News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Your Creations

Started by Delicious, September 14, 2009, 08:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinball

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on October 21, 2009, 12:26:47 AM
A Kingdom Hearts fan, I decided to remake the Kingdom Key - The render program I used decided to make the handle too glossy, but bear with it; I am currently working on my own custom keyblade right nowD:
Turn down the specularity and hardness of the specularity.

Cactuscat222

Quote from: Pinball on October 21, 2009, 01:00:13 AM
A Kingdom Hearts fan, I decided to remake the Kingdom Key - The render program I used decided to make the handle too glossy, but bear with it; I am currently working on my own custom keyblade right nowD:
Turn down the specularity and hardness of the specularity.

Ah, that should do it. The trouble is, I used Wings3D, which is a lovely program, but I really need something good to animate with (I just don't like Anim8or) - but for some reason, the newest version of Wings so longer has its own finished rendered, and instead exports it for other renders (the one I am using is Kerkythea), but I haven't explored much into it, and it makes it a bit more difficult to manage the finished rendering process.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Delicious

Awsome. Bumping this lively image to the next page so others dont miss it... Great concept and execution.
I need you to teach me how to do these low poly models, I really want learn.  :D (I'm being serious...)
<3

Cactuscat222

Yay, got an animation down with the guy! It's not that great of quality, considering the program I am using, but I'm sure once I through it in an engine it'll look colorful and happy (and run smoother).

EDIT: You have to click to view, it is sorta big.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on October 21, 2009, 10:53:46 PM
Yay, got an animation down with the guy! It's not that great of quality, considering the program I am using, but I'm sure once I through it in an engine it'll look colorful and happy (and run smoother).

Is he on the moon?
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

EpicPhailure

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on October 21, 2009, 10:53:46 PM

Nice heartless symbol on his chest. But yeah, the feet need more impact with a ground.

Cactuscat222

@Mr. Pwnage: :P I know what you are getting at - the animation is slower in the video that what it normally would be, I believe it plays at 24 or so FPS.

@EpicPhailure: Yeah, I noticed that too, but its mostly because of the way I have him positioned. I also just realized that his right leg seems to linger in the air for a very long time, so I'll have to fix that. This is infact my first animation  :-[

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on October 22, 2009, 03:19:53 AM
@Mr. Pwnage: :P I know what you are getting at - the animation is slower in the video that what it normally would be, I believe it plays at 24 or so FPS.

@EpicPhailure: Yeah, I noticed that too, but its mostly because of the way I have him positioned. I also just realized that his right leg seems to linger in the air for a very long time, so I'll have to fix that. This is infact my first animation  :-[
Well it's pretty good for your first...
Regarding my comment, part of it may be the FPS, but also his strides are VERY long for walking. It looks more like his skipping, if anything, maybe close the distance the legs separate from each other?
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Delicious

Cactuscat222 - Mind putting up a "WIP" of any other characters you do and show how you've done it in whatever program it is your using? I'm completely serious about me wanting to learn off of you for this, I really want to grasp low poly 3d...  :P
<3

NotoriousM4^

Quote from: Delicious on October 22, 2009, 05:57:38 PM
Cactuscat222 - Mind putting up a "WIP" of any other characters you do and show how you've done it in whatever program it is your using? I'm completely serious about me wanting to learn off of you for this, I really want to grasp low poly 3d...  :P
If you become any more artistically inclined... I might just shit enough bricks to build a house.

Delicious

Aha, I may now have to do that just to see.

(Not done)
Edit - Anyone know how to rotate an object in Wings3d?
<3

Jake

Quote from: Delicious on October 23, 2009, 01:43:04 PM

(Not done)
Amazing, my friend. Amazing.

EpicPhailure

Seriously, I think you could make your own game or something using this style of spriting/drawing.

ARTgames

Quote from: Delicious on October 23, 2009, 01:43:04 PM

(Not done)
Edit - Anyone know how to rotate an object in Wings3d?

vary good!

Delicious

Thank you guys.  ;D
Concept work for a game... It's really just a design to get an idea for the new character, rather then something that was intended to look nice. I really dislike parts on it, such as the weapon, and lower arms.. May redo the whole thing for kicks once I get time to actually commit to it more. Oh well...

<3