News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Stick Online's currency

Started by ARTgames, October 06, 2009, 05:22:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you feel about the name of stick online's currency?

keep it
7 (25%)
change it
3 (10.7%)
who the hell cares
18 (64.3%)

Total Members Voted: 27

ARTgames

Stick Online currency has always been gold. I thought of that to be a bit boring. So i would like to know what you all think. If you have any idea of another name post it.

LeGuy

Gold is a vastly overused currency term. We should have something unique.
Whee!

11clock

Who cares? We never use it at the moment.

ARTgames

11clock you dont know if thats true in stick online 3.

Scotty

First off, wrong section maybe?

This is a concept that I learned back when me and the guys (and occasional girls) would play D&D back in Highschool.  The concept is that you cannot expect users to grasp the game if you deviate too far from the norm.  What would you guys say for instance if you played a game where the night time was actually day time and day was night.  The sky was red during the day, clouds were black, the night sky was white, and stars were black.  Currency was some new found alloy not on the periodic table with a 47 syllable world that users just abbreviate to "supercalafradgulous."  Everyone's arms were on their legs, legs were on their heads and we all walked upside down with reverse gravity so to speak.  See what I'm getting at?

Sure, it's just currency and that's not that big of a deal right?  But what other option is there that isn't overused?  Would you rather keep it to something familiar like green bills, or rupees (guess the game).  Or would you rather go for something completely whacked out like poka-dotted crystal shards or plad colored anal secretion vials?  Keep in mind that if you start to go whack with this and start coming up with ways to change everything because everything is overused, just think about why it is overused.

ARTgames

well i was thinking of some nice name that hast to do with the game to jaz it up and help add to this stick world. Like in sims they have simolines, maple story has masos, or mother games have DP. Its just a name for money for a simple video game. not such a big deal. in most games they have the line " <noun here> is the money" and people understand. I even posted it in off topic just because i wanted to know other peoples opinion were and for it not to be serious. gosh : P

I mean is the idea of a different name for money any harder to grasp than any idea in the idea and suggestions section?

Mr Pwnage

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

NotoriousM4^

Not to completely shit on your topic, but... I'd rather have it stay gold. What had first attracted me to Stick-Online in the first place was it's simplicity. There isn't really a need to complicate such minor things, especially when I am quite sure there are much more bigger things Meiun has to worry about.  :-\

Mystery

Quote from: ARTgames on October 06, 2009, 07:08:22 PM
well i was thinking of some nice name that hast to do with the game to jaz it up and help add to this stick world. Like in sims they have simolines, maple story has masos, or mother games have DP.
Hate to correct you, but only Mother 3 had DP. Earthbound Zero/Mother 1 and Earthbound/Mother 2 both used dollars($).

EDIT: Also voted 'who the hell cares'.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.