isn't so awkward. I'll try to work on hands (5 fingers)...my problem with them is that the fingers either look obnoxious or the grip will be all off. I'll give it a try though and post it up...take it from there. Thanks for the help. :)

Lingus

Pwnage. I also have a problem drawing feet and hands. They always come out looking awkward. One thing I read about hands though, especially in drawing non-realistic looking characters (more cartoony) not all of the fingers need to be drawn. This is due to the fact that some fingers will naturally be hidden to a certain extent. So trying to draw all 10 fingers would make it look awkward. I would look at some cartooning tutorials/example specifically relating to drawing hands. I find seeing examples really helps as drawing is visual. Trying to start out just based on your imagination or images you conjure in your head can be difficult at times.

Of course, take this advice with a grain of salt. I'm not all that great at drawing either.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Lingus on October 20, 2009, 04:28:48 PM
Pwnage. I also have a problem drawing feet and hands. They always come out looking awkward. One thing I read about hands though, especially in drawing non-realistic looking characters (more cartoony) not all of the fingers need to be drawn. This is due to the fact that some fingers will naturally be hidden to a certain extent. So trying to draw all 10 fingers would make it look awkward. I would look at some cartooning tutorials/example specifically relating to drawing hands. I find seeing examples really helps as drawing is visual. Trying to start out just based on your imagination or images you conjure in your head can be difficult at times.

Of course, take this advice with a grain of salt. I'm not all that great at drawing either.
Haha, well I completely understand what your saying...one time I actually tried this and it turned out looking decent...but than I got off and a tangent of hiding too many fingers and everything I made start to look like it had crab claws...lol. Yeah...art's all about moderation and seasoning...I guess I'll have to play around with values till I can concoct something that looks nice. Thanks for the advice. :) Hmm... maybe I should draw one giant hand...*ponders*

Mystery

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on October 20, 2009, 05:02:30 PM
Quote from: Lingus on October 20, 2009, 04:28:48 PM

Haha, well I completely understand what your saying...one time I actually tried this and it turned out looking decent...but than I got off and a tangent of hiding too many fingers and everything I made start to look like it had crab claws...lol. Yeah...art's all about moderation and seasoning...I guess I'll have to play around with values till I can concoct something that looks nice. Thanks for the advice. :) Hmm... maybe I should draw one giant hand...*ponders*
You have to have a knack for it(although that is in no way needed) and practice. I'm much more skillful at drawings/pictures by hand than I am at spriting, although I'm somewhat okay.

One big things with hands that I find helpful is to sorta make an actual-size sketch of the hand you're trying to draw, and scale it down. A big problem with human hands most people have is awkward finger position or size, because they have trouble with certain scaled-down objects like that. And yes, like Lingus said, not all of anything needs to be drawn, but if it is possible to show something (because of constraints in your picture, you won't always be able to), it's smart to show it. Considering you're that new, that's a pretty good job. Keep at it.

Most of the points have already been covered by Pin and Del, who both outclass me, seeing as they're damn near professional.   :(
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Cactuscat222

A Kingdom Hearts fan, I decided to remake the Kingdom Key - The render program I used decided to make the handle too glossy, but bear with it; I am currently working on my own custom keyblade right nowD:

I also made one of my first organics, a low poly one, can't wait to animate it. Ignore the lines on the textured version right now; I should also note I am no artist when it comes to textures, and haven't the patience to spend hours on them right now, I'ma leave that work with the shaders I'm dealing with - It'll look alot better when I get the shaders on it.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here