News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Next line by Login!

Started by xCoCex, December 26, 2009, 12:35:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xCoCex

ehh when I pressed # in the Log-In Room I get this:

not really important :D Whatever.
-coce :P
BA hunting started 6.10.10 - ...
BAs killed: 48
Gold: 39
Spire Dagger: 0
Bandit Cover: 0
Bandit Mask: 6
Dagger: 3

foG

I think this is a known bug, at least I found this one when SO was public and thought it was solved, apparently it wasn't.

Made by EpicPhail.

http://mr.foglet.mybrute.com/
Fight my brute Mr.foGlet. =D

God-I-Suck

Torch

I would edit that picture so people can't see your password.

xCoCex

BA hunting started 6.10.10 - ...
BAs killed: 48
Gold: 39
Spire Dagger: 0
Bandit Cover: 0
Bandit Mask: 6
Dagger: 3

Scotty

Quote from: xCoCex on December 26, 2009, 12:54:16 PM
this is not my passwort lmao

But I guarantee someone is very disappointed right now thinking it was!

JoEL

Don't press # - Problem solved. No credit needed Meiun.

Encase anyone wants to know why this happens '#' is the symbol used to move text to a new line in game maker. Different languages have different methods for adding new lines to text, like C++ uses '\n'.

krele

Quote from: JoEL on December 26, 2009, 08:32:29 PM

Encase anyone wants to know why this happens '#' is the symbol used to move text to a new line in game maker. Different languages have different methods for adding new lines to text, like C++ uses '\n'.
It wasn't solved at all by that... Perhaps some people use that character in their password? This is only a habit of bad coding... Worse than clicking on "Treat uninitialized vars as 0"...

There is an easy workaround though, replacing # with /# in a string works.

Scotty

Problem solved. No credit needed Meiun.

Well isn't that quite the sense of entitlement you hold there...

JoEL

Quote from: krele on December 26, 2009, 08:47:46 PM

It wasn't solved at all by that... Perhaps some people use that character in their password? This is only a habit of bad coding... Worse than clicking on "Treat uninitialized vars as 0"...

There is an easy workaround though, replacing # with /# in a string works.

1) You can't use # in your name
2) It does solve the problem.

Quote from: Scotty on December 26, 2009, 10:43:56 PM
Problem solved. No credit needed Meiun.

Well isn't that quite the sense of entitlement you hold there...

Yes indeedy.

Scotty

Don't press # - Problem solved.

... So what you are saying, is that in order to avoid this "glitch" (for lack of better terms), you have to ask the community to please abide by a user-dependent workaround?

That's like saying, "In order to prevent users from maliciously altering the gaming experience of others, we ask that you please not 'crack' the game, although it is entirely possible for you do so if you feel like not listening to us.  Not like we could enforce you past being polite in asking..."

Holy crap, I wish your method was fool proof though.  Man would that take all the stress of security and flush it down the toilet!  I'm going to go ahead and do something I have never done, and am amazed that I'm doing it now.  I am going to go and agree with Krele for the first (and likely only time), in that if there are characters that, if not escaped, will throw exceptions, or result in these "glitches," being so naive to politely (or in your case, egotistically) ask the community to not do it is not enough.  These characters need to be escaped to prevent this error from occurring.

JoEL

Quote from: Scotty on December 27, 2009, 05:29:59 AM

... So what you are saying, is that in order to avoid this "glitch" (for lack of better terms), you have to ask the community to please abide by a user-dependent workaround?

Yes exactly, finally someone understands! This is how the world should work.

Aqua

Not really... For good programming, I prefer to go to my expenses so that the players do not. At any rate, I assume that this will be fixed in the next version, and that this topic will be suddenly closed some time soon.
~Aqua

Scotty

Quote from: JoEL on December 27, 2009, 07:35:10 AM

And that right there is what makes you a piss-poor developer...

krele

Quote from: Scotty on December 27, 2009, 05:50:52 PM
Quote from: JoEL on December 27, 2009, 07:35:10 AM

And that right there is what makes you a piss-poor developer...
Thumbsup!