News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Most badass made-up weapon in any Movie/Game?

Started by DarkBlade325, November 06, 2009, 03:24:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torch

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on November 08, 2009, 03:17:49 PM
Quote from: Torch on November 08, 2009, 12:30:42 PM
Quote from: Mr Pwnage on November 08, 2009, 12:13:27 PM
Called a Hydrogen Bomb. Pretty sure it beats your silly sword.
The hydrogen bomb is garbage. You need to let off a god damn nuke to even use the hydrogen bomb and by then, everything's already dead. It's pure overkill.
Wait, what? Can you explain that?
The nuke creates it's explosion by breaking atoms. The hydrogen bomb creates it's explosion by fusing hydrogen atoms. The only way to create enough energy to fuse hydrogen atoms is by creating a nuclear explosion.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Torch on November 08, 2009, 03:20:02 PM
The hydrogen bomb is garbage. You need to let off a god damn nuke to even use the hydrogen bomb and by then, everything's already dead. It's pure overkill.
The nuke creates it's explosion by breaking atoms. The hydrogen bomb creates it's explosion by fusing hydrogen atoms. The only way to create enough energy to fuse hydrogen atoms is by creating a nuclear explosion.
Oh neat, I didn't know that. So when they use a Hydrogen bomb, do they usually drop a nuke with it or significantly before it?
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Red October

Half right.

Fission bomb - is when two sub-critical masses of U-235 and slammed together to form a critical mass, which explodes due to a neutron going into one of the U-235 atoms starting a chain reaction.

Hydrogen bomb - is when hydrogen atoms are slammed together and fusion occurs, this creates a neutron to go into a bunch of U-235 atoms starting a chain reaction.

The result is the same, but only how the chain reaction is started is different. You must note that humans can creating any chain reactions with fusion alone, we can't build anything that has enough pressure or temperature. Fusion does create more energy compared to fission (for per mass). So that's why Fusion (H-bomb) is better.

Star Fuel Rocks!

Torch

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on November 08, 2009, 03:21:25 PM
Oh neat, I didn't know that. So when they use a Hydrogen bomb, do they usually drop a nuke with it or significantly before it?
I'm not entirely sure about that, sorry.

@Red October: That's all correct, however like I said, the only known way to get enough energy to make the hydrogen's fuse is through nuclear fission (pretty much using a nuke). The advantages of the hydrogen bomb are that it is 100% clean (does not produce radioactive waste n' stuff) and as you said, creates MUCH more energy.

Unfortunately, the hydrogen fusion can't be effectively used until we discover a clean way to fuse the hydrogens. If we did this, not only would the hydrogen bomb be the greatest weapon ever made, but energy would no longer be a problem. Electricity would be virtually free, since it would be able to be generated completely cleanly and would produce many times more energy than nuclear energy does now.

Jake

Quote from: Torch on November 08, 2009, 07:00:35 PM
Quote from: Mr Pwnage on November 08, 2009, 03:21:25 PM
I'm not entirely sure about that, sorry.

@Red October: That's all correct, however like I said, the only known way to get enough energy to make the hydrogen's fuse is through nuclear fission (pretty much using a nuke). The advantages of the hydrogen bomb are that it is 100% clean (does not produce radioactive waste n' stuff) and as you said, creates MUCH more energy.

Unfortunately, the hydrogen fusion can't be effectively used until we discover a clean way to fuse the hydrogens. If we did this, not only would the hydrogen bomb be the greatest weapon ever made, but energy would no longer be a problem. Electricity would be virtually free, since it would be able to be generated completely cleanly and would produce many times more energy than nuclear energy does now.
Yup. They say the energy that one hydrogen bomb creates is enough to run all of America for a year.

Red October

Quote from: Torch on November 08, 2009, 07:00:35 PM

The Hyrdrogen bomb is not "clean", fusion is. The hydrogen bomb is not complete fusion, therefore it's not "100%" clean.

ARTgames

Really people? Every one knows this is the best:

nuff said

Looperpuck

Quote from: ARTgames on November 08, 2009, 08:04:50 PM
Really people? Every one knows this is the best:

nuff said

Uhm, is it a vacuum cleaner ??? Not sure what it is.

~Looperpuck
Resurrected

Chaos

Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

11clock

Mr Pwnage

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

DarkTrinity

Quote from: God-I-Suck on November 09, 2009, 01:00:16 AM

I beg to differ.

I hate those... >_> They're a cheap trick for the n00bs who fail so hard at Mario Kart that they need a homing missle to even out their chances, because they can't figure out how to stay on the road.