News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

3 ideas

Started by wrinkles, January 11, 2010, 05:52:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrinkles

Here are some ideas..

Skills (SOV3)

- Charge attacks: The abilty to charge your attacks to make them stronger and faster but with the cost of more stamina
- Last resort: With the cost of all your stamina, you create an explosion that leaves you with 1 hp.. the damage can either be done by..
*The amount of hp taken off you or 3 quaters of the opponents health is gone.

Bosses (SOV2- greenland)
Modify pre-existing bosses that only drops there rare items with higher drop rates
for example, make the BBB bigger and change the colour to red or purple + make it stronger
with the rockbeast, make it bigger, black, the attack is red ( the tornado thing ) and the eyes could be red + make it stronger
Im not sure about the bandit assasin.. maybe make it quicker an can jump lol
The bosses spawn rates would be much lower than te ordinary one..

Lucifer

Hah.. whenever charge attacks are brought up for this game, I always think about how similar Stick Online is to Super Smash Bros. Anyways, I'm not sure about it, but lets brainstorm.

First off, there would have to be some sort of animation symbolizing that you're charging the weapon. Perhaps a loading bar over your head, or maybe your stick would grow hair and shout "KAAAMMEEE KAAAAMMEEEEE-", kidding. I think the best way would be to have the first frame of the animation stuck, then your weapon would slowly pulsate or glow a color, and when you want to release it the animation carries out like normal.
For example, and seriously an example, if you take this 5 second overline seriously I'll stab you.

I don't believe it should increase the speed of the attack at all, only the damage dealt, stamina used, and perhaps knock back dealt as well. One thing to consider, should the damage and stamina scale together perfectly as you charge up the attack? Or should the stamina be drained more than the strength increased, making it more stamina efficient to not charge up your weapons?

Anyways, I could see, if done correctly, some potential benefits for PvP and PvE with this idea, as well as maybe providing more incentive to get Int. Theres a couple of questions to get the thought process started.

@Last Resort, meh. This idea would just be annoying. Anyone with high vitality could epicly abuse it, and anyone with low vitality would be epicly !@#$ed by it. I could however see some type of blood magic ability in SO3, where you would sacrifice some of your HP to damage them.

@Bosses, why? Maybe for kicks and giggles Meiun could increase the size of every monster in the game at the end of the SO2 donor server for a week or so, but I don't see why it should be done now. We have enough mini bosses, and one huge mofo Sand Golem is enough for me.

CherryPie

Oh yeah charge-attacks!
Finally a way to give people with lower str and more int a chance against people, that have chosen different stat builds.
If implemented correctly, this could balance everything perfectly. :)))

Lingus

What if Agi makes the charge up faster? This means this idea would be affected by str, int, and agi.

Lucifer

Quote from: Lingus on January 11, 2010, 02:55:29 PM
What if Agi makes the charge up faster? This means this idea would be affected by str, int, and agi.
Would the charge-up reach certain thresholds? Or would it do damage based on how long you've been charging it? Also, would it take stamina immediately based on the threshold you've reached, or take stamina constantly while charging? Either way, what would the max threshold be, or the max amount of time you can charge it? Or should there be one?

Lingus

I envision it to be a short charge up period before reaching a max charge time (around 5-10 seconds depending on the weapon). During that time period, it will use up so much stamina per tick (again depending on weapon) and increase the damage by so much per tick (also depending on weapon). You can at any point let off the charge and at that point it will stop using up stamina, and will calculate the damage based on how long you held down the charge. Once you hit the max charge time, you should be able to hold the charge without using up stamina, but also not increasing the amount of damage it will hit for. This will allow you to let off the attack whenever you want, so you can charge and wait for someone or something to walk into range and then let off.

Agi would simply speed up the ticks for charge time. It wouldn't change the stam used or damage increase per tick, nor would it change the max charge. It would just allow you to charge faster. Btw, if anyone is unaware, a tick does not equal 1 second. It is simply an interval of time depending on your agi. Kind of like how the attack delay time works.

wrinkles

maybe the bar to show the the power of the charge could be coloured in yellow to green to red.  If you release the attack  on the yellow, it will be a tad stronger than the normal attack, if you release it on the green (what you aim to release it on) gives you a large power boost but if you release it on the red it could either
* do less damage than the normal attack
* miss the opponent
* does the equivilent damage if you release it on the green but has a double stamina cost

here is how you could mix it with stats of AGI, STR and INT
The more strength you have, the green release point would get larger and the yellow will decrease
The more int you have, the red release point decreases while the yellow will increase
The more AGI you have, the yellow release point decreases while the red and green evenly increase

if you want to modify this go ahead :D

Lingus

I personally don't prefer that. I'm guessing you are going for one of those things where the meter bounces back and forth while you have the key held down and depending on where the pointer is in the meter when you release determines the effect? It's used for certain games like golf. It adds an element of skill to the charge attack, but an element that I don't really feel is necessary and actually, in my opinion, deters from the idea of charged attacks.

The idea of charging is that the longer you hold the charge, the better the effect. The down side is that the attack takes longer to pull off (as well as some added stamina usage). The benefit is a higher attack when your hit lands. To add that element of skill seems counter productive to me. It means the length of the charge has nothing to do with the benefits you gain. You could hold the charge for a full minute and if you land on the wrong part of the meter you do less than if you hadn't charged at all.

Additionally, because of how the meter would be laid out, this would require some kind of period of time where the meter does not activate. Otherwise, if you tap the attack it would land in the yellow rather than just doing a standard attack. So in order to charge you would have to hold the key for a second before the meter pops up and starts its thing.

It also completely nullifies the idea that I was going for with a smooth escalation of attack power the longer you hold. There would just be break points. Normal attack you tap. Slightly better attack in the yellow. Most powerful attack in green. Lesser attack in red.

Forum

Lol what if the charge was affected by vit to and take a little off your hp.
Officially quitted

Lingus

Quote from: Forum on January 14, 2010, 10:27:41 PM
Lol what if the charge was affected by vit to and take a little off your hp.
Wait, that doesn't make sense. What part of the charge is affected by vit, and how would it take "a little off your hp?"