News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Has something gone wrong with the coding..

Started by Riserva, November 30, 2009, 12:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riserva

.. or my computer?

I was walking on SO, and I fell through land. Also, there was half a tree on the well. :P

Mr Pwnage

This happens on really old computers. Computers running at a low bit rate. The game is meant to be played with 32 bit color...anything less, and you'll get these kinds of issues. I've seen them before too when I tried to run it on my grandparents old computer.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Riserva

I've been playing on this comp for a while. Can these things just happen?

Cactuscat222

I highly doubt this has anything to do with his bit-rate, as he is running Windows XP, and from what I can tell, not in 16-bit.

Either way, this has happened to me before, and I discovered the cause was clearing your temporary files/folders WHILE running Stick Online. This causes a loss of the map information.

Now, I can't be sure this is the same thing happening to you, but that is one reason I've seen that happen.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Delicious

Does this still occur when you reload the game? If so, try redownloading Stick-online through the same email given to you - Perhaps not all the resources downloaded correctly... (This is just a guess)

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on November 30, 2009, 02:42:29 PM
This happens on really old computers. Computers running at a low bit rate. The game is meant to be played with 32 bit color...anything less, and you'll get these kinds of issues. I've seen them before too when I tried to run it on my grandparents old computer.
Wouldn't low bit rates just distort graphics or make them invisible? Riserva had also posted that he has been falling through some of the tiles which, atleast I wouldn't think, will not effect any of the solid programming for the tileset. Also, if this has just occured it can't possibly be that his bit-rate is too low on his computer unless he was running low on virtual memory (Which I'm not even certain would occur after).

<3

Pat

You really needed to circle what was wrong, I couldn't see the problem without them.
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

ARTgames

Quote from: Pat on November 30, 2009, 11:29:46 PM
You really needed to circle what was wrong, I couldn't see the problem without them.

That did make me lol.

Now for Riserva. First off this should have been posted in the Tech Support & Bugs section.

It could be just a rare occurrences. But also if you were using something to clean your temporary folder on your profile. Or maybe windows has a size that it lets temporary folder can get to. You might have reached it and it could have cleared out some of so backgrounds. I cant confirm this so im not sure.

Were you running anything different while so was up?

Pat

There used to be a low quality resources.SOR didn't there?
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

Riserva

Quote from: Pat on November 30, 2009, 11:29:46 PM

Sorry, I guess. :L

Meiun

This was a really really uncommon bug that would occasionaly happen that I never got around to fixing. Shouldn't really have anything to do with system specs. Just restart the game and it should be fine.

Riserva

Quote from: Meiun on December 01, 2009, 03:26:22 PM
This was a really really uncommon bug that would occasionaly happen that I never got around to fixing. Shouldn't really have anything to do with system specs. Just restart the game and it should be fine.

I did. Then I noticed my computer had 7MB space left, I cleared 300MB, works fine. :D

tehrozzy

Why dont either of these pictures have names in them? Is it just me or is that a little fishy.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: YayForLife on December 02, 2009, 12:19:59 AM
Why dont either of these pictures have names in them? Is it just me or is that a little fishy.
It's part of the bug. I've seen it first hand before.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

tehrozzy