News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Any queries with the S.O League, post here.

Started by Danimal, July 03, 2009, 02:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danimal

Hey, as the League is brand new to S.O I don't doubt people will have questions or problems with being able to use it.

Post here, and we can try our best to answer any troubles you have, and let others see the solution

-Danimal

Aqua

+(lll_-)+ is an invalid name.
I used Aqua instead, but it's for +(lll_-)+.
~Aqua

Danimal

Quote from: Aqua on July 03, 2009, 04:02:42 PM
+(lll_-)+ is an invalid name.
I used Aqua instead, but it's for +(lll_-)+.
~Aqua
fixed.

ARTgames

Who is the team that is the official "administration" for looking over false clams?

Will any of these features be implemented in the current version of the game? As in requesting and displaying stats and leader boards will be viewable in game?

If not will future versions of the game implemented in game viewing?

Does the "stickonlineleague.com" site support SSL, HTTPS, ect? don't want my log in info going over the net in clear text.

If i wish to no longer participate in these services, is there a way to get rid of my account/ information?

Will my email be subjected to outside party's? A.K.A advertisement or just outside management sources?

Will a non scripting version of the site ever be made?

Good work to the people who made this happen. This really helps support what this game is about and brightens up the the view of the future of the game.

Petro

A little problem here...I was pvping Igufed and he won, so I went to the website and clicked "I lost", but then it said "Not able to record results for nonexistent match" or something like that and both me and Igufed got a penalty...I'm not sure what happened but I should of got a loss and Igufed should of got a win.

Scotty

Quote from: ARTgames on July 03, 2009, 06:12:14 PM
Who is the team that is the official "administration" for looking over false clams?

Will any of these features be implemented in the current version of the game? As in requesting and displaying stats and leader boards will be viewable in game?

Does the "stickonlineleague.com" site support SSL, HTTPS, ect? don't want my log in info going over the net in clear text.

If i wish to no longer participate in these services, is there a way to get rid of my account/ information?

Will my email be subjected to outside party's? A.K.A advertisement or just outside management sources?

Good work to the people who made this happen. This really helps support what this game is about and brightens up the the view of the future of the game.

Those are some tall requests.  Particularly the requests for SSL and a non-web (scripted) based application.  You do know that getting a signed authority to properly notarize a cert for SSL costs money.  Besides, log-in information is generally nothing you need to worry about, I'd be more worried about bank account information, or purchases with stuff that would financially cripple me if revealed, not a log-in.
Wouldn't a "non scripted" version of this be redundant?  There is no reason for that, that I could think of.  It's available on the web, there's not any reason to take it and make it a full blown executable, especially since it does no good to have it without having an active internet connection anyways.  That's just more work.

Looperpuck

Call me slow, but do you have to be playing in Stick-online to have a real match on this? (Iv'e never had a match so I'm not sure.)

~Looperpuck
Resurrected

Lingus

Why doesn't IE7 work? I get that IE8 is out and so eventually most people will be using it, but currently I believe IE7 is one of the most common browsers. Why not make it work for that?

If you're wondering, no I can't just switch browsers. At work I am unable to install new programs so I can't install Firefox, and we haven't upgraded to IE8 yet.

So... make it work.

ARTgames

Quote from: ScottyWouldn't a "non scripted" version of this be redundant? There is no reason for that, that I could think of.

Quote from: Lingus on July 06, 2009, 07:31:25 PM
Why doesn't IE7 work? I get that IE8 is out and so eventually most people will be using it, but currently I believe IE7 is one of the most common browsers. Why not make it work for that?

If you're wondering, no I can't just switch browsers. At work I am unable to install new programs so I can't install Firefox, and we haven't upgraded to IE8 yet.

So... make it work.

Lingus

Haha, of course, Scott's answer will be to use Firefox...

ARTgames

I also wanted it so i could use the site on a phone. You know if you wanted to check and see if some one was past you on the leader boards if you can use a pc at that moment.

Meiun

Quote from: ARTgames on July 06, 2009, 08:19:19 PM
I also wanted it so i could use the site on a phone. You know if you wanted to check and see if some one was past you on the leader boards if you can use a pc at that moment.
Works fine on my iPhone. I think it would definetly depend on the phone more than the site... Any phone that actually has full fledged internet support such as the iPhone or any other new smart phones would probly be able to handle it i'd imagine, but it's not my site so I can't be sure.

ARTgames

Quote from: Meiun on July 06, 2009, 08:55:25 PM
Works fine on my iPhone. I think it would definetly depend on the phone more than the site... Any phone that actually has full fledged internet support such as the iPhone or any other new smart phones would probly be able to handle it i'd imagine, but it's not my site so I can't be sure.
You bring up a good point meiun. have any one tried to use this sit on something different? i only have IE8 and FF on this system and this sit might work just fine on other stuff.

GAreTH

Quote from: ARTgames on July 03, 2009, 06:12:14 PM

Currently the only "administration" on the site is GaZ, Danimal and myself.
With false claims it is particularly hard to decide who is lying if the fight wasn't seen, so currently a 'Penalty' point is given.
In the future I may add ways of preventing false claims, if I can think of a good way to do so.

As im sure you know this is up to Meiun, but it would be nice if there was some kind of interaction between the site and the game.

As Scotty has already stated, it costs and for just a simple login it isn't really worth it, if it does worry you then either use a password that isn't used anywhere else or don't use the site

Currently only the 3 administrators can delete accounts, this is something I was going to add for the user to be able to do, but simply forgot about it. It may be added in the future.

No, your email address is never given out to anyone else, the only people with access to find out your email address are the 3 administrators,
in fact i'm not even sure if the user can find out what their email is set to (damn my memory), that may need to be changed.

Probably not.

Quote from: Lingus on July 06, 2009, 07:31:25 PM

Even though I understand IE7 is one of the most common browsers at the moment, the website just doesn't display properly in it. I know it is possible to fix, but I either don't have enough time, not enough motivation, I am too lazy, or a mixture of the three.
To tell the truth if the website didn't display correctly in IE8 it wouldn't be supported either, but luckily Microsoft got some right with IE8 as it seems to follow the web standards better then its previous browsers.

I also see no reason for the user to not keep their browser updated, I know there are circumstances where this cannot be done.
The bottom line is IE7 will not be supported until I get the motivation to do so, completely unrelated money seems to motivate me quite well *hint**hint*

So... make it work.

I also wanted it so i could use the site on a phone.
This is a good point, I haven't done any testing with phones, though I could see this being useful to some. I may take this into consideration for the future.

Quote from: ARTgames on July 06, 2009, 09:04:32 PM
have any one tried to use this sit on something different?
Well mainly do my testing in FF at first 3 then 3.5 when released, I also did some very quick tests in IE8, and checked the site in IE7.
I have also done some very quick tests in Safari and it all seem to display correctly. When I started the creation of the website I would also check it in Google Chrome (all working), but haven't check it more recently.
The only browser I have tested it with that did not display correctly was IE7.

igufed

Quote from: Petro on July 05, 2009, 01:32:55 PM
A little problem here...I was pvping Igufed and he won, so I went to the website and clicked "I lost", but then it said "Not able to record results for nonexistent match" or something like that and both me and Igufed got a penalty...I'm not sure what happened but I should of got a loss and Igufed should of got a win.

*taps foot*  ;) Dog_mA_I lost, igufed won

Just bumping this up since I've seen another person's penalty get fixed and this one is still lingering around..
Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0