News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Warning Fake S.O3 E-Mail

Started by Danimal, November 29, 2009, 01:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danimal

It has been brought to my attention that an E-Mail claiming to contain the beta for S.O3 is being sent to S.O fans.

!This E-Mail contains a virus, and should not be opened!

The E-Mail claims to be from Meiun, and contains a zipped folder.

If you have had this E-Mail, or know anything more about this, reply to this topic accordingly. I'll do my best to inform you of any changes.

EpicPhailure

Titan

I just got it here it is copy and pasted.

Congratulations! You are one of the few lucky donors to test out the Stick-Online V3 Beta! I've chosen you because you seem responsable on the stick-online forums.

Lots more details inside the zip (Readme.txt) Now guys there won't be  an announcement as I want to keep this quiet for now, I don't want to have any problems with the other members of the community hassling me. Also beware that it's just a beta test, so don't expect anything spectacular.

Server: Online 24/7

Link Removed by me. (Remote file host as we are running low on bandwidth)

The email is from
dustinmiller@hotmail.co.uk

Edit: I can also see all the emails its been sent to, not sure If I should post those.
But from what I can tell it looks the email was sent to- Lingus,Sword(forum?),Zac.
It was sent to ten people total.
Livin' in a lonely world.

EpicPhailure

You shouldn't paste the link. Some idiots might get to it.

Also, that's NOT Meiun's email. Or at least, I don't think so. Besides,
Quote from: Meiun1) I will almost never contact you by email unless you have contacted me first about something, in which case I will ALWAYS include all previous messages between us on the topic in my response to you.
of the fraudulent emails topic in News applies here somewhat.

Torch

Someone msn'd me about that a few hours ago. I told them it was probably a virus and that they shouldn't open it. Their status changed to "busy" and they didn't respond.

mikkelet

!@#$, I opened, downloaded and replied...

/emo

Why wasn't this set in the news >.< I checked forum frontpage before I downloaded...

EpicPhailure

Do you have any anti-virus, Mikk?

ZaC

I was stupid enough to open and not run it through AVG :L
Zac's Web Development, if your interested PM me - cheap prices !!

Titan

I would reccomend spybot for an anti-virus program.

(I think its free)

ZaC

Titan

Either way someone should send an email to all those who recived it and tell them about it, although from many it may be to late.

ZaC

It also writes itself into the start menu named :startupstick-online

You can't remove it from add or remove.

I will post how to remove it later when I have removed it :)

ARTgames

Who did this? Stick online known by little and Stick online 3 known by less. Its hast to be some one active now or once was recently.

Lucifer

Quote from: mikkelet on November 29, 2009, 01:21:20 PM
!@#$, I opened, downloaded and replied...

/emo

Why wasn't this set in the news >.< I checked forum frontpage before I downloaded...
Because you were one of the few lucky donors, silly! You should probably try downloading it again, I'm sure the virus was a mere coincidence.

I don't know what's funnier, the fact that anyone fell for this, or the choice of some of the "responsable" people it was sent to. No offense intended, ahahahahaaaXD.

Doesn't even sound like Meiun.. lmao...

jojotellier

try avast! it free anti virus i hav it that protect your computer of max capacity